• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/what-the-fuck-tom-delonge-gif.gif

No this can't be Railwars. The trailer made it out to be like it was going to be a great show about the security at train stations, perhaps romance and good visuals and I get treated with this shit. I don't know why I got hyped now.

You just single-handedly killed my anticipation for my my MOST anticipated anime of the season. Fuck anime. Fuck this summer season. I'm going to the beach......oh wait I live in London fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Welcome to the club.

cajunator

Banned
The disappointment train has already started.

I dont know why people insist on raining on every new season before it even starts. Its ridiculous and unnecessary.

Jibril was the best part of S1, Materialization Shiritori was probably my favourite part of the whole show.

The references really worked well in this show.

Im not sure whats going on with S2, we have almost enough LN material for it, and word is that the Yu really enjoyed working on the show, coupled with decent sales I don't doubt we get a S2.

Jibril is a straight up goddess of perfection. No other way to describe her.
The show is filled with awesome characters though. It was just pure joy to watch.

Kurumi so best even DTL likes her.

Truer words never spoken. Youll make AHB cry with happiness.

The extent of my knowledge of Ranma is this gif.

Mesmerizing.

Ranma is a entertaining series. I watched a whole lot of it with friends a long time ago in anime club and otherwise and I own the whole series for the hell of it. If you have the time, its well worth seeing.

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma ???

What the hell is this? I loved Fate/Zero and wasn't there supposed to be a remake of the first show Fate/Night or whatever?

You might not like this. Its a magical girl spinoff show. Very cute but ultimately of no consequence to the Fate Universe stories.

It's pretty much as good as the first season of Fate/Zero.

Dont bash my Illya like that :(
The show deserves better than to be compared to FSN.

No Game No Life 05

Pantsu

Steph loses about everything in various games, there's suddenly a castle in the sky and a winged being descends.

Welcome to perfection.

Hooray? My tenacity got me noticed for something! That's stage one.

Locodol 01

While I can see how comparisons would be drawn to WUG, the overall tone (and local love being spread around) reminds me of an idol version of Rinne no Lagrange. The humor largely worked, Nyanako and Yukarin have some great chemistry that can be taken as either friendship or yuri - and it's abundantly clear which one I'll take - and I liked the performance they did of the local town anthem. Small traces of lewdness, but this is TBS, they won't even air panty shots there. The daily life show I'm really looking forward to is Hanayamata, being the representative Kirara series of the season, but this is a pretty strong contender out the gate. It's small scale, and funny and heartwarming.

All that's left for today is Rail Wars, and I'm hoping CR announces that and it's not delayed too badly like Kawaisou.

YOUVE GOT MY ATTENTION

Chariot

Well... The signs were there if you followed some of the news about it, but still...
At least we know beforehand. Average anime went down in the middle of the season or blow completely up at the end.

damn, that makes a perfect modernanimu.gif
That reminds me of my last straw for Rail Wars.

Samurai_Champloo01-04.gif

Is it like this? Please say me, that it's like this.
I'd rather buy vania600's PIXIVA art-book and be done with it (http://vania.futene.net/dima_c83top0001.htm). All the goodness of the illustrations from the LN without the additives! :)
You got a point there. I need more artbooks (if not necessary these tho). All that merchandise in K-On! GAF makes me consider my Batman Budget :(

3 days til Akame and no announcement :(

That and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun are the only shows I really care about this season.

Does the latter have streaming plans confirmed yet?

Oh and what about the P4G anime?

3 days til Akame and no announcement :(

That and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun are the only shows I really care about this season.

Does the latter have streaming plans confirmed yet?

Oh and what about the P4G anime?

Someone has to be doing P4G and AgK. They'd be silly not to pick those up.

I think CR still has a bunch of unannounced titles.

Locodol 01

MC is a bit of an air-head but in a endearing way that doesn't make me dislike her. I'm a sucker for idol shows and this one made me chuckle a couple times so I'm in.

C6Xt2Tl.jpg

Glasslip

Holy shit PA Works you are throwing down your visual style so hard on this shit right now. Anyway looks like a love polygon story. Not sure if I will go the full mile on this one, but we'll see.

Also Touko a cute.

GgwEp8d.jpg

Someone has to be doing P4G and AgK. They'd be silly not to pick those up.

I think CR still has a bunch of unannounced titles.

yeah, I'm expecting and hoping Crunchyroll to at least pick Akame up.

What's the deal with the SAO schedule. I seem to remember there being some wonkiness for parts of Europe in when it releases.

Am I ok in Ireland? Am I getting it on time with the U.S. etc.?

cajunator

Banned
Off to Anime Expo. I think I'm going to go to one of these so called hentai panels.

Great to have you back :)
Have fun over there. I just went to a smaller convention a couple weeks ago. they are always fun!

Sword Art Online 21

L5Nk3cE.png

Only takeaway I had from this one was finding it strange Sugu/Kirito interaction felt more formal than the Leafa/Kirito stuff. Anonymity on the internet, I guess, or just awkwardness due to unresolved feelings.

Youve posted a picture of some terrible beast there. Horrible whatever it is. I see some tentacle monsters too.

RightStuf posted their fourth clue for their last Anime Expo announcement: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152374948442745&set=a.10151485847192745.1073741835.70101247744&type=1

Something involving cooking. There's a handful of cooking anime that this could hint at. Which could it be?

Yakitate Japan pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!
I would be so happy. Id buy the whole entire thing.

And I now am home and so begins my vacation.

Time to start this new season.

Lucky :(
I want a vacation ;_;

well vita has a CR app lol

It took a hell of a long time to get one too. Almost didnt.

why can't I hold all these waifus?

Good question. Actually I made a notepad file specifically to keep track of every cutie from every show so I never forget one of them. Im still working on it.

Anyone going into SAO 2 positively? If it can maintain the quality of the first part of S1 I'll be happy.

I am actually. Ill give it a shot because of Sinon.

Rail Wars 1

I don't know what I expected.

1JjYmXw.gif

I expect to have fun. Some silly gif wont change that.
I expect it to be silly nonsense. Everybody should have. What else would it be?

Rail Wars, the show that will prevent me from browsing Anime-GAF at work.

Nah. I view this thread at work all the time.
People have looked up worse things at work. This thread is harmless.

There was anticipation for Rail Wars? Really?

Hell yeah. Im in it for the cutie redhead.

what-the-fuck-tom-delonge-gif.gif

No this can't be Railwars. The trailer made it out to be like it was going to be a great show about the security at train stations, perhaps romance and good visuals and I get treated with this shit. I don't know why I got hyped now.

You just single-handedly killed my anticipation for my my MOST anticipated anime of the season. Fuck anime. Fuck this summer season. I'm going to the beach......oh wait I live in London fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I'd rather watch part two of Sword Art Online than be stuck at a beach.

What's the deal with the SAO schedule. I seem to remember there being some wonkiness for parts of Europe in when it releases.

Am I ok in Ireland? Am I getting it on time with the U.S. etc.?

Yeah, you're ok in Ireland:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ils-sword-art-online-ii-anime-streaming-plans

Sword Art Online II will be available worldwide except for France, Switzerland, Belgium, Algeria, Monaco, Tunisia, Germany, Luxemburg, Austria, and Liechtenstein, China, Taiwan, Korea, India and Japan. EU territories (except UK and Ireland) will be delayed by one month.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Locodol 1

K6QPNBJ.gif

Well it's an idol show so I have no choice but to watch it. Seems pretty lighthearted at the moment. Though saying that, within the first four minutes you've already seen the main character in a skimpy outfit and the eye-catches are not much better. I'm going to have to keep a close eye on the uncle.

So basically watch if you like idol shows otherwise it'll probably not be your cup of tea.

Yay! Awesome, thanks.

And to phoenix296; I'm going in pretty positively. I enjoyed SAO for what it was. Take your brain out, a bit of fun. I'll enjoy SAO II Im sure.

But man. Akame ga KILL! will be the big favourite this season for everyone, I'd imagine. I really enjoyed the manga, despite it generally not being my thing. Everyone will fall for Esdese.

Although I wonder how gory they'll go.

glasslip 1

show looks oddly budgeted for this studio. not really digging the premise, might come back to this if impressions are decent in a few weeks.

eyes are too big too. kinda freaky.

cajunator

Banned
Anime never ceases to disappoint.

Theres a whole ton of good stuff though at any given time to watch. Anime is the #1 most enjoyable thing in my entire life.

Locodol 01

MC is a bit of an air-head but in a endearing way that doesn't make me dislike her. I'm a sucker for idol shows and this one made me chuckle a couple times so I'm in.

C6Xt2Tl.jpg

Glasslip

Holy shit PA Works you are throwing down your visual style so hard on this shit right now. Anyway looks like a love polygon story. Not sure if I will go the full mile on this one, but we'll see.

Also Touko a cute.

GgwEp8d.jpg

Very cute art styles. I dont mind a crazy love circle story at this point in time.

chaika 4

not blood related siblings. dragon loli ojousama,

This anime sure is anime.

That dragoon loli is amazing. Love her so much.

Yay! Awesome, thanks.

And to Cajunator; I'm going in pretty positively. I enjoyed SAO for what it was. Take your brain out, a bit of fun. I'll enjoy SAO II Im sure.

But man. Akame ga KILL! will be the big favourite this season for everyone, I'd imagine. I really enjoyed the manga, despite it generally not being my thing. Everyone will fall for Esdese.

I usually turn my brain off for shows like that, but SAO still managed to insult it. Not many shows have that kind of talent. It was the last disappointing show Ive seen.

Chariot

lol at people being overly excited for a show mostly based on some guy's sexy drawings of chicks at a train station. If I can get some of this I'll be fine.
There are worse reasons.
There have to be worse reason...!

Might still watch it if other people here like it for non-fanservice reasons in the end.
Sure, hope they find them.
Theres a whole ton of good stuff though at any given time to watch. Anime is the #1 most enjoyable thing in my entire life.
I too enjoy anime, but shows bumb me so often in my guts, it's not funny anymore. Even shows I like have often major flaws, because they somehow have to follow these annoying repeating anime tropes where I only roll my eyes and scratch my eyes out. It really bums my enjoyment.
Heck, there I only seen a few hundred shows and I can already tell exactly what happens on some shows and when it comes to battle shounen I can even speak the battle dialoge before the characters do, because so few seem to care to make their fights creative.

Yay! Awesome, thanks.

And to phoenix296; I'm going in pretty positively. I enjoyed SAO for what it was. Take your brain out, a bit of fun. I'll enjoy SAO II Im sure.

I'm looking forward to AgK, but I forget a lot of the beginning stuff.
I'll watch it for Esdese.

lol at people being overly excited for a show mostly based on some guy's sexy drawings of chicks at a train station. If I can get some of this I'll be fine.

Huh.

I'm looking forward to AgK, but I forget a lot of the beginning stuff.
I'll watch it for Esdese.

I can't wait to see the reactions to the
twist
when
he goes to the kind girl's house and Night Raid reveals the shed truth.

That legit had me surprised/horrified/hyped.

and I wonder if they'll animate 23.5. :lol

Glasslip 1

They just kind of hit the ground running didn't they? They really didn't stop to do any explaining or exposition but I feel that is part of the shows mystery and that they will start to expound on things as the series goes. They are going to tell this story a little differently. I'm okay with that so long as they bring us a little up to speed within the next two episodes. However if they don't this may go down as a very awkward start. We have a pretty diverse cast of characters all with very different personalities. This should be an interesting watch.

The show is very pretty. Really high production. The fireworks scenes were quite something. When it
went into slow motion and you see the firework explode slowly while we see the main girl
was really something else. Very good. The music is also really nice.

I really, really like the OP. It's very nice. It also fells familiar and nostalgic. I can't put my finger on which OP I could compare it to. The ED is so so. I might like it as we go along but as it stands it doesn't do much for me.

Solid start for the show. I am intrigued. Let's see where they go with it over the next several episodes.

cajunator

Banned

I know. I just wanna see that redhead doing cute redhead train things. I dont even know what that means.

There are worse reasons.
There have to be worse reason...!

Sure, hope they find them.I too enjoy anime, but shows bumb me so often in my guts, it's not funny anymore. Even shows I like have often major flaws, because they somehow have to follow these annoying repeating anime tropes where I only roll my eyes and scratch my eyes out. It really bums my enjoyment.
Heck, there I only seen a few hundred shows and I can already tell exactly what happens on some shows and when it comes to battle shounen I can even speak the battle dialoge before the characters do, because so few seem to care to make their fights creative.

I dont just enjoy anime. I practically live for it.

Tokyo Ghoul 1

In the end I watched it, to see all that nice animation praise.

This is going to be Edgy McEdge right?
The MC conflicted between his humanity and his ghoul side for the rest of the series, I can see it already.

Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 - Tragedy

Hide and Kaneki were the main attractions to stick with it. Hide could have been treated better but at least Kaneki was so grateful to him.

Otherwise just really on the mature side and too dark. Though I kind of felt the same for Code:breaker so Ill probably end up following and diving into the manga at full speed once its done.

Mekaku City Actors 12

Whelp. I have absolutely no idea what was going on.... I think I lost the plot around episode 5.

Onward to the summer shows!

Also, what's going on with MushiShi? Was it only 10 episodes or are they that far behind? Sometimes we get a new episode every two weeks.

Tokyo Ghoul 1

In the end I watched it, to see all that nice animation praise.

This is going to be Edgy McEdge right?
The MC conflicted between his humanity and his ghoul side for the rest of the series, I can see it already.

If it can outedgy Akame ga Kill then that will be an accomplishment

If it can outedgy Akame ga Kill then that will be an accomplishment
Impossible unless Tokyo ghouls has depictions of human and animal rape.

Speaking of Ghouls

Tokyo Ghouls 01
Okay so the first episode sold me. Love the visual designs and the character designs and I'm a huge sucker for
I MUST KEEP MY HUMANITY
stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom