• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 16: You thought Woolie was the Liar, but it was me Patrick!

I got into an argument about how I don't want movie trailers as they spoil the film. And they were like "BUT THEY DON'T". I just... I couldn't be bothered. Like fuck off am I watching any Avengers 2 trailers.

Its a whole lot of "you are too harsh" or "you are supposed to turn your brain off an have fun".
I have better things to do than argue over a film trilogy on facebook

"You are too harsh". Over critiquing media?

The Hobbit doesn't add anything of interest to the world. You can take away the trilogy and the animated movie serves the book so much better.

You have some immature friends if they're devout on protecting The fucking Hobbit.

Numb

I got into an argument about how I don't want movie trailers as they spoil the film. And they were like "BUT THEY DON'T". I just... I couldn't be bothered. Like fuck off am I watching any Avengers 2 trailers.

The only times i watch trailers of anything is if its an old thing that i decided to watch much later on. Or sometimes not at all.

Movie trailers are the worst because that's all they do. Show off the movie to get people to come.

Only way to do a movie trailer is to either show off the early scenes, or create scenes that won't appear in the movie.

Movie trailers are the worst because that's all they do. Show off the movie to get people to come.

Only way to do a movie trailer is to either show off the early scenes, or create scenes that won't appear in the movie.

My favorite trailer was Scream. What a great bait and switch.

You can't do a movie like scream nowadays without some asshole ruining the twist.

Numb

Watching the new Bloodborne quicklook and even the guys recognize the berserk curse mark looking thing in the game.
At this point i think Miyazaki is satisfied with being inspired instead of making a berserk game straight up.
So i will drop my hype for a FROM berserk game for now till after he announces his next project.

Yeah. The entire point of the trailer is to go "hey look our film is cool, here is some cool things from our film, please come watch", which is basically spoiling the things I could've gone "woah that's cool" when I watched it.

Numb

Have you seen the trailer for face/off???

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiwA3C2qeRo

Lpvsnlk.gif

That was incredible.

croten

Early trailers are a bit less spoilery but most modern movies trailers seem to spoil most of the movie now.

Alfebit

Banned
So it's basically good fan service and bad gameplay?

In that case, I might pass.

It's passable but it can get boring if you try to play too much of it at once. Most of the missions have you fighting only trash mobs. SV does it better where there's always a boss fight at the end on top of the overall better gameplay.

So, Pat is the natural evolution of a humanity that travels economy on planes...?
11081022_1541344059246112_6936143625971479483_n.png

Pat doesn't have that much hair tho.

It's passable but it can get boring if you try to play too much of it at once. Most of the missions have you fighting only trash mobs. SV does it better where there's always a boss fight at the end on top of the overall better gameplay.

I'll check it out and maybe wait for a sale.

360pages

So, I found the complete series of the 1998 animated Godzilla series. Which is actually super hype for those interested. Might make an instasync for it.

Man this has been a weird day. First I spend a couple of hours fixing people's miscellaneous problems, then experience profound happiness over getting Bloodborne, then my family almost becomes a victim of fraud until I prevented that at the very last moment, then a buddy comes over to hang out and I try to play Revelaitons 2 with him and he doesn't particularly care (which is fine, of course), then I had to send him out early and abruptly as I got a call about my 84 year old Grandfather experiencing severe heart pains and I had to get him to a hospital and then the doc is in a hurry to get to his next patient and basically sends us home with some painkillers.

Well, that was an eventful day.

Sorry. I'm looking at flights for CEO in June myself. ~6 hour flights across the Atlantic in economy are no fun. :(

He was on his way to one of his first auditions, resulting in the "Starry Eyes" hair pulling self-punishments.

It's fine, I'll just do what I normally do in those situations, get the one row of seats with no one in them, take the window seat and stretch out.

Numb

Man this has been a weird day. First I spend a couple of hours fixing people's miscellaneous problems, then experience profound happiness over getting Bloodborne, then my family almost becomes a victim of fraud until I prevented that at the very last moment, then a buddy comes over to hang out and I try to play Revelaitons 2 with him and he doesn't particularly care (which is fine, of course), then I had to send him out early and abruptly as I got a call about my 84 year old Grandfather experiencing severe heart pains and I had to get him to a hospital and then the doc is in a hurry to get to his next patient and basically sends us home with some painkillers.

Type of shit that happens to people over a long period of time man.
Atleast you can play BB now.
hope your grandfather is safe

I've played a couple of hours of Bloodborne. Feels super good, but the camera in small areas can be awful.
Weird sounds like the word to describe that. At least nothing bad happened in the end, though.

You sound like you could use a stiff drink. Hope things are going well.

I've played a couple of hours of Bloodborne. Feels super good, but the camera in small areas can be awful.
Hope your grandpappy gonna be good.

sounds pretty busy. How is your grandpa doing now?

Alfebit

Banned

Hope everything goes fine with your Grandfather.

Top Bottom