• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanBlue

What? Sakuga?
Or something else?
Nah.
The protagonist of the old series vs. the protagonist of the new series.
To be honest, I probably haven't watched enough anime, and there are probably a lot more series that do this than Destiny, but Destiny is all I can think of.

Edit: I'm too scared to leave out spoiler tags, even for GSD. Being a junior is terrifying.

Dresden

So I'm watching the naoko yamada in london special thing and I'm going to be disappointed if the keions don't get to stonehenge somehow.

YKPOsl.jpg

Jarmel

Banned
Nah.
The protagonist of the old series vs. the protagonist of the new series.
To be honest, I probably haven't watched enough anime, and there are probably a lot more series that do this than Destiny, but Destiny is all I can think of.

Edit: I'm too scared to leave out spoiler tags, even for GSD. Being a junior is terrifying.

Quite frankly I have no goddamn clue where they're going with the show as a whole. I think that scene is more symbolic though rather an actual physical confrontation.

Narag

Nichijou 10

All that head trauma. Aside from that, Hakase acting mature was pretty funny as was Yuuko's plan to get out of studying.

cZBjMl.png

In some darker future, this will be Ultimadrago's avatar.

Emitan

I lapsed on anime forever ago. But after watching K-On! and getting a crunchy roll sub I'm really getting back in. I'm really liking YuruYuri, which isn't surprising since I'm a lesbian. My main complaint is that they introduced too many characters too quickly in season one, so I hope season two is at a more relaxed pace.

I've only seen one episode of Nichijou and it's fucking bonkers. No idea what I was watching but I loved every second of it.

cajunator

Banned
I lapsed on anime forever ago. But after watching K-On! and getting a crunchy roll sub I'm really getting back in. I'm really liking YuruYuri, which isn't surprising since I'm a lesbian. My main complaint is that they introduced too many characters too quickly in season one, so I hope season two is at a more relaxed pace.

I've only seen one episode of Nichijou and it's fucking bonkers. No idea what I was watching but I loved every second of it.

What other sorts of shows do you like to watch?

I told you to watch Saki.

You need to keep going so you can see more GO Soccer, the best skits, as well as hearing the first superior op song thats really catchy.

Theonik

Oi oi! I certainly hope you're not hating on the Yurus otherwise we may have to seize your avatar.

Though saying that, why did darkside31337 change his avatar? Guess that means Yui is up for grabs. See my Yuru avatar post for all the images.
I was making the point that chibis don't really look human either so his Chip-ON complain comes out as ironic with his avatar!

OceanBlue

Quite frankly I have no goddamn clue where they're going with the show as a whole. I think that scene is more symbolic though rather an actual physical confrontation.
I really hope it is. All I can think of is if it actually were an actual physical confrontation.

Well, to be honest I don't have a huge problem with it too much. I just don't want them to make some, in my opinion, poor decisions to arrange the fight. I'm not completely confident in E7AO's ability to avoid questionable decisions, so I'm just worried.

cajunator

Banned
I used to watch a lot of shonen stuff but I'm tired of that. I like slice of life stuff now. I'm not sure which genre Princess Jellyfish is but Gravijah forced me to watch that and I really liked that as well.

Nice choice. Thats a good one!
For Slice of Life you might like Sora No Woto and Aria, depending on your preference of pacing. Bamboo Blade has a bit of tournament fighting and is really well done. Hidamari Sketch is pretty cute and hilarious. There are others but I cant think of them at the moment.

OceanBlue

For Slice of Life you might like Sora No Woto and Aria, depending on your preference of pacing. Bamboo Blade has a bit of tournament fighting and is really well done. Hidamari Sketch is pretty cute and hilarious. There are others but I cant think of them at the moment.

Taishou Yakyuu Musume is one personal favorite of mine, but I have questionable tastes in quality, or something, so take it with a grain of salt.

Emitan

I remember that O:

Awesome, I'll look those up.

EDIT: None of them are on Crunchy Roll :(

Toriko 63
tumblr_m7f956Mjvr1roy8s6o1_500.jpg

The narrator for the part did his voice so well this time, all that emphasis. I wouldnt eat these but they look tasty. The fight had so many mindblowing moments, I honestly think whoever pins this series just ignores all rules and just makes his attacks as powerful and stunning as possible even if there is no logic behind it except making it be as cool as ever. Redirectiong flying forks and what not was epic, as well as that super long bendable tongue attack.

Firemind

When slice of life is synonymous for a ragtag group of kawaii onna. I weep for anime.

Funimation has this new web survey up, mostly asking about consumer habits, though at the end they do ask "what books/films/games would you like to see as an anime-style movie" so I guess they're fishing for ideas on what to do after Dragon Age & Mass Effect. Plus the survey also serves as an entry into a drawing for a DVD/BD set of your choice.

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22G9GWDTS4L

Harry Potter anime movie
Uncharted anime movie
Artemis Fowl anime movie

Were my picks. Anime Harry and Draco would be cool to see, oh and Ron, if they could incorporate book 4-6.

Comment box I just asked for licenses of kimi boku, aquarion evol, and sekaiichi hatsukoi, as Ive been doing in every one of their surveys :( ...

Wow, you drug up a movie speech to make a point. Nice. So I dont understand what goes on. Fuck the murders in my family. fuck the deaths from cancer and losing my sister when she was a day old. fuck all the shit I have to put up with on a dialy basis to make sure people has gas in their cars. I dont know SHIT about being alive. NO how about I need anime to give me an escape from all that fucking bullshit because it makes me happy and takes me the fuck out of the world for a bit?" How the fuck about that?!
Sorry, that wasn't supposed to be taken at face value. What you said made me think of it, so I couldn't help posting it. ;) That little speech was extremely exaggerating the point, the point being that things happen everyday that are worth telling stories about. Good fiction can take you out of the world without resorting to being, well, K-On!. K-On! doesn't need death and fucked up shit, it just needs something.
Huh. I thought it was the stairs.
The stairs suck too, as pretty as they are. That scene is poorly implemented stock footage.
It's hard to go wrong with Satou or Ikuhara!
Indeed, Ikuhara's OPs are always worth watching. Oh, you meant his shows. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom