• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

croten

Monster Hunter update: I am enjoying the game a lot. After testing out a few weapons, I settled on a Long Sword. Wearing chainmail armour now. Saw the Lagiacrus during a sea hunting quest (it was scripted but still). Unlocked additional areas. Comfortable with controls. Itching to hunt a Great Jaggi now that I unlocked the quest.

Pretty much what I was at back then, I'm still trying out different weapons. I think I really like the dual swords

Beloved

tumblr_ngnsl8es8i1rlreldo1_500.jpg

"John Cena solemnly dancing alone in a suit to Gangnam Style."

Amazing. Just amazing.

only fighting game i currently have is smash, and im not diving into that until i atleast beat Xenoblade, which i cant play until the stuff i ordered gets here

croten

Because I don't want any help.

Might have picked the wrong game then, you kinda need help either from more advanced players or a Wiki. Either way Pro Jared's videos only really cover the first couple of hours of the game and give you some extremely useful knowledge

demidar

Might have picked the wrong game then, you kinda need help either from more advanced players or a Wiki. Either way Pro Jared's videos only really cover the first couple of hours of the game and give you some extremely useful knowledge

You worry too much, I'll be fine (I will still play multiplayer) but I want to learn everything myself.

croten

You worry too much, I'll be fine (I will still play multiplayer) but I want to learn everything myself.

I'm not worrying, I'm just saying that Monster hunter doesn't teach you everything that you need to know, the tutorial is the first 10-15 hours of the game. You want to watch his videos, there are only three of them.

Man choosing Functions in Transistor is hard
There's almost too much depth for the amount of game that's there, but I think that's like complaining there's too much food at the meal.
Monster Hunter update: I am enjoying the game a lot. After testing out a few weapons, I settled on a Long Sword. Wearing chainmail armour now. Saw the Lagiacrus during a sea hunting quest (it was scripted but still). Unlocked additional areas. Comfortable with controls. Itching to hunt a Great Jaggi now that I unlocked the quest.
Note that your leather set has awesome gathering skills, so use it for that. Go beat up the Great Jaggi.
Ehhhh he can do alright on his own. I had a rough 20 hours doing things myself but I did it. Using a Wiki is pretty damn important down the line though. Unless you wanna waste time exploring weapon trees on your own. There's an awesome program I downloaded that has all the game info and is basically a wiki.

ProJared videos just explain basic stuff though, like Affinity = Crit Rate. The game will never explain what Affinity means otherwise. No reason not to watch them.

-

Hammer and Greatsword or bust.

croten

There's almost too much depth for the amount of game that's there, but I think that's like complaining there's too much food at the meal.

Yeah, I actually didn't really like the combat until late into the game, but when I got there boy I loved it. I just finished it today and I want to go through it again, I heard that there is random encounters in NG+

Note that your leather set has awesome gathering skills, so use it for that. Go beat up the Great Jaggi.

Ehhhh he can do alright on his own. I had a rough 20 hours doing things myself but I did it. Using a Wiki is pretty damn important down the line though. Unless you wanna waste time exploring weapon trees on your own. There's an awesome program I downloaded that has all the game info and is basically a wiki.

ProJared videos just explain basic stuff though, like Affinity = Crit Rate. The game will never explain what Affinity means otherwise. No reason not to watch them.

-

Hammer and Greatsword or bust.
does 4 have dual greatswords?
i wanna go all Ganondorf on some fuckers

Yeah, I actually didn't really like the combat until late into the game, but when I got there boy I loved it. I just finished it today and I want to go through it again, I heard that there is random encounters in NG+
New Game + is at the very least, a good way to explore and understand the story on a second go! and to use all the functions you unlocked to their full potential.

I liked the combat from the get go, but I just love pausing otherwise realtime combat. I like VATS for that reason too,
does 4 have dual greatswords?
i wanna go all Ganondorf on some fuckers
Nah. The Monster Hunter Greatsword is heavy as shit, your character would have terrible back problems the way you use it.
Wouldn't that just be dual blades?
Really, really slow ones.

croten

New Game + is at the very least, a good way to explore and understand the story on a second go! and to use all the functions you unlocked to their full potential.

I liked the combat from the get go, but I just love pausing otherwise realtime combat. I like VATS for that reason too,

I actually found that I did better the less I used Turn()

I actually found that I did better the less I used Turn()
Oh yeah you can build yourself functions meant for action if you want. Abusing stuff like Mask() and Jaunt() (putting functions on Jaunt changes a lot about how you avoid damage and set up your next turn() and) getting combos was my favorite though.

croten

Oh yeah you can build yourself functions meant for action if you want. Abusing stuff like Mask() and Jaunt() (putting functions on Jaunt changes a lot about how you avoid damage and set up your next turn() and) getting combos was my favorite though.

Well when I use turn() I end up just running around for 3 or 4 seconds afterwards, sometimes it was just better to spam attacks rather than use turn().
Yah, but bigger.

I meant for Ganon. he doesn't exactly use greatswords.

Well when I use turn() I end up just running around for 3 or 4 seconds afterwards, sometimes it was just better to spam attacks rather than use turn().
Mask and Jaunt can be used while you're on cooldown, and if you time stuff right you can dodge for a awhile and then get in the perfect position for getting a back damage bonus.

Which is perfectly fine. Learn to hunt, farm and how to use weapons by yourself. I do recommend the wiki just to see what types of weapons, armor and skills you might want to use. It's VERY helpful. Multiplayer can come once you reach G rank in the storymode.

Top Bottom