• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

mike0dude

Kojima can get hired anywhere at what ever price he ask after his konami contract ends, but I doubt konami will ever find a half decent enough replacement.

beinfilms

So, we can all agree that Konami has basically signed its own death warrant by doing this, right? I mean, was Metal Gear not the main thing keeping them alive? And I like to think that Metal Gear fans are smart enough to recognize how much worse taking Kojima out of the picture will make the series.

Man, I just realized this means no modern remake of the original Metal Gears (that's 1 and Solid Snake, not MGS, of course) with all of the current lore.

So, we can all agree that Konami has basically signed its own death warrant by doing this, right? I mean, was Metal Gear not the main thing keeping them alive? And I like to think that Metal Gear fans are smart enough to recognize how much worse taking Kojima out of the picture will make the series.
Man, I just realized this means no modern remake of the original Metal Gears (that's 1 and Solid Snake, not MGS, of course) with all of the current lore.

We're going to get a reboot, though. Believe it

We're going to get a reboot, though. Believe it

CAfVY9OWQAADlpt.png:large

beinfilms

We're all going to buy it in an attempt to validate our dislike of Kojima's departure. A good chunk of us are going say "It's good, but not as good as it once was"

...yeah, I know. But I still like to tell myself I'll still be so outraged I'll act like it doesn't exist. (Even though I'll totally buy it, anyway.)

Anung

Un Rama

Death of the games division maybe but the company will be fine as a whole as gaming isn't even the biggest earner in their industry. Arcade machines and mobiles are. But to be honest outside of Kojipro their gaming division might as well not exist.

Xiraiya

The last actual Metal Gear game made without any real Kojima input was Portable Ops I believe, and he doesn't even regard it as really being canon.
The event it's based around is apparently canon and did happen, but not how it played out.

mike0dude

BOY I can't wait for next weeks podcast. After all the Konami and Kojima Fallout it should be a Lengthy one.
I can call it right now, konami shoots itself in the foot, decide that best decision is to cut off both their legs to insure company's video game division's future.
Then 30 minute of them talking about what kojima could go do and what they wish he would do.

croten

Dammit, not getting Armoured Core: For Answer until at least next week.

I could get Verdict Day by Monday however, is Verdict Day any better or worse than For Answer?

Urgh. My microSD card hasn't even dispatched yet. Which is fine, but if my N3DS isn't here till tomorrow then I guess I ain't using it until next week at the earliest...

Also from the 15 minutes I watched of the Front Mission 3 video, I really like it. I might just buy it on PSN.

Nordicus

Dammit, not getting Armoured Core: For Answer until at least next week.

I could get Verdict Day by Monday however, is Verdict Day any better or worse than For Answer?
I hear Verdict Day and Armoured Core V are the bad ones.

Should make it easy to remember

Shackzam

So I just found out that madhouse is doing the one punch man anime. That just means there not working on ippo ;_;
100458.jpg

I'm still hyped for one punch man

Top Bottom