• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I didn't know that. That's good, it won't take as long for me to finish, then. I can't express how much something so terrible and completely a failure in everything it does makes me happy. I have to reiterate, this is the worst trash i've ever seen. The story and characters are nothing, and fanservice is so blatant, terrible, and gives absolutely no titillation that I just find it hilarious.

So I take it you enjoy bad animes

Shackzam

Member
One Piece is kind of wiggle with it's quality, it's more constant and no Arc is ever worse than Okay. And some arcs are just amazing.
But the thing is. Is that almost everything in one piece is important later, which is one of the reasons I love it. Oda has everything planned out and with this most recent ark he's doing a fantastic job. I hope he morphs on moving with this quality pace.

Ilvocare

Member
Ok guys, time to collect feedback. Was this ok or was this too strong?

[9:45:23 PM] Liam White(y): On 2/21/15, at 9:05 PM, Letter wrote:
> whitey what are you doing
>you're not watching jojo
[9:45:37 PM] Liam White(y): it's not a good show tho
[9:46:51 PM] Ilvocare: http://i.imgur.com/Q2SJgPY.gif
[9:47:18 PM] Letter: what episode are you on
[9:47:31 PM] Liam White(y): Starting 2
[9:47:41 PM] Ilvocare: http://i.imgur.com/uKXD1I8.gif
[9:47:44 PM] Liam White(y): Like right now
[9:47:47 PM] Liam White(y): This very second
[9:48:06 PM] Ilvocare: do you fuck your significant other with that prematurity?

Having a splitting headache sucks..night everyone.

aUrI8iI.jpg

semisonic

Banned
Ok guys, time to collect feedback. Was this ok or was this too strong?

[9:45:23 PM] Liam White(y): On 2/21/15, at 9:05 PM, Letter wrote:
> whitey what are you doing
>you're not watching jojo
[9:45:37 PM] Liam White(y): it's not a good show tho
[9:46:51 PM] Ilvocare: http://i.imgur.com/Q2SJgPY.gif
[9:47:18 PM] Letter: what episode are you on
[9:47:31 PM] Liam White(y): Starting 2
[9:47:41 PM] Ilvocare: http://i.imgur.com/uKXD1I8.gif
[9:47:44 PM] Liam White(y): Like right now
[9:47:47 PM] Liam White(y): This very second
[9:48:06 PM] Ilvocare: do you fuck your significant other with that prematurity?
I'm sorry, the fuck is this?

Squishy3

Member
If One Piece wasn't forever long, and had better art, I could see myself caring about the chapters.

Oh well.
The manga has good art, especially when Oda draws closeups or still scenes. Hell, even the early anime looks really clean and crisp compared to what it is now.

The Mamoru Hosoda movie, and Film Z are easily the best anything One Piece has ever looked, though.

360pages

Member
If One Piece wasn't forever long, and had better art, I could see myself caring about the chapters.

Oh well.

I actually like the art style...but I agree...One Piece is motherfucking long, and this is coming from the guy who watches series regardless of length most of the time. But the Hype moments are fucking amazing.

Ok guys, time to collect feedback. Was this ok or was this too strong?

[9:45:23 PM] Liam White(y): On 2/21/15, at 9:05 PM, Letter wrote:
> whitey what are you doing
>you're not watching jojo
[9:45:37 PM] Liam White(y): it's not a good show tho
[9:46:51 PM] Ilvocare: http://i.imgur.com/Q2SJgPY.gif
[9:47:18 PM] Letter: what episode are you on
[9:47:31 PM] Liam White(y): Starting 2
[9:47:41 PM] Ilvocare: http://i.imgur.com/uKXD1I8.gif
[9:47:44 PM] Liam White(y): Like right now
[9:47:47 PM] Liam White(y): This very second
[9:48:06 PM] Ilvocare: do you fuck your significant other with that prematurity?

Was expecting a conversation with a girl, not this moonspeak

The manga has good art, especially when Oda draws closeups or still scenes. Hell, even the early anime looks really clean and crisp compared to what it is now.

The Mamoru Hosoda movie, and Film Z are easily the best anything One Piece has ever looked, though.

Oda's anatomy and character design still pulls me out of the series. Also the tone is not for me.

Ok guys, time to collect feedback. Was this ok or was this too strong?

[9:45:23 PM] Liam White(y): On 2/21/15, at 9:05 PM, Letter wrote:
> whitey what are you doing
>you're not watching jojo
[9:45:37 PM] Liam White(y): it's not a good show tho
[9:46:51 PM] Ilvocare: http://i.imgur.com/Q2SJgPY.gif
[9:47:18 PM] Letter: what episode are you on
[9:47:31 PM] Liam White(y): Starting 2
[9:47:41 PM] Ilvocare: http://i.imgur.com/uKXD1I8.gif
[9:47:44 PM] Liam White(y): Like right now
[9:47:47 PM] Liam White(y): This very second
[9:48:06 PM] Ilvocare: do you fuck your significant other with that prematurity?

Showed a friend part 1 of jojos, he didn't like, at all, he praised the death of
zeppeli and Jonathan. I think he also celebrated when he thought speedwagon died at the beginning of part 2

semisonic

Banned
Yeah, I love them because they're bad. Seeing something be terrible and a complete failure makes me happy. Not to say I don't like good animes. I love Jojo, Space Dandy, etc., I just also like bad animes.

Have you everr heard of Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge?
Its... A thing. With really confused metaphors between hair care and sex, and general thematic and actual uncomfortability and mysteriousness.
It's awful, and really, really confused.

Shackzam

Member
If One Piece wasn't forever long, and had better art, I could see myself caring about the chapters.

Oh well.
Artsyle is what I love about one piece, but yeah it's fucking long. I had this one girl who like fairytale, but hated one piece and I told her that they were almost the same. Main reason she didn't want to give one piece a chance was the art style. One piece is just not part of the generic art style of anime.

Ok guys, time to collect feedback. Was this ok or was this too strong?

[9:45:23 PM] Liam White(y): On 2/21/15, at 9:05 PM, Letter wrote:
> whitey what are you doing
>you're not watching jojo
[9:45:37 PM] Liam White(y): it's not a good show tho
[9:46:51 PM] Ilvocare: http://i.imgur.com/Q2SJgPY.gif
[9:47:18 PM] Letter: what episode are you on
[9:47:31 PM] Liam White(y): Starting 2
[9:47:41 PM] Ilvocare: http://i.imgur.com/uKXD1I8.gif
[9:47:44 PM] Liam White(y): Like right now
[9:47:47 PM] Liam White(y): This very second
[9:48:06 PM] Ilvocare: do you fuck your significant other with that prematurity?

well you could have done that more eloquently. Either way him liking Jojo or not shouldn't really matter to either of you, maybe he just doesn't want Fabulousness in his life

Have you everr heard of Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge?
Its... A thing. With really confused metaphors between hair care and sex, and general thematic and actual uncomfortability and mysteriousness.
It's awful, and really, really confused.
That sounds like something right up my alley. I'll give it a look tomorrow.

Holy fuck, the Giant Bomb Mario Party 3 video is nearly 4 hours long? I guess I better get comfy

I'll chalk that up as "too strong" then. Damn, I was mildly proud of that zinger too.
I wouldn't say it was too strong, I've said plenty worse to my friend. By the way you were describing it it sounded like he was pissed off or something

Alright, I finished up Eiken. It didn't get better, and it's still the worst thing i've ever seen. It was a great experience. I need to see if I can find something worse than this. I'm sure there's something out there.

Ok guys, time to collect feedback. Was this ok or was this too strong?

[9:45:23 PM] Liam White(y): On 2/21/15, at 9:05 PM, Letter wrote:
> whitey what are you doing
>you're not watching jojo
[9:45:37 PM] Liam White(y): it's not a good show tho
[9:46:51 PM] Ilvocare: http://i.imgur.com/Q2SJgPY.gif
[9:47:18 PM] Letter: what episode are you on
[9:47:31 PM] Liam White(y): Starting 2
[9:47:41 PM] Ilvocare: http://i.imgur.com/uKXD1I8.gif
[9:47:44 PM] Liam White(y): Like right now
[9:47:47 PM] Liam White(y): This very second
[9:48:06 PM] Ilvocare: do you fuck your significant other with that prematurity?

That's a bit harsh IMHO. Maybe show him Battle Tendency eps? He might change his opinion.

Artsyle is what I love about one piece, but yeah it's fucking long. I had this one girl who like fairytale, but hated one piece and I told her that they were almost the same. Main reason she didn't want to give one piece a chance was the art style. One piece is just not part of the generic art style of anime.

I really don't too much for typical anime art styles either, but they are easier to forget about, I guess.

It's mainly just the anatomy that bothers me.

360pages

Member
One Piece has atrocious pacing both manga and anime. Hell the anime quality no better than Naruto.

It mostly depends. As a story that has a beginning middle and ending. It's awful, but from arc to arc it's pretty good at having at least something interesting always happening. There are no completely wasted chapters that happen quite often and Bleach and other series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom