• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

JoJo94

So is rule of rose actually good or not? Cause the story, from what I can gather anyway, is pretty interesting, but it looks borderline unplayable at times with that awful combat and that whole black void thing an episode or two back.

I personally agree with them that the first parts of it with very little combat is great. But the end parts are so slow and combat heavy that it just drags it down. I think the story is the best part of it though...even if I have to look up what's going on.

Jman014

I personally agree with them that the first parts of it with very little combat is great. But the end parts are so slow and combat heavy that it just drags it down. I think the story is the best part of it though...even if I have to look up what's going on.

Is there another ending you can get with that game? It seemed like they got a bad end.

Yeah. If the combat was completely taken out it'd be way way better.

Finally got PS Plus. Picked up the swapper and (even though I didn't like the first one) Infamous. Any of these games actually good?

Oh right. I also have cloud saving now between PS3 and PS4. Glad I won't lose any of my XRD stuff when I finally make the switch.

Finally got PS Plus. Picked up the swapper and (even though I didn't like the first one) Infamous. Any of these games actually good?
You got First Light, I'm assuming? I downloaded it as well, though I've yet to try it as I've been busy with Ghost Squad.

Loved the hell out of Second Son, though, and Fetch was a cool character.

Jman014

Oh right. I also have cloud saving now between PS3 and PS4. Glad I won't lose any of my XRD stuff when I finally make the switch.

I heard Second Son was alright.

So rule of rose just ends like that?

I don't fully understand. Was Jennifer the princess before she grew up? Who was pretending to be Joshua? Why is there a human dude as a stray dog?

You got First Light, I'm assuming? I downloaded it as well, though I've yet to try it as I've been busy with Ghost Squad.

Loved the hell out of Second Son, though, and Fetch was a cool character.

Yep, I've heard mixed things about it, but everyone says it looks good, and its probably only a couple hour experience which is good.

JoJo94

Is there another ending you can get with that game? It seemed like they got a bad end.

Yeah. If the combat was completely taken out it'd be way way better.

So rule of rose just ends like that?

I don't fully understand. Was Jennifer the princess before she grew up? Who was pretending to be Joshua? Why is there a human dude as a stray dog?

I think there are multiple endings to the game.

I agree no combat would have been better as long as they can replace it with something challenging that has a consequence.

Yep, that's what I've heard too.
It's a great game, though inFamous 2 is still better, it's still very impressive as far as launch window games go for a new console. Only thing I really wish Second Son had was letting you swap between all your different power sets on the fly rather than having to absorb a certain power source to access it. Some of them feel like they have somewhat specific use cases.

That, and the player movement and control is miles better than the shit in Assassins Creed or Mordor. I absolutely love the inFamous games.

Squishy3

hype levels uncontrollably rising for the second OP for Stardust Crusaders

kOvcwYW.jpg

Squishy3

JoJo starts this Friday right?

I'll never understand why most shows do this. It's a dumb trend.
It gives them another 2 minutes or whatever to set up the story. When you only have 24 minutes an episode because of commercial breaks you want to set up the first episode and get people interested and an OP in the first episode would hinder this slightly.

ultimax

It gives them another 2 minutes or whatever to set up the story. When you only have 24 minutes an episode because of commercial breaks you want to set up the first episode and get people interested and an OP in the first episode would hinder this slightly.
Hmm idk, that reasoning sounds pretty lame. The OP for a show is supposed to get you hyped for whatever is about to come. Just feels weird it wouldn't be there for the first episode

Hmm idk, that reasoning sounds pretty lame. The OP for a show is supposed to get you hyped for whatever is about to come. Just feels weird it wouldn't be there for the first episode

Remember that 2 minute scene at the end with DIO in the first episode of Stardust crusaders. Take that out, how do you feel now?

Zenfalcia

Nah, it's pretty normal if they need more time for story or set up. Remember stardust crusaders episode 1? No openning no nothing. Best case scenerio we get the op as the ED.

ultimax

Remember that 2 minute scene at the end with DIO in the first episode of Stardust crusaders. Take that out, how do you feel now?
Why not both?

I mean I guess it isn't fair to compare the two, but the first episode of fate/zero was an hour long just so they can set up everything

I didn't give Leo enough credit as a rush down character. He's fast, has huge swings, rough mixups, can get behind you in the middle of a combo AND spammable counters. Not to mention his supers are full screen.

This is definitely a DLC boss character.

Top Bottom