• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

I tired to watch Glasslip, but it was really boring, and didn't want to be bored anymore so I stopped.

dat landscape architecture doe

9XPrguT.jpg

Mature

make with the deets
It wasn't interesting. Mostly "blank vs. blank". I'm trying to ignore them. They're talking about Abenobashi now. Also, Viz handed out the first volume of Tegami Beach. What do they want me to do with it?

Mecha

Tokyo Ghoul 1

I can't. I'm crying too much from the scene he eats the meat. AOTY already.

The symbolism of him tossing aside his humanity to survive, even if he has to become a monster strikes me emotionally too. The first episode was basically narrative perfection, I believe we have the next Attack on Titan here.

Like I'd believe a yukata hater like you.

AH BOO FUCKING HOO. Go catch fish out of paper nets.

The only bad thing about anime is how Japanese it can be.
^

I tired to watch Glasslip, but it was really boring, and I didn't want to be bored anymore so I stopped.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To be fair I didn't even try. I can already tell when I'll be bored with an anime before I even watch it. It's called Myanime Report.

The symbolism of him tossing aside his humanity to survive, even if he has to become a monster strikes me emotionally too. The first episode was basically narrative perfection, I believe we have the next Attack on Titan here.

I want to clarify that I was lauging at that scene. I enjoyed the first episode, and Attack on Titan (own blu ray of part 1 awaiting second part) but this episode can be summarized with

FIReQdN.jpg

Am I a maaaaaaaaaaaaaan or am I a Ghouuuuuuul

Clov

Tokyo Ghoul 1

I can't. I'm crying too much from the scene he eats the meat. AOTY already.

That and when he
bit into the hamburger and started crying
absolutely killed me.

Overall I thought it was good, but it seems like it could be full of unintentional humor.

Thoraxes

In a room with people lining up for the viz media panel. People packed together sitting cross legged like grade school. Guy arguing about Mazinger with another guy. Help.

Fake edit: Extollere's here? Uh oh.

dakkumauji too judging by his twitter.

Mecha

I want to clarify that I was lauging at that scene. I enjoyed the first episode, and Attack on Titan (own blu ray of part 1 awaiting second part) but this episode can be summarized with

FIReQdN.jpg

Am I a maaaaaaaaaaaaaan or am I a Ghouuuuuuul

It was sarcasm, I should have did the whole
/s
thing at the end.

Argevollen 1

God damn I predicted everything that would happen at every moment, holy shit. I was so excited for a mecha anime too sick of this damn hero-complex MC that obtain the ONE MECHA THAT CAN SAVE THEM ALL.

Argevollen 1

God damn I predicted everything that would happen at every moment, holy shit. I was so excited for a mecha anime too sick of this damn hero-complex MC that obtain the ONE MECHA THAT CAN SAVE THEM ALL.

Hey look you're a member now.

I really hope Aldnoah Zero is good because I don't see myself sticking to Argevellon for very long.

Sucks being a fan of mecha anime, wishing for more mecha anime, and then not liking any new ones that release.

Edit: I'm talking about myself if I didn't make that clear.

Fall Double Gundam can't come soon enough.

Mecha

Argevollen 1

Sucks being a fan of mecha anime, wishing for more mecha anime, and then not liking any new ones that release.

Mature

Viz Media Industry Panel

Shitty AX planning means they're starting as people are being moved in. Lady says theres a special guest... their CEO. Lol. Yaaaay.

We're the real special guest. Sure.

There's a guy dressed as one punch man and another guy with an american flag cape. "Anyone here a shonen jump subscriber?" SILENCE. The crowd is not here for print stuff. Ah, there it is, applause for Monster at least.

Jojos Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency manga coming in print :eek:. Pretty neat.

cajunator

Banned
Money isnt all that matters in life.

I make about 40k. Its not a lot but it works for a single person.

Do you have statistics to back that up? All I can find is a median of 40k salary. Which is fairly low.

it really is low.

1. changing your avatar for starters.

2. Claim anime is dead

3. Get quoted by jexhius frequently

I would never claim anime is dead. Its very much alive and well.

Acosta

HXH 135

Jesus...

:_(

Only HxH could have the balls to finish the arc like this. What do I do with these feelings?

Hey look you're a member now.

I really hope Aldnoah Zero is good because I don't see myself sticking to Argevellon for very long.

Fall Double Gundam can't come soon enough.
Tell me about it Build Fighters got my Gundam itch going again.

I'm still holding out hope for Aldnoah, otherwise we can share that basket.

Mokoi

Banned

Well it doesn't just apply to you. I been going through this cycle recently.

Thoraxes

No. I live in the most got' dang' patriotic state there is. Full of propane.

Weird. 40k is an easily livable wage (with more than half that money open for spending it luxury items) for a single person unless you live in a place with fucked up prices like California or Hawaii or have a kid.

Especially for an artisan.

Weird. 40k is an easily livable wage (with more than half that money open for spending it luxury items) for a single person unless you live in a place with fucked up prices like California or Hawaii or have a kid.

Especially for an artisan.

I don't want to live. I want to live. I want to see a potato chip. And be able to eat it.

Viz Media Industry Panel

There's a guy dressed as one punch man and another guy with an american flag cape. "Anyone here a shonen jump subscriber?" SILENCE. The crowd is not here for print stuff. Ah, there it is, applause for Monster at least.

Right Stuf has my copy of the Monster manga omnibus on reserve for the next partial shipping day, which I hope is next Monday. Hoping that the Monster anime is licensed rescued during AX.

StormKing

Glass Lip 1

This reminded me of a typical romance k drama. Should be full of heartbreak, suffering, drama and romance. Looking forward to the next episode.

Free S1 12 END

fN6eDtx.png

Sharkboy bares his teeth

Rin is completely broken after being kicked out of his school's medley relay. As a result he fails his own race and in an outrage says he will quit swimming forever. However, Rei has come up with a plan to prevent this. By sacrificing his spot in his own school relay, the four boys will be able to race together for the first time in years. It is now a mad dash to find where Rin is and get him to race with them.

lU2HteC.gif

Haruka finds him and we have a touching moment where they two of them acknowledge their wish to swim together as a team. I felt bad for Rei but I think he understood he needed to make that sacrifice to allow them all to become closer once again. Of course they were disqualified for this which is upsetting but understandable. Now on to season 2!

Series Impressions
I'll admit, I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into with the series. The fan following surrounding this show left me with the impression that it was just one big gay orgy. What I found was a decent sports anime with likable characters that have a passion for the sport. I don't swim myself and I don't know how true to reality this anime was for school swim teams but it was fun to see these four guys get together and go from zeroes to heroes by reforming the school swim team and making it to regionals.

rs9M49w.gif

Rin in the outro always cracks me up.

The drama was kind of silly at times and the whole "I'm not sure why I swim" felt kind of absurd but it wasn't overdone to make it unbearable. Haru's I only swim to feel water shtick was also very silly but thankful he got over that by the end of the series. Visually the show was fantastic. The water, while CG, didn't look out of place with the animation and made for visually pleasing scenes during the swimming sequences. The OP and ED were great visually and musically.

Overall I give the series 7/10

Clov

Right Stuf has my copy of the Monster manga omnibus on reserve for the next partial shipping day, which I hope is next Monday. Hoping that the Monster anime is licensed rescued during AX.

Who do you think would pick it up? Viz likely won't take it back. I would have said RightStuf, but none of the clues given really fit it, do they?

cajunator

Banned
No. I live in the most got' dang' patriotic state there is. Full of propane.

so Texas then.

Yeah definitely Louisiana.

cutest state ^^

I'd cut my own legs off without anesthesia to make 40k a year.

No perspective whatsoever.

Maybe not but Ive worked hard just to get to that much. Ive made do with far less for a long time. Also Id like to have my own house soon and thats going to be expensive.

cajunator

Banned
These Trigger lines at AX are the worst I've ever seen in terms of length.

Good fucking god. We SDCC nao.

the lines are what I dont like about big conventions. Mechacon New Orleans was a lot of fun but it was really really crowded. Huge lines took an hour to get through at times.

Man I can now safely say that I know for a fact I can't do more than one MK8 cup per day. I get too pissed when everybody decides to gang up on me

Im so used to coming in dead last I can play all night.

Who do you think would pick it up? Viz likely won't take it back. I would have said RightStuf, but none of the clues given really fit it, do they?

Right Stuf would be my first guess. Clues one and two might fit, but it's hard to tell. Discotek, NISA, and maybe even Anime Sols would be my other guesses. VIZ completely gave up after supposedly bad sales for the first volume, and I doubt FUNimation or Sentai would pick this up.

redhood56

Banned
This is my first time with anime gaf, the 2 anime I am looking forward is Zankyo no terror and aldnoah zero. I also need to finish Monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom