• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Season 2 with Ms.Freeze start July 11

MayauMiao

5DmRDJj.jpeg

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Cant help but wonder if the people who pushed for that are actually genuine. I mean, yeah, they probably really are. But maybe, just maybe they are really run of the mill trolls who find great pleasure in watching large companies take huge losses or fail to meet ROI objectives. Just sucking in all that negative energy when bonuses aren’t reached, studios get closed, and shareholders get pissed like nasty little energy vampires.
You know, I think that is true at some level. They have a burning hatred for masculinity, traditional gender roles, traditional family structure, traditional heterosexual monogamous relationships, meritocracy, religion, “patriarchy”, capitalism, finding meaning in one’s life through personal responsibility and sacrifice, etc.

And they want to strip those values out of our culture and replace them with their own “values” or lack thereof: Marxism, postmodernism, intersectionality, diversity, equity (aka equality of outcome) etc.

And now that people are starting to overwhelmingly reject their attempts to force their own ideology into our culture, deep down they are probably thinking “well if they won’t accept it, fuck em, let’s burn the whole thing down”

Fermbiz

Gold Member
So I know I'll get a certain gif when I ask this question, but Is it Mr. Freeze or is it really Mrs. Freeze, or is it both that's part of the Suicide Squad game?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Cant help but wonder if the people who pushed for that are actually genuine. I mean, yeah, they probably really are. But maybe, just maybe they are really run of the mill trolls who find great pleasure in watching large companies take huge losses or fail to meet ROI objectives. Just sucking in all that negative energy when bonuses aren’t reached, studios get closed, and shareholders get pissed like nasty little energy vampires.
I wouldnt be surprised. Although, that would be both a monumental feat and also hypocritical.

On one hand, I'm not surprised, since video game employees are often weird right off the bat with a usual ultra left wing stance. But then trying to sink the ship despite whining about keeping jobs and high pay goes against a successful company.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I wouldnt be surprised. Although, that would be both a monumental feat and also hypocritical.

On one hand, I'm not surprised, since video game employees are often weird right off the bat with a usual ultra left wing stance. But then trying to sink the ship despite whining about keeping jobs and high pay goes against a successful company.
I think they know they’re fucked and the layoffs are coming any day now. They’re just giving a final “fuck you” to the CHUDs while they collect their last few paychecks.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I think they know they’re fucked and the layoffs are coming any day now. They’re just giving a final “fuck you” to the CHUDs while they collect their last few paychecks.
The good 'ol sabotage routine on the way out.

Like the guy who knows he's on the firing line, gets fired, and coworkers need to check his emails and HDD for files so others can continue business. Then they find out the guy deleted everything. Nobody wants to go to IT hoping to recover emails/files from random dates, so whomever is asked to take over has to start from scratch.

Last edited:

Saber

So I know I'll get a certain gif when I ask this question, but Is it Mr. Freeze or is it really Mrs. Freeze, or is it both that's part of the Suicide Squad game?

Its a gender swap lesbian dommed alternative reality version of Mr. Freeze

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Wait, wait, wait…this is Mrs Freeze?? I thought Mr Freeze was just a flamboyant Huang Jensen this entire time.

Heaven forbid Mrs Freeze look like an attractive woman. She’s gotta be the typical Butch character modeled to the tastes of the developers.

Bernardougf

They don't want the money from actual customers but ESG investments and public funding. They operate with the same mindset as a subsidized company, customers don't care anymore. That's why all these companies must disappear, the market needs this bubble to burst asap.
But all this money they get from this dei policies are higher than actual big profits??? ... this cant be true.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
But all this money they get from this dei policies are higher than actual big profits??? ... this cant be true.
I dont get it either. Unless the money is a grant or free dev costs on gov or investment company dime, wouldnt the game company also need to sell lots of copies to make back money to pay it back?

Last edited:

Bernardougf

The DEI money helps get the game greenlit. Developers get paid for making shit game. Developers say game flopped bcause of racist bigots. Publishers and shareholders too stupid / weak to push back (until recently anyway). Rinse and repeat.
Maybe throw some bonuses attached to tha game success and %sales .... anyway ... the point remains .. at some point this people stopped caring about maximum profits.. spreading "the message" is the higher priority.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
The DEI money helps get the game greenlit. Developers get paid for making shit game. Developers say game flopped bcause of racist bigots. Publishers and shareholders too stupid / weak to push back (until recently anyway). Rinse and repeat.
Also keep in mind so many of these games started development around 2017 or earlier, and are years behind schedule/over-budget “because of COVID”.

You just know so many devs/publishers are shitting themselves seeing bomb after woke bomb + their trailers getting ratio’d to hell.

They’ve wasted countless millions and years of time and effort under the illusion that “modern audiences” are demanding this shit.

GloveSlap

Agreed. It really makes you wonder who is in charge over there though to approve this. The higher ups are either part of that crowd or are completely clueless.

If you guys like those skins, probably will like this one as well.

rDl0VHD.png

It's just missing the red nose and clown wig.

This is normally the point in forum discourse were someone has to point out that this is based on the original Mr Freeze design from the 50s when he was known as Mr Zero.

You know, because doing old stuff again automatically makes it good, even if it sucks.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Agreed. It really makes you wonder who is in charge over there though to approve this. The higher ups are either part of that crowd or are completely clueless.
Probably mix of lots of factors:

- DEI/political people who funnel to media jobs because they cant get a job elsewhere. It's pretty hard to be a weird political person pushing an agenda selling cars, working at a bank, or installing air conditioners. Most jobs and products have zero feature set involving DEI or politics, but people can still get hired due to hiring quotas. Its a matter of whether their personal politics make it to the end product. Most dont or cant. But games, TV shows, movies it can

- Ignorant bosses, running a company that does zero business analysis and testing. Just do whatever they want and pray it sells. I've said this a million times, I am 100% confident most studios dont do any testing. And I'm not talking beta tests or QA tests, but actual consumer interest testing. It's like a guy has a game idea on a napkin he thinks is the best thing ever and that's going to be it. Well, turns out his idea was stupid, took 5 years and cost $50M to make

- Probably the usual stupid copycat strategy video game companies do...... If COD and Fortnite can have tons of crazy mtx and be successful, why cant our game?

Last edited:

Saber

This is normally the point in forum discourse were someone has to point out that this is based on the original Mr Freeze design from the 50s when he was known as Mr Zero.

You know, because doing old stuff again automatically makes it good, even if it sucks.

The skin still looks like Ronald Mcdonalds without the red nose and wig though.
And it's not like they have any sense making references when this is not Mister Freeze at all. I could understand Joker since he is basically the same, but this is a gender swap Miss Freeze from another dimension lol

Lunarorbit

Gold Member
Every character has a Pride-themed skin and they're all insanely tasteless.

heres-a-look-at-the-new-free-pride-stuff-v0-skyve5c1w56d1.jpg

heres-a-look-at-the-new-free-pride-stuff-v0-b7bc68c1w56d1.jpg

heres-a-look-at-the-new-free-pride-stuff-v0-wsysvkb1w56d1.jpg

Yeah...
That's the perfect word, tasteless. I really have a hard time believing gay people actually came up with this design.

I know the hyper/neon colors have been in for a while but it's a parody to think this is how LGBT wanna be expressed in media. Sure there are over the top gay designs but the vast majority of this demographic doesn't make a travesty out of fashion like this.

It's super pandering to just wrap characters in gay pride flags. It's a caricature.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
That's the perfect word, tasteless. I really have a hard time believing gay people actually came up with this design.

I know the hyper/neon colors have been in for a while but it's a parody to think this is how LGBT wanna be expressed in media. Sure there are over the top gay designs but the vast majority of this demographic doesn't make a travesty out of fashion like this.

It's super pandering to just wrap characters in gay pride flags. It's a caricature.

My mate absolutely hates how everything to do with being gay automatically seems to require rainbow flags and camp shit. He finds it incredibly reductive, and not a little homophobic against people like him who are gay, but not camp in the slightest. It's like only ever depicting black people as gangster rappers, or Chinese people wearing paddy field hats.

This shit is largely done by straight people who think they are being the saviours of the oppressed - by selling every dumb fucking stereotype imaginable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom