• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Zenfalcia

You mean like right now?
It's currently Koala-tea texts posts.
Yeah we already have the thread for that.
Yes, we do.
Where have you been?

I was wondering what ever happened to the Frienders sing the Best Friends theme you were asking about months ago?
I passed out from staying up late doing an assignment.. I'll finish it today since I have a few recordings and the song is relatively short.

That's considered one of the worst ones? Because that game looks incredible.

Well, its my least favorite and from what I've seen online the long time FM fans generally like it the least, but for the people who had that as their first FM game(and given it was the first FM game in english, that is a lot of people) it is their fave. Honestly its not a bad game at all, it just kind of different by FM standards in a couple ways. I mean, I did both story lines all the way through(btw, i don't remember the second one being anywhere near as hard as pat is suggesting, but it has been... god lord a decade and a half since I played it?) so on its own its a great game... in a series of games that are even better(i beat FM1 like 3 times before it even got fully translated on the SNES).

Zenfalcia

Twitter is doomed
image.php

I thought Type-0 was a kind of hunting game?

Not even remotely. Like literally no resemblence to any of the hunting games other than having a mission structure.

People keep saying this and I keep getting more and more interested. Bloodborne comes out next week! I don't need to get another game!

There's no better description for it, especially considering its the same director from Crisis Core. Its a pretty fun game. If you think its worth the extra canadian dollars (as well as the 15 demo) then pick it up. Or you can just wait on it.

Well, its my least favorite and from what I've seen online the long time FM fans generally like it the least, but for the people who had that as their first FM game(and given it was the first FM game in english, that is a lot of people) it is their fave. Honestly its not a bad game at all, it just kind of different by FM standards in a couple ways. I mean, I did both story lines all the way through(btw, i don't remember the second one being anywhere near as hard as pat is suggesting, but it has been... god lord a decade and a half since I played it?) so on its own its a great game... in a series of games that are even better(i beat FM1 like 3 times before it even got fully translated on the SNES).

Wow. I definitely have to do some research and see which ones are generally seen as the best, but man if 3 is liked the least then that's got to be a really good series. Can't believe I haven't heard of it before today.

Kinda sounds a lot like my feelings regarding Armored Core 4 and For Answer compared to the rest of the series.

Not even remotely. Like literally no resemblence to any of the hunting games other than having a mission structure.
I kept hearing that from like everywhere. Weird.
Like seriously, everywhere.
Type-0’s plot is a little below standard for a mainline Final Fantasy, but more importantly, it is pretty good for a pick-up-and-play Monster Hunter style action-RPG.

Monster Hunter provides depth in its gameplay with different styles of weapons, different combat stances, and different character builds, and we find that approach perfectly mirrored within a Final Fantasy setting thanks to the fifteen members of Class Zero.

It was a quaint little 2011 experiment in Japan to see if Final Fantasy could thrive on a Monster Hunter formula

Final Fantasy Type-0? More like Type-Monster-Hunter

Like seriously here's a goddamn article written over similarites

Wow. I definitely have to do some research and see which ones are generally seen as the best, but man if 3 is liked the least then that's got to be a really good series. Can't believe I haven't heard of it before today.

There some deep lore in there too. All 5 games(and Alternative, a spin off, I think) take place in the same world, some of them even taking place at the same time. And FM5 actually takes place over pretty much the entire series and you get to see a lot of the characters from the other games(and can even recruit one... btw FM5 has you going out and recruiting people for your team, its pretty cool) and take part in battles they were also involved(for and against, although usually not directly). FM4 also introduces the awesome Link system(the whole ejecting and stealing mech thing from FM3 is lost though) which lets you set up characters to join in another character attack or counters attacks, so you can have like three guys just piling on an enemy unit all at once, all while preforming sick skill chains. God I love FM...

Rizzi

The combat feels weird, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be taking everyone in my party with me and swapping between them frequently, and the camera makes me feel dizzy.

Numb

Im bothered by the region shit, but yeah allowing me to use my PS3 stick is making me consider it.

The Kombat pass with Jason and Predator comes with the 89 dollar one as the cheapest.
I hope i can get the Vanilla version and buy the characters i want.
Forgot about the region shit too. Netherealm working real hard to make me not buy their game.

Numb

I find it extremely hilarious and stupid that everydude in the Final Fantasy XV crew is wearing all black. Looks like they are rebelling and trying to prove something or whatnot.

My local game store just called me.
"Hey man, we're getting a single copy of Phantom Pain's collectors edition. You want it?"
"Oh uh...sure!"
"Ok, cool, done. Talk to you later!"
"See ya."

Guess I'm getting that arm.
Pffft, is it a mom 'n pop, brickstore? I can't imagine a GameStop calling a customer for any reason.

I really wish people read threads in Gaming.
The PS TV lets you stream PS4 stuff right? How is that?
I dunno about PS TV, but remote play on the Vita is similar? It works I guess? The obviously streamed image quality bothers me on Vita, but I dunno if the PSTV is the same.

Nordicus

Watching the Front Mission 3 video, I had no idea there were 2 different campaigns. I picked "Don't Go With Him" aka "Alisa (sister) route", played for some dozen hours and just stopped at one point

Good to know that if I decide to restart from beginning, I'll have new stuff and (potentially) easier campaign to look forward to.

Rizzi

I kinda want to get one so I can play the PS4 in another room when the TV in the lounge room is being used. But only if the quality is decent.

So the god hand was summoned and the eclipse happened while I was asleep, I'm still alive.
Also Happy Bursday to the thread. 17 (15) more years till it be becomes legal.

Nordicus

Woolie asks about Eject function in Front Mission 3, and why anyone would leave their mech, and Pat forgets to mention one good function for it.

If you killed or scared off an enemy pilot without destroying their mech, you can capture and pilot it yourself immediately! Usually enemy mechs are really good so that's potentially like the best table-turner in a battle when one of your mechs is about to go down. Jump out of your broken piece of junk and grab one of the better ones available

Numb

Woolie asks about Eject function in Front Mission 3, and why anyone would leave their mech, and Pat forgets to mention one good function for it.

If you killed or scared off an enemy pilot without destroying their mech, you can capture and pilot it yourself immediately! Usually enemy mechs are really good so that's potentially like the best table-turner in a battle when one of your mechs is about to go down. Jump out of your broken piece of junk and grab one of the better ones available

I think he explains it at the end of the vid.

I really hope they fix the motion blur in Type-0 because every FF fan needs to play this game. Only in chapter 6 and it's just getting better and better.

I really hope they fix the motion blur in Type-0 because every FF fan needs to play this game. Only in chapter 6 and it's just getting better and better.

I wish console games in general would just let me turn it off. That shit always just disorients me and often times it just makes the game look like, well, a blurry mess whenever I turn around. Playing with it on in BF3 just made me nauseous, ARMA3 was even worse.

Hurray for configurable PC gaming!

Numb

Can we think of the Urope guys for the next one pls? Or at least tell me when it's happening.
Speaking of Urope, I saw the Eclipse! The physics teachers brought a telescope so the student could see it. It was great.
If only I had brought my behelit

In Europe and i watch these things at 3am.
Good to see someone cares .
Fraud never cares for us

Zenfalcia

I feel no shame for leading the shame car in OT1. That just proves how legit my fanboydom is for the Zaibuttsu.

I'm OG Friender. Respect that.

Seraphis Cain and Phanton and Mara are even older OG Frienders too.

Oh and AC For Answer is moderately difficult. I like this challenge.

Liam Cena's time is now.
You led the shame car? Truly shameless.

Yes, it is.

Now I want a Kantai Collection Tactical third person action shooter game. Wonder where it's gonna go in the next episode.
Also I think alfebit's avatar is in this ep

Top Bottom