• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

sjay1994

Is Dio the Arkham Knight?

That game could use some more personality

Yeah it could

LTRlSI4.png

Kevin Conroy sounds like he is phoning it in.

Also, watching the game of thrones LP... because I do not care about game of thrones.

It also reminds me why I don't like fantasy in general.

MncPsycho

Neo Member
Tomorrow!? Fuck I need to finish Season 1 and 2 then
That's what I keep seeing. January 10th, but I'm not sure if cruncyroll is gonna simulcast or not. I hope so. I need some more nonsensical basketball shit.

I care...I just never talk about how much I love that show.

SHOUT IT TO THE HEAVENS! That show is oddly awesome. I started watching because Aaron posted a gif and told me its worth a watch.
And wasn't creepy anime bullshit

Squishy3

Everything could use more Dio.

But the Joker will probably end up being the Arkham Knight in the dumbest most bullshit twist midway through the game.

Fuck these games and fuck comic book writing.
I HAVE BEEN PREDICTING FOR THE PAST YEAR AND A HALF THAT BRUCE WAYNE IS THE ARKHAM KNIGHT AND I WILL GLOAT ABOUT IT AS HARD AS POSSIBLE IF TRUE

sjay1994

I'm expecting rocksteady to invalidate there own ending in city with the arkham knight being
joker

To be fair, WB montreal is the one who did the Joker thing.

Asylums writting is traditional comic fare.

City is a fucking mess. Like its fucking dreadful how bad that story is and how much wasted potential is there.

Origins story is actually pretty good, but then again.... WB montreal made a bad game.

To be fair, WB montreal is the one who did the Joker thing.

Asylums writting is traditional comic fare.

City is a fucking mess. Like its fucking dreadful how bad that story is and how much wasted potential is there.

Origins story is actually pretty good, but then again.... WB montreal made a bad game.

In my mind Arkham Origins doesn't exist.

I liked arkham city the most and I like it more than 95% of the games I have played and I will agree that anything that involved hugo strange writing wise was really terrible.

joe2187

Banned
GoT LP.

this will probably be the only LP I wont watch, not because I care about spoilers but I cannot for the life of me get the smallest bit interested in GoT.

sjay1994

GoT LP.

this will probably be the only LP I wont watch, not because I care about spoilers but I cannot for the life of me get the smallest bit interested in GoT.

Yup.

Tried watching it for a bit.

The videos content was so boring, that not even best pairing of Mat and Woolie could make it interesting.

Xiraiya

I'm a fan of the series but so far nothing too exciting was happening in the game, I do like how they're handling the player though.

I'm real picky about my medieval fantasy.

Was salty last night about dying and losing hours in Xenosaga 3 and Xrd's shit netcode that I forgot to do this, so

Xenosaga Episode 3: Through most of Chapter 7 Impressions (spoilers)

It's really good. Like really really good. It's amazing how well they managed to fix the pacing of the game. The game never bored you because right when things really start to slow down, BOOM MAJOR BOSS FIGHT. After watching a few cutscenes you're playing a random minigame and not even 10 minutes later you're fighting a hype ass boss fight against the black testament who HAS A FUCKING STAND and reminds me of the emperor from Star Wars. Just such a solid game, I can't help be impressed by everything the game does right over and over again.

In short for those who don't want to read spoilers, Xenosaga Episode 3 has the potential to be better than Xenogears. Something I'd thought I'd never say in my life. It really is just that good.

So I know there is a lot of JoJo hype in here, and the episode was awesome and all.

But there is something else happening in anime that must be talked about.

Isn't Kuroko's Basketball season 3 starting tomorrow?
I think Aaron is the only other one who cares.

I didn't finish season 2...

I have to do that now.

It could just be me.

I adamantly find fantasy in general mind numbingly boring.

Fantasy is probably my second favorite genre after cyberpunk/futuristic settings. If you won't give me robots and/or giant robots, gimme some cool awesome looking monsters and demons to fight.

Xiraiya

For Fantasy GoT isn't your typical generic elves and dwarves and shit. Other than dragons everything is original

GoT is the kind of fantasy I really want games set in
I imagine them playing exactly like Dark Souls, just with less of the crazy Japanese take on fantasy
I really, really like the Lord Of The Rings universe and really enjoy the style of how everything looked in the movies and games.
HOWEVER, even though I like the lore and the style, I cannot watch ANY those movies without falling asleep at some point, R.R. Martin should just be handed Tolkien's world and let him fuck it up.

I can confirm my attention span is really low
I was semi-kidding, but fair enough, I can understand it from that perspective.

I imagine them playing exactly like Dark Souls, just with less of the crazy Japanese take on fantasy

I really, really like the Lord Of The Rings universe and really enjoy the style of how everything looked in the movies and games.

HOWEVER, even though I like the lore and the style, I cannot watch ANY those movies without falling asleep at some point, R.R. Martin should just be handed Tolkien's world and let him fuck it up.

They're both equally dull and boring if you ask me.

Was salty last night about dying and losing hours in Xenosaga 3 and Xrd's shit netcode that I forgot to do this, so

Xenosaga Episode 3: Through most of Chapter 7 Impressions (spoilers)

It's really good. Like really really good. It's amazing how well they managed to fix the pacing of the game. The game never bored you because right when things really start to slow down, BOOM MAJOR BOSS FIGHT. After watching a few cutscenes you're playing a random minigame and not even 10 minutes later you're fighting a hype ass boss fight against the black testament who HAS A FUCKING STAND and reminds me of the emperor from Star Wars. Just such a solid game, I can't help be impressed by everything the game does right over and over again.

In short for those who don't want to read spoilers, Xenosaga Episode 3 has the potential to be better than Xenogears. Something I'd thought I'd never say in my life. It really is just that good.
I might have fucked up the spoiler because I completely forgot the sequence of events.
The minigame is GOAT. How many hours did you play it? I forgot that they force you to play it... I forgot how much of a bad ass Black is. Blue was the best imo just because of the emotions I was feeling along with the music.

croten

The perfect GoT game exists as a Crusader Kings 2 mod. GoT games should never be about combat but the politics instead

Okingjrr

The disappointing thing, is the animation of the OP is actually pretty hype but the music is garbage for the most part
The animation for all the OPs are amazing! The part where
they're all lined up and their stands come out had me squealing.
My biggest gripe with the song is that they had something good in the first seconds then it got muddy, like really muddy. Which is sad.

Yo.

ca9463dac1dcc2fd2afe9ab0410d55d9.gif

OUR GOOOOOOD

IS AN AWESOME GOD

HE REEEEEEEIGNS FROM HEAVEN ABOVE

WITH WISDOM POWER AND LOVE

OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD
Aw man, I love that video.

So I know there is a lot of JoJo hype in here, and the episode was awesome and all.

But there is something else happening in anime that must be talked about.

Isn't Kuroko's Basketball season 3 starting tomorrow?
I think Aaron is the only other one who cares.

uSdZJY8.gif

HYPE HYPE HYPE!

I've legitimately been losing sleep over the excitement for this.

sjay1994

I also was semi-kidding, but I have been more a sci fi guy.

Something aesthetically about fantasy really makes me not care about it.

I am slogging through Dragon Age Inquistion because people said it was pretty good, and I needed something to play.

I couldn't give less of a fuck about the lore of the world or the characters.

It really just is something with me.

damit
still no Wiiremote and Nunchucks in the mail
they have till next Friday till i say fuck it and play Xenoblade on an emulator
YOU FORCED MY HAND NINTENDO

Top Bottom