• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blood+ may be one of the most tedious series of all time. Now that we live in the age of 11 episode shows it's crazy to think that something as worthless as Blood+ got fifty-two episodes.

Plenty of shows that are much more worthless got the same or higher amount of episodes.

wonzo

Banned
Moyashimon 2

moyashimon2.jpg
moyashimon2a.jpg
moyashimon2b.jpg

It's not often you get to watch a show that's both educational and fun. Who knew that microbes and bacteria could be so entertaining!

Jex

Naru and Truth are the worst anime characters of the year and every single scene involving them is the cancer preventing Ao from becoming a genuinely good show. Even Shitjiko was a little bit more likeable.

Why are you claiming that those two things are even characters?

Dresden

I could see an antagonist hamster would improving the overall show, yes.

The hamster would be like, in this cage, and it'd be symbolic of the world, and he was owned by a scientist, and now he's a metaphor for Truth, and when he runs on the wheel, it's like, the futility of man, man.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Rather than a hamster, I somehow want to see Truth end up trapped in the body of Naru's sloth. He would still have the douchey glowing belt and everything, just be reeeeeeeeeally sloooooooooow.

I already thought episode 11 did that pretty clearly, episode 12 was just building upon stuff that had already been revealed.

I think that some measure of disbelief regarding anything that happened in episode 11 is forgivable, hahah.

Jex

Riding Bean

While reading impressions this morning, I came across wonzo's of this and what stood out to me was the quote of this being the perfect OVA. I'd been in the mood for something self-contained and well done after far too much stuff I've watched recently that are compressed adaptations or adaptations that require external knowledge of a franchise. Thankfully, I got exactly what I wanted from this and it was fucking amazing. This is better than most action films I've seen and it was exciting start to finish, especially once the plot began to unfold and the strange scene in the opening getaway is given some context. Don't even get me started on how beautifully animated the cars were.

Can you imagine how good a BD release of Riding Bean would look? I can't.

I have only major complaint about Riding Bean but I feel you can already imagine what is. It's that
creepy scene with the under-age girl that just had to be in it because, well, Kenichi Sonoda loves underage girls.

sonicmj1

Look, Truth is just trying to tell people about, well, the Truth of the world. Sometimes this requires the occasional sacrifice.

I know, it's a pretty important message.

I mean, he told Gazelle, "Some people can't see the truth. They need to look for the truth to find it." And Gazelle's life changed forever from such a deep, impactful revelation.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Rumors out of Fuji TV:

- Psychopass will be directed by Satoshi Nishimura with CG animation from a new studio.

- Takahiro Omori is working on a sequel to a "fairly recent" Brains Base show.

Will watch Psychopass for the first episode at least. I have a lot of nostalgia for Trigun.

I bet 100% the brain base sequel is durarara, would be awesome if it was baccano!! s2 though!

Narag

Can you imagine how good a BD release of Riding Bean would look? I can't.

I have only major complaint about Riding Bean but I feel you can already imagine what is. It's that
creepy scene with the under-age girl that just had to be in it because, well, Kenichi Sonoda loves underage girls.

That indeed caught my attention. I assumed it was to complement the violence with something sexual (aside from Rally's introduction) and instead ended up creepy.

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san 4
Gu3zp.png

There are hunters, and then there are Deity Hunters!
Mahiro's mom is a good character, unlike her son. Though nothing really happens in this episode.I guess it introduces the mom and the short blonde kid, but that's about it. It ended with a cliffhanger so we'll see how that will pan out...

Jex

You know what, fuck everything.

You know that super-sweet BD release of Macross DYRL that's coming out? For some asinine reason that I cannot fathom it seems that they decided to heavily censor some instances of violence on screen. See the source here. Perhaps it's not too bad and it's only for the screening these folks attended, but it's pretty worrying.

smh2jl5l-1.gif

Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai 01
Originally I wasn't gonna watch this, but damn you cosmicblizzard.

It wasn't bad. The male lead is fun and active. Childhood friend isn't abusive and doomed to friends forever supportive? of his behavior.

It looks fun with magic and the endless groping to get said magic.

And the show is much better not being invaded by light flares if only for the premise of the show.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sengoku Collection 13:

The historical Sugitani Zenjubou was a mercenary ninja who tried and failed to snipe Oda Nobunaga with a musket.

Sengoku Collection Sugitani Zenjubou was a mercenary ninja who tried and failed to snipe Oda Nobunaga with a musket.

WTF THEY ACTUALLY MATCH FOR ONCE

Oda Nobunaga bumps into a hyper-genki homeless girl with a penchant for stripping and they go on a yuri hot springs adventure together. For this show, the results are pretty BUENOOOOOOOOOOOO. It was noticeably higher-budget and better-directed than the previous few episodes, so priorities and all that.

also something something Imagawa sends an assassin to kill Nobunaga something, but that never really went anywhere and in fact the assassin gets pwned by Nobunaga pretty effortlessly.

Sengoku Collection 14:

I'm not even doing the history vs. Sengoku Collection thing in protest of this episode. They've reeeeeeeally bent the definition of "character from the Sengoku era" a couple of times already, but with this episode they've broken it outright. Our characters of the week are a trio of shinsengumi from the Bakumatsu years, a full 270 YEARS after the Sengoku era ended. Yes, I mad about the lack of historical accuracy in my execrable moeshit mobage-peddling show.

F6AJql.jpg

Also relevant to the Blahblah H ga Dekinai discussion from earlier tonight

I don't even think I can say as much about the episode as I did just typing the above rant. This was cute shinsengumi doing cute things. Twenty minutes of talking heads and inane shit like playing board games and cooking dinner completely uninterrupted by anything resembling a plot. We've hit a new low.

Also, new OP and ED. I don't see why Brains Base would want to spend one more cent on this failure than they have to, but maybe they found some change under Konami's couch cushions.

I hope that the new character featured prominently alongside Oda Nobunaga in the OP and ED is Akechi Mitsuhide. A nice boat ending would the the best possible thing that could happen to this show.

Narag

You know that super-sweet BD release of Macross DYRL that's coming out? For some asinine reason that I cannot fathom it seems that they decided to heavily censor some instances of violence on screen. See the source here. Perhaps it's not too bad and it's only for the screening these folks attended, but it's pretty worrying.

Fuck everything is right.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
no... keep truth away from Noah.

He's important.

iOjaWK3lo3ACm.gif

random fact: the first time I watched Eureka Seven, my personal insane fan theory was that Gulliver was God. Maybe Noah won't disappoint me.

edit: nevermind, somehow I missed the DYRL and thought that this was happening to the series

I never said recent.

Though there are the Precures.

Pokemon has never been a good show.

I see that there's a two-pronged assault on rightness in the thread tonight.

Jex

I never said recent.

Though there are the Precures.

I saw you quote the wrong post there!

Anyway, the fact that Blood+ is a relatively recent work would kind of be the point, because shows have been getting shorter and shorter over time.

Anyway, Gundams/Precures don't really count in my mind because they're franchise works that come out every one or two years regardless.

Sengoku Collection 14:

I hope that the new character featured prominently alongside Oda Nobunaga in the OP and ED is Akechi Mitsuhide. A nice boat ending would the the best possible thing that could happen to this show.

Damn you and your Sengoku knowledge.

After some digging, I think that is Akechi Mitsuhide.

http://senkore.mgdb.jp/sk_full.php?no=1303&team=&rank=0&page=0&sort=0&dir=1&div=0&lv=1&q=%8C%F5%8FG

I guess at the very least, they'll be some loose story going on here.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい

If this is true... I DON'T WANNA LIVE ON THIS PLANET ANYMORE!!! lucas'd

Fairy Tail 138

They're seriously gonna keep this filler arc going? I mean I guess it's a good idea to let the manga get further, but still...

And really, the new OP just makes the whole thing even weirder. I mean, what the hell are Oracion Seis people doing in it? It's like A-1 wants to take as much advantage of the timeskip as they can by coming up with their own 7 year later designs and stuff.

I do like that Kinana is getting actual development, a character Mashima refuses to flesh out. Makes sense why Cobra would show up in that case. It's still kind of weird though and in anything else would be reserved for canon.

Speaking of which, what the hell is this?

They seriously gave Mira a non-canon super form? They're really doing their best to not lose ratings (doubt it's helping though).

duckroll

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/JexThread/smh2jl5l-1.gif

This is outrageous. I don't even know what the world is coming to anymore. FML!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom