• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

I'm just saying in response to the podcast. Fuck honorifics. They can fuck off. If Persona 5 has honorifics I'll be annoyed.
I want more Catherine dub, not weab school simulator.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, I can't make it through the Steel Battalion video. I started it like three hours ago and I'm only halfway through it. Meh, I'll just listen to the podcast since it's out.

DMC4SE looks like the most hottest shit.

FTFY
DistortedKnobbyAurochs.gif

Ilvocare

I'm just saying in response to the podcast. Fuck honorifics. They can fuck off. If Persona 5 has honorifics I'll be annoyed.
I want more Catherine dub, not weab school simulator.

You... are aware the only reason that worked for the Catherine dub is due to the people and setting being vague enough to not be in Japan, right?

Zenfalcia

Why is Husky and Meldey the sweetest thing ever? ;-;
I also read Densha otoko before I collapsed this morning, that was pretty cool

Who needs sleep when I have podcast and manga!
Because girl x girl is cute and pure.. :DDD

Densha otoko is great too, which one did you read, there's 2 versions.

You... are aware the only reason that worked for the Catherine dub is due to the people and setting being vague enough to not be in Japan, right?

I know. But you can translate/localise without using honorifics. Otherwise I will punch the first girl who says senpai 24/7
screw Rise.

Because girl x girl is cute and pure.. :DDD

Densha otoko is great too, which one did you read, there's 2 versions.
I had to get my teeth checked out, I though all the sweetness destroyed them.

There was 27 chapters?? To be honest, as soon as I looked it up I was bombarded by the anime, the tv show, the film??!?!

Jman014

Why is Husky and Meldey the sweetest thing ever? ;-;
I also read Densha otoko before I collapsed this morning, that was pretty cool

Who needs sleep when I have podcast and manga!

I swear when I saw you put Husky I thought you meant HuskyStarcraft and I gotta admit I got a little excited there.

It makes such great driving and working material, though! There's a reason I have every podcast since 59 still on my phone.
Or instead of doing an extremely long podcast they could play this for several hours.

demidar

Yeah, freaking out a bit over how good Liam's beard is. It's really good. I'm glad he stuck with it. He's a real mountainman killer of deers now.

I'll just assume you mean that in a good way because why would you mean the bad way.

Looks like hot shit = good

Looks like shit = bad

English language is fucked.

Zenfalcia

I had to get my teeth checked out, I though all the sweetness destroyed them.

There was 27 chapters?? To be honest, as soon as I looked it up I was bombarded by the anime, the tv show, the film??!?!
That kind of sweetness is the best! I have such a sweet tooth.. >_>

Yeah, it's a popular 2chan story that got a tv-show and tons of other media adaptations.

PBalfredo

Thinking about Steel Battalion still, is there any other game that does pre-flight boot up without getting into full blown DCS flight sim territory? SB's boot up is pretty simple and straight forward all things considered, but it has a visceral feel to it and their comments about it could make for interesting gameplay scenarios, like booting up while under fire, is definitely something that could be cool in a game.

Ants

I have a Windows phone
because I hate myself
and while I don't know how Cortana compares to Siri, I totally use Cortana to set alarms on my phone. I can just be like "wake me up at 6" and boom. I have to set alarms all the time because I don't work a consistent shift, so it actually increases ease-of-use a significant bit.

Skrams

I'm so shocked and happy she's playable. I always loved her gun from DMC3. THE FUCKING GUN.

Yooooo, I'm super hyped to play her.

Fucking Barry as hell magnum shot pushing her back 10 feet. I fucking can't handle the hype. I've wanted playable Lady forever and I've wanted her to just be an expanded Gunslinger style forever. My dreams are coming true. Also Kalina Ann harpooning all day erryday.

Jman014

I have a Windows phone
because I hate myself
and while I don't know how Cortana compares to Siri, I totally use Cortana to set alarms on my phone. I can just be like "wake me up at 6" and boom. I have to set alarms all the time because I don't work a consistent shift, so it actually increases ease-of-use a significant bit.

With having those things being your alarms...can you get them to say anything you want for an alarm?

Ants

With having those things being your alarms...can you get them to say anything you want for an alarm?

Nah, nothing like that. For Cortana, you more or less just hit the Cortana icon, issue a voice command (or type it in) and she responds to it. She doesn't exist outside of the Cortana Menu or whatever the term for it is.

I do think it would be pretty cool for them to have her wake you up. You couldn't program her to say whatever, though, because she's not a text-to-speech program, she's a voice actress they paid to do specific lines (so she sounds really natural because she's actually speaking sentences, not just individual words). Programming sentences in would sound stilted and bad in comparison.

Jman014

Nah, nothing like that. For Cortana, you more or less just hit the Cortana icon, issue a voice command (or type it in) and she responds to it. She doesn't exist outside of the Cortana Menu or whatever the term for it is.

I do think it would be pretty cool for them to have her wake you up. You couldn't program her to say whatever, though, because she's not a text-to-speech program, she's a voice actress they paid to do specific lines (so she sounds really natural because she's actually speaking sentences, not just individual words). Programming sentences in would sound stilted and bad in comparison.

Oh Jen Taylor. What a nice voice she has. I don't think I'll get a new phone anytime soon but that'd be cool to have Cortana wake me up. I hope one of her lines is her being a smartass.

I've heard hot shit used to describe things in good and bad ways. It's a little too close to hot garbage as well so I kind of associate it with that too. Hottest Shit usually means good 99% of the time though.

Pls, Lady is the real hotness.

ladycuhrayzee80poc.gif

I didnt even notice that, I was too busy orgasming over Vergil.

the only time I ever really fangasmed over a character being in a game was when Zack was confirmed to be in Birth By Sleep.

Ants

Oh Jen Taylor. What a nice voice she has. I don't think I'll get a new phone anytime soon but that'd be cool to have Cortana wake me up. I hope one of her lines is her being a smartass.

Honestly, I don't recommend a Windows phone. Cortana's not worth it. Android and iOS have Windows beat in terms of games, apps, and support. And there's a lot of shady shit with the Windows phone that has made it kind of a pain in the ass otherwise. It tries to force you to use proprietary Microsoft stuff all the time. I don't think there's a way to make Google your primary search engine, for example, and it seems to redirect links on search engines from Google Maps to Bing Maps. You need to use URL manipulation to get to that service. There's very little app support, which makes mobile browsing often a pain in the ass.

All in all, I actually really preferred my Android phone, but I'd probably get an iPhone if I had free choice (except my family's plan doesn't support iPhones and we're not changing that any time soon).

Alright, cleared the bridge and I opened the shortcut back to the lantern. I feel so relieved.

This game really is harder AND different from the Souls games...I LOVE IT!!

Zenfalcia

Thinking about Steel Battalion still, is there any other game that does pre-flight boot up without getting into full blown DCS flight sim territory? SB's boot up is pretty simple and straight forward all things considered, but it has a visceral feel to it and their comments about it could make for interesting gameplay scenarios, like booting up while under fire, is definitely something that could be cool in a game.
Possibly? But none I can think of right now.
Zenfalcia keeps criticizing my every move in the chat.
Git gud tho.
I don't think I can handle all the sweet tooth.

It is a realllllyyyy popular 2chan story...
you can never have too much sweetness.

Yes it is.

Ants

Liam says around 27 minutes into the podcast he watched something called "Scope Dogs", I think? Any idea what the hell that is?

Top Bottom