• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

Having two couples in the thread at the same thing giving off happiness fumes may cause some people in here to go into a downward spiral of depression.

It could lead to disastrous results.

How did AoT blow up so much?

I mean, there is a live action movie for it now.

There are a lot of reasons. I'll go over my theories now.

1. It's dark. That's it. people, primarily teenagers, love dark and edgy shit. Especially if it's anime.

2. It disguises its tropes well, making casual viewers not realize it's mostly the same anime they've seen dozens of times.

3. The animation is high quality and it has an appealing art style, which means it brings in the yaoi fangirls as well as the teenage boys who want to see sonic spindashed against monster people.

4. It's just kinda good. For all the shit it gets, it has a strong start and extremely high moments of excitement and drama. The music, the art, the writing, it's all "Good."

Xiraiya

Oh man, just imagining that is giving me feels

I was thinking about it back during the LP. Look at how Yakuza 4 is formatted with 4 phases of playing different characters with their side stories that merge together.

Coupled with insanely weird side quests/minigames around the city, the gameplay being relatively amusing and brawler'ish, wouldn't that be perfect for how Gintama is set up?

I was thinking about it back during the LP. Look at how Yakuza 4 is formatted with 4 phases of playing different characters with their side stories that merge together.

Coupled with insanely weird side quests/minigames around the city, the gameplay being relatively amusing and brawler'ish, wouldn't that be perfect for how Gintama is set up?

just dont make Shinpachi playable or itll be boring
the entire anime cast would agree with me too
4 characters can be Gintoki,Kagura,Okita,Otae

5th reason for AoT being big in America that I forgot to say is that it stars teenagers not in a highschool. While Japan loves the highschool setting, American teenagers want to escape that. Just look at the popular fiction targeting that audience, everything is about getting taken to a world away from highschool.

Even the big animes are like that. Sword Art stars teens not in highschool. Full Metal Alchemist, teens not in highschool. Death Note. Teen primarily not in highschool. All of the big animes here share that common theme.

ultimax

Now im depressed this isnt an actual thing happening :(

Xiraiya

just dont make Shinpachi playable or itll be boring
the entire anime cast would agree with me too
4 characters can be Gintoki,Kagura,Okita,Otae
Well I don't think Shinpachi would be that bad but there are better characters.

Gintoki would just be like Kiryu and have way more skills/benefits than anyone else.

Kagura would basically be Saijima and be a brute strength tank with Sadaharu helping her out.

Okita I guess would be like the young cop guy, so having a part with him as a playable character would be good and probably more interesting than Hijikata.

The 4th person I don't know, maybe Otae but then again she might not be interesting enough to be Playable, because she's just OP in general, so it'd be like having a second Gin but with longer range, I feel like the 4th would have to be someone like Tsukuyo or Zenzo, maybe even Tatsuma since he's all about being passive and using business tactics.

ultimax

The 4th person I don't know, maybe Otae but then again she might not be interesting enough to be Playable, because she's just OP in general, so it'd be like having a second Gin but with longer range, I feel like the 4th would have to be someone like Tsukuyo or Zenzo, maybe even Tatsuma since he's all about being passive and using business tactics.

Katsura/Elizabeth dream team?

Man looking at the official artwork for Nemissa, it really seems like she was a prototype Demi-fiend in terms of design.
79406013dd1cb9cef2c1caf2506fc33b08822545.png
Tattoos for humanoid demonlike people are cool.

Alright, should I buy Megaman X5, Myst, or Breath of Fire IV? I just bought X4, and I only have 1 dollar left. I'm kinda leaning towards X5, because I can't find my copy of it or the X collection, and i'd like it on my Vita, but I would like to know more about the other two.

Oberon

Banned
Man looking at the official artwork for Nemissa, it really seems like she was a prototype Demi-fiend in terms of design.

Tattoos for humanoid demonlike people are cool.

She seems to foreshadowe
Hilter, looking at her belly
I know, I know, that symbol has another meaning but it was too perfect.

croten

If anyone ever wondered how the earlier mentioned team of crooks in Divinity Original Sin looked like, here they are.

I'm not going to do a story thing again, but all I can say is that we've done many things since last time. Hired prostitutes, talked ourselves out of executions, kept tripping on our asses as we traversed an ice area, killed a giant snowman, rescued a witch, talked to deer who talk of the feared hunter Liam senpai, crushed our enemies and seen them driven before us as we heard the lamentation of their women and Mara did lots and lots and lots and lots of stealing.

In fact, they say that the legendary thief can even teleport loot filled chests away from the area in front of the owners without even being seen and break even the strongest magical lock. Croten, on the other hand, has not yet lost an argument. Not only can she talk his way out of any situation, be that voyeurism or regular arguments, she can even convince the most hostile of foes to let us be....after which we kill them anyway. But that's not the point. Damn, that girl is a smooth talker.
That may be a typo but it still works considering.

You know, I'm gonna put getting 100% completion in Armored Core Silent Line on hold because after looking at the logistics for it would take way more effort and time than it did for me to do the same thing in AC3. And I already ruined part of my sleep schedule during that pursuit on a couple of occasions.

Though it reminds me just how packed that fucking game is and how it's the best one after Master of Arena on the PS1.

Alright, should I buy Megaman X5, Myst, or Breath of Fire IV? I just bought X4, and I only have 1 dollar left. I'm kinda leaning towards X5, because I can't find my copy of it or the X collection, and i'd like it on my Vita, but I would like to know more about the other two.

Do you like non linear puzzle games?

Then you'll like Myst.

But oh boy good luck going through that game without a spoiler free guide.

You know, I'm gonna put getting 100% completion in Armored Core Silent Line on hold because after looking at the logistics for it would take way more effort and time than it did for me to do the same thing in AC3. And I already ruined part of my sleep schedule during that pursuit on a couple of occasions.

Though it reminds me just how packed that fucking game is and how it's the best one after Master of Arena on the PS1.

Do you 100% every game you like? Because that is crazy.

I barely finish games. You should share your attention span with me.

Do you like non linear puzzle games?

Then you'll like Myst.

But oh boy good luck going through that game without a spoiler free guide.
Maybe. I haven't had that much experience with those types of games to be sure. I'm probably going to get X5. I have an urge to play it, and like I said, I can't find it or the X collection.

360pages

Oh, yeah, Sakura getting her own novel about her research and people approaching her. Also, her relationship with Sasuke is developed further.

Here's the cover

tumblr_nlj0mpvNCa1sr521do1_400.png

Numb

Oh, yeah, Sakura getting her own novel about her research and people approaching her. Also, her relationship with Sasuke is developed further.

Here's the cover

If this is by the author i hope he moves on soon.
Never touching anything Naruto again. Maybe the movie but not much after.
Night people.

Xiraiya

Here's the cover

Well I would approve if Kishi hadn't ruined what character development she had after the Pain fight and her relationship with Sasuke actually made any sort of believable sense.

But that's not what happened, so who cares.

Do you 100% every game you like? Because that is crazy.

I barely finish games. You should share your attention span with me.
I try my best to. Because if it's a game I own in my collection, there's no reason for it to stay on the shelf if I haven't touched absolutely everything that there is in it.

Though, it doesn't always end up happening. But I make the effort.

Well I would approve if Kishi hadn't ruined what character development she had after the Pain fight and her relationship with Sasuke actually made any sort of believable sense.

But that's not what happened, so who cares.

Yeah, after Sasuke tried to kill her, that should've been the absolute final nail in the Linkin Park coffin.

Top Bottom