• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's weird, I just checked and it's gone. I could have sworn I'd seen it on there about a month or so ago.

Yeah i just did some digging and it was on there and they just randomly took it off. Which sucks cause I would really like to play the damn thing bad ps now pricing or now

mike0dude

poor macho-kun

a56CAhs.png

Woof, I shouldn't have walked into that new order thread.

So much value vs content discussion/negativity that no one's even talking about the game anymore. Of course, this will all go away by next week when the game's out and no one gives a shit anymore.

Can't wait to see what ridiculous threads pop up before Bloodborne comes out. Probably a "is it too hard" or a "why souls games are a bad example of trial and error" (when they mostly aren't even trial and error anyway) kind of thread.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Jazz ain't bad. It has it's time and place.
I really prefer jazz hop though.

Edit: Also, don't be a judgmental shit. I get enough of that shit from my town.
Sorry, I'll be more mindful in the future. I love Jazz hop, if you like Nujabes (GOAT), you should try out Kondor and Dj Ezzascul. Also really good.

Do it, so I can add some more jazz music to my collection.

Taken from one of my posts in OT 10:
Oooh boy we name droppin' now? Alright, lets fuckin' GO. Pull out ALL the stops. (excluding video game and anime composers)
Massive Attack, John Coltraine, Thelonius Monk, Weather Report and Wayne Shorter, Kanye West (Excluding Watch the Throne), Koop, Vampire Weekend, Kondor, Nujabes, Dj Ezasscul, David Becker, Stereolab, Christopher Tin, Portishead,
Esbjorn Svensson Trio, The Bad Plus (reppin' minnesota), Roy Hargrove Quintet, The Flaming Lips, Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, 808 State, All That Jazz (wonderful Ghibli Jazz covers), Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Herbie Hancock, MF DOOM, Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers, Northern Darling, Pharaoh Sanders, Kendrick Lamar, Dizzy Wright, Yiruma, Kobayashi, Dave Brubeck Quartet, Charles Mingus, Paul Dietrich Quintet, Nat "King" Cole, Ryuichi Sakamoto.

Pretty much everyone.

I just got made fun of for my accent for the first time in years. Fuck that city slicker. I'm so upset, I'm gonna go drink beer and be illiterate at home. That'll show him.

joe2187

Banned

So much value vs content discussion/negativity that no one's even talking about the game anymore. Of course, this will all go away by next week when the game's out and no one gives a shit anymore.

Can't wait to see what ridiculous threads pop up before Bloodborne comes out. Probably a "is it too hard" or a "why souls games are a bad example of trial and error" (when they mostly aren't even trial and error anyway) kind of thread.

How come I no shield?

Where is shield? why I can no block?

I dont think the Bloodbourne threads will be that bad, at this point everybody knows what to expect from the series.

JOJO Part 7 stuff.
I'm really liking how theyre giving characters fleshed out back stories more then some of the other villians of other parts who got maybe a paragraph explaining their backstory.

Sorry, I'll be more mindful in the future. I love Jazz hop, if you like Nujabes (GOAT), you should try out Kondor and Dj Ezzascul. Also really good.
Just in case you didn't know, I was poking fun at you. And i do like nujabes. One a my favorite musicians ever actually.

Edit: Check out dj okawari if you don't listen to him already. I have a feeling you'd like him.

I just got made fun of for my accent for the first time in years. Fuck that city slicker. I'm so upset, I'm gonna go drink beer and be illiterate at home. That'll show him.

Don't let them city boys get you down go grill a steak and ride in a truck.
I have a bad southern accent at times

How come I no shield?

Where is shield? why I can no block?

I dont think the Bloodbourne threads will be that bad, at this point everybody knows what to expect from the series.

A good number of people were complaining about the Majora's Mask remake. A REMAKE. Because it changed a little bit to make it more convenient, then lies and rumors started spreading that made it sound like it wasn't even the same game anymore. Don't forget what forum you're on.

Don't let them city boys get you down go grill a steak and ride in a truck.
I have a bad southern accent at times
I have a semi-thick southern drawl. I have to suppress it constantly. It's just on words like 'priority' that it comes out super strong and hillbilly like.

Most of my extended family does, but my immediate family doesn't, so I avoided that.

My blue collar dad, living in a town that was around 30,000 and had lots of rural area, hunting since i was like four, and just texas in general has fucked up my speech patterns forever. I don't ever say Y'all tho

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
A good number of people were complaining about the Majora's Mask remake. A REMAKE. Because it changed a little bit to make it more convenient, then lies and rumors started spreading that made it sound like it wasn't even the same game anymore. Don't forget what forum you're on.

A remake is going to face tougher criticism for doing something new because it changes something intrinsic to the original experience. It's a very different situation from something like Bloodborne, which is a spiritual successor.

From fans also have experience with significant gameplay and design changes from Demon's -> Dark -> Dark 2.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

It's one of the best remakes I've ever played. It is way more convenient, only thing I've found annoying is me wanting to play it like the OG game, and then going somewhere that they've changed. I've only beaten the first temple, picked up 4 heart containers, and gotten 12 or so masks so far, but it's great. Plays really well and the nipple really helps with the camera.

Just in case you didn't know, I was poking fun at you. And i do like nujabes. One a my favorite musicians ever actually.

Edit: Check out dj okawari if you don't listen to him already. I have a feeling you'd like him.

Checked him out. Will be downloading his discography when I get back from work.

Thank you, sir.

mike0dude

can't wait till somebody makes a thread saying bloodborne is only 6 hours long.

joe2187

Banned

Taken from one of my posts in OT 10:
Oooh boy we name droppin' now? Alright, lets fuckin' GO. Pull out ALL the stops. (excluding video game and anime composers)
Massive Attack, John Coltraine, Thelonius Monk, Weather Report and Wayne Shorter, Kanye West (Excluding Watch the Throne), Koop, Vampire Weekend, Kondor, Nujabes, Dj Ezasscul, David Becker, Stereolab, Christopher Tin, Portishead,
Esbjorn Svensson Trio, The Bad Plus (reppin' minnesota), Roy Hargrove Quintet, The Flaming Lips, Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, 808 State, All That Jazz (wonderful Ghibli Jazz covers), Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Herbie Hancock, MF DOOM, Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers, Northern Darling, Pharaoh Sanders, Kendrick Lamar, Dizzy Wright, Yiruma, Kobayashi, Dave Brubeck Quartet, Charles Mingus, Paul Dietrich Quintet, Nat "King" Cole, Ryuichi Sakamoto.

Pretty much everyone.

Yer missing Chet Baker, Gato Barbieri, Sade, Atmosphere, erykah badu, Jill scott, Janelle Monae, Q-Tip, Aloe Blacc, John Legends, Rapheal Saadiq, The Foreign Exchange, Funkadelic, Stevie Wonder, Teddy Pendergrass, WAR, Sam Cooke, Bill Withers, Gypsy Kings, Fela Kuti, Warren G, Big K.R.I.T., Killer Mike, Curren$y, Kid Cudi, Blitz The Ambassador,Cunninglynguists, The Roots, El-P and Rhymefest.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yer missing Chet Baker, Gato Barbieri, Sade, Atmosphere, erykah badu, Jill scott, Janelle Monae, Q-Tip, Aloe Blacc, John Legends, Rapheal Saadiq, The Foreign Exchange, Funkadelic, Stevie Wonder, Teddy Pendergrass, WAR, Sam Cooke, Bill Withers, Gypsy Kings, Fela Kuti, Warren G, Big K.R.I.T., Killer Mike, Curren$y, Kid Cudi, Blitz The Ambassador,Cunninglynguists, The Roots, El-P and Rhymefest.

I hate Kid Cudi (his style and voice piss me off), but I'll look at the rest of em.

Yo, how bout Chance the Rapper? He's fucking great. Look at this and this. Two of his best songs.

A remake is going to face tougher criticism for doing something new because it changes something intrinsic to the original experience. It's a very different situation from something like Bloodborne, which is a spiritual successor.

From fans also have experience with significant gameplay and design changes from Demon's -> Dark -> Dark 2.

It just seems odd how we get into these super repetitive cycles with almost every big release of people latching onto something that barely qualifies as being controversal (or something that already has been discussed to death) and turning it into the biggest controversy on GAF. Then a week after the game comes out, no one cares anymore.

Bayonetta 2, a sequel to a game and a character we all know very well about, still got lots of threads discussing her sexuality, even though its probably already happened when Bayo 1 came out. A week after release for Bayo 2 though? "Eh the games out, who cares anymore about this other stuff."

It's one of the best remakes I've ever played. It is way more convenient, only thing I've found annoying is me wanting to play it like the OG game, and then going somewhere that they've changed. I've only beaten the first temple, picked up 4 heart containers, and gotten 12 or so masks so far, but it's great. Plays really well and the nipple really helps with the camera.

Its a fantastic remake and it looks gorgeous. Its by far the best version of the game.

can't wait till somebody makes a thread saying bloodborne is only 6 hours long.

Bloodborne isn't cinematic. Needs more cutscenes and a lower frame rate.

JOJO part 7
Man I really wish the main villain of part 7 was the actual president of the U.S. at that time and not Funny Valentine.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It just seems odd how we get into these super repetitive cycles with almost every big release of people latching onto something that barely qualifies as being controversal (or something that already has been discussed to death) and turning it into the biggest controversy on GAF. Then a week after the game comes out, no one cares anymore.

Bayonetta 2, a sequel to a game and a character we all know very well about, still got lots of threads discussing her sexuality, even though its probably already happened when Bayo 1 came out.

That's just people. It's not exclusive to GAF. People who already disliked something about the previous game will further reaffirm this with the release of the next game, or they hop on a hot topic like sexuality without fully exploring or understanding it within the context of the material.

Most discussion appears cyclical and redundant for people involved from the very beginning. Reopened discussion often brings in new names and new faces, but the same tired arguments. That's just the way it is. I anticipate some people getting up in arms about Bloodborne out of sheer ignorance, if nothing else. I don't really see if being any worse than the norm.

So I downloaded DOA:LR Core Fighters to hold me over and, while doing so, I was able to look at my add-on count for the game...

I didn't realize how much I'd actually bought...

Neol

Ugh a water pipe broke in my dorm's building causing an electrical outage so I might have to be relocated for the night if they can't fix it :/

Also shoutout to the jazz-hop I'm seeing here. Lots of good names up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom