• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Season 2 with Ms.Freeze start July 11

Saiyan-Rox

digging season 3 GIF
Keep on digging rocksteady

Everyone's talking about Mr "ITS MAM" Freeze

But lol at the costume reveal.

Original from Arkham Knight
Xi1ZcHT.png

Suicide Squad
qpj0qAo.jpeg

Now that's an intresting "addition" to the costume, I wonder why they felt the need to add several inches of white cloth to the design there...
There was a time when I thought Rocksteady had some of the best character designs I had ever seen in a game. This makes me sad for many reasons.

I think her glasses look cool, that's about it...

Also I forgot this game existed.

Everyone's talking about Mr "ITS MAM" Freeze

But lol at the costume reveal.

Original from Arkham Knight
Xi1ZcHT.png

Suicide Squad
qpj0qAo.jpeg
I prefer the one with the white thingy, personally. I think it looks better overall (*looks better, period. For me)
Now that's an intresting "addition" to the costume, I wonder why they felt the need to add several inches of white cloth to the design there...
I don't disagree, by the way. There's a reason and it's a boring and inconsistent one...

Last edited:

Rockondevil

If anyone cares the game is free on prime gaming for the next 48 hours.

So is rise of the tomb raider and chivalry 2 which are probably better value.

Last edited:

nbkicker

Rocksteady was never the same after arkham knight came out and a few females working for the company started complaining about male toxisity in the company, in the book “the art of rocksteadys batman” it was quoted for arkham city the brief was “*UGLY MEN AND BEAUTIFUL GIRLS' WAS THE BRIEF FOR THE ARKHAM CHARACTERS.”, after knight came out and a statement realesed stating all the woman working at rocksteady no matter what job they had would have a say in the look and behaviour of all female charachters in there games going forward , you know it just gonna be a load of tranny looking females or butch females.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Shocking news, Rocksteady has confirmed Mrs. Freeze is a lesbian:

“Victoria Frias is an ice-cold, self-sufficient survivalist who has watched her Elseworld turn to ice as Brainiac’s invasion took hold,” describes Rocksteady the villain. “By the time we meet her in Season 2, she has spent years as the last holdout of her dying planet, unwilling to leave her cryogenically frozen wife behind. But after being recruited by the Squad, she may have the chance to save her – and unleash icy hell.”

Valt7786

Hot5pur

Sweet baby strikes again lol

Seriously though, I picked up the game free with prime and looking forward to checking it out.

Personally I think WB should have just turned the Batman series into the next assassins creed or gears, with a new installment every few years and an overarching story. People would have eaten that up easy. Instead they chased the GAAS trend and essentially trashed a rather capable studio.

I still think people will keep chasing the GAAS trend, in their mind if you hit it big you really hit it big, so a few failures may be worth it in the end. (Kinda like the 80/20 rule). In fact some companies get worried if they don't have enough failures because the major successes are often outliers.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member

So the person who's gimmick it is to freeze everything and has tried creating a new Ice Age is upset that Brainiac has *checks notes* turned her planet to ice?

Amazing writing.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Honestly they would've been better off just making her bald and giving her goggles similar to Mr. Freeze's. She looks like some kind of parody of a DJ from the late 90's early 2000's. I still don't understand how someone would put that together and be like, "YUP! Looks great!"
grl-uuaw8aat7vl.jpg

The next season of Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League has been revealed by Rocksteady Studios with a roadmap for the game's next era of content, both confirming the beginning date for season 2 as July 11th and providing a look at some of the major additions that are set to take place in the coming months. Once again the season will consist of two episodes with additional content released between the two, and you can check out that roadmap below.​
Looks like an Overwatch character. Aren't they all one of those alphabet people?

GymWolf

Gold Member

SJRB

Gold Member
does he even comment on the turdish look of the character or the dude try to be as inoffensive spineless as possible?

It's a long vid but he's very opposed to them genderswapping Freeze, thinks the design is shit, thinks all the skins are shit, Freeze's moveset is shit, making people grind for it is ridiculous, the boss fight is yet another reskin of a main game boss fight, the implementation and cutscenes are shit and in general the dlc content is super barebones and not worth anyone's time or money.

It's just bad dlc for a bad game and Rocksteady should be ashamed of themselves.

- gender swap him and make him a woman

- fucking make her look like a dude anyway
This is the part I don’t get. If they want to swap genders, fine. That could be intriguing! Mrs. Freeze upset that her husband was killed. Instead, they basically change nothing about the story, give Mr. Freeze some hair (which makes no sense either) and just calls him a woman.

Someone had the chance to create an intelligent supervillain woman and they went with this. A man in a female body.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
It's a long vid but he's very opposed to them genderswapping Freeze, thinks the design is shit, thinks all the skins are shit, Freeze's moveset is shit, making people grind for it is ridiculous, the boss fight is yet another reskin of a main game boss fight, the implementation and cutscenes are shit and in general the dlc content is super barebones and not worth anyone's time or money.

It's just bad dlc for a bad game and Rocksteady should be ashamed of themselves.
Does he say actually say shit? Hard to believe tbh.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
This is the part I don’t get. If they want to swap genders, fine. That could be intriguing! Mrs. Freeze upset that her husband was killed. Instead, they basically change nothing about the story, give Mr. Freeze some hair (which makes no sense either) and just calls him a woman.

Someone had the chance to create an intelligent supervillain woman and they went with this. A man in a female body.
Female body is kinda of a stretch.

Let's just put aside the cultural angle for a moment.

This is just shit design. Like terrible. Like if we had something that resembled a sane and competent gaming industry, the designer should be fired and forcibly ejected from the premise.

Someone got paid to conceive this character adaptation. Someone got paid to model it just like this. Someone got paid to greenlight this.

This is something that would win first place for "Design the worst possible take of Mr. Freeze". You have to go out of your way, sink time and resources into making something this objectively bad.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Considering these games were approved 4 or 5 year's ago when the wokies ruled the roost and since then tech companies have begun sacking their diversity team's. Along with the fact overly woke games clearly damage the financial success of a game.

Does it give us hope that games launched 3 to 5 year's from now will be based/Chad as fuck again?

Did Helldivers 2 this year have any woke bs?

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Last edited:

Saber

There has to be some kind of legal loophole where they get the money back. No way this pandering shit with clown designs and basically no players gets any modicrum of money.

Last edited:
Let's just put aside the cultural angle for a moment.

This is just shit design. Like terrible. Like if we had something that resembled a sane and competent gaming industry, the designer should be fired and forcibly ejected from the premise.

Someone got paid to conceive this character adaptation. Someone got paid to model it just like this. Someone got paid to greenlight this.

This is something that would win first place for "Design the worst possible take of Mr. Freeze". You have to go out of your way, sink time and resources into making something this objectively bad.

You guys have to realize, in case you didn't, that these people are MENTALLY ILL, in the literal sense. Uglyfication is not a warped trend but the way they see the world. They are rotten inside and it shows outside, in their looks and in everything they do. This design is consistent with what they are.

Same as Concord, it's not like they are doing it wrong in purpose, they cant do it differently.

Is this design a joke?

At this point just kill it off. I mean look at the Mr.Freeze Rocksteady designed for Arkham City:

1655055089873-png.1586600

At this point all these DEI changes are just criminal. I can't wrap my head around the fact DC approves shit like this done to their characters.
Don't worry, Rocksteady got you covered. For the low, low price of $24, you can get this skin for Mrs. Freeze and it makes her look beautiful*
fuw8pknkuoed1.jpg

* beautiful by Lizzo standards

Quasicat

This game is $20 on Xbox and was free on PC just recently…and I still didn’t want to be bothered to download it. That’s saying something.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

Oh my god I can’t stop laughing. Nobody wants to play their Sweet Baby-infested turd, so they try to drum up interest by adding fugly lesbian gender-swapped Mrs Feeeze in gay pride armor.

“We already lost $200M, how can we recoup some of the losses? Let’s take a big old rainbow shit on another iconic character and give em more of exactly the kind of garbage they overwhelmingly rejected the first time, that should work!”

It’s so stupid you can’t even parody it. If I wanted to meme and mock 2024 game design, I couldn’t make up something more ridiculous than that picture.

NickFire

Cant help but wonder if the people who pushed for that are actually genuine. I mean, yeah, they probably really are. But maybe, just maybe they are really run of the mill trolls who find great pleasure in watching large companies take huge losses or fail to meet ROI objectives. Just sucking in all that negative energy when bonuses aren’t reached, studios get closed, and shareholders get pissed like nasty little energy vampires.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Rocksteady driving a stake in their own hearts.

What happened? I never played those Batman games, but they were alway highly acclaimed and gritty. Talk about a pivot in employee focus!

Top Bottom