• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we taking bets on whether "Konami Sucks" or "Igavania" completely take over today's podcast? My money's on them fusing into an unholy super topic only a Belmont can defeat.

My bet is on Igavania, since they have their name on the Kickstarter.

Yeah, but Igarashi having to take his gorgeous-looking game concept to Kickstarter is probably going to segue pretty cleanly into "he had to do this because Konami is the worst", at which point I think the Pat rant will overpower all conversation.

Also, they might have finally breached the Liam Barrier at this point, which means it could turn into a Double Tech.

Zenfalcia

Yeah, but Igarashi having to take his gorgeous-looking game concept to Kickstarter is probably going to segue pretty cleanly into "he had to do this because Konami is the worst", at which point I think the Pat rant will overpower all conversation.

Also, they might have finally breached the Liam Barrier at this point, which means it could turn into a Double Tech.
That's always a possibility.

I can't wait for the unexpected dark horse topic that becomes the topic coup d'etat.

Skrams

I never thought I'd hear anyone talk about Blade Kitten again in my life. I didn't expect it from a Sonic episode either.

Bloodborne Part 31- One more tick against them not getting the "true" ending. I did the same in my first playthrough so I'm not surprised. It's a bit lame that you have to hold off on that area to get the item needed. Also that enemy that was kneeling in that area fell through the ground so they missed out on a rune it looked like. Also glad Pat connected the dots about Cainhurst. I only wonder if they'll have trouble hitting the area that activates it. I know I did at least since it wasn't very obvious at all.

Alfredo

lol @ Woolie complaining about people in Splatoon not painting their base.

I did that for a little while, but eventually stopped. Do you know why? 'cause at least one other person on my team would have the same idea, and we would waste time trying to paint the same thing, because we couldn't communicate with each other. So I just stopped doing it and just assumed someone else would do it.

And people say that the game doesn't need chat...

Geg

lol @ Woolie complaining about people in Splatoon not painting their base.

I did that for a little while, but eventually stopped. Do you know why? 'cause at least one other person on my team would have the same idea, and we would waste time trying to paint the same thing, because we couldn't communicate with each other. So I just stopped doing it and just assumed someone else would do it.
The best thing to do is rush forward at the beginning, and if you die and respawn you can take care of any unpainted parts then.

And people say that the game doesn't need chat...
*Pat voice* It's fine

Randy42

All the FF14 talk over the last couple casts has made me really want to get back into it cause I still think its the best MMO to date. However it leaves me with a conundrum:
- Do I spend money and add a sub to my old account I havent played since launch
OR
- Not spent money and use the CD Key I have (if it still works cause its from launch) that I couldn't apply to that account due to shenanigans but didnt know this till like 2.5 weeks into play when I already had my level 50 and full darklight and start over completely (losing various outfit pieces you might not be able to get anymore and the progress on gathering/crafting would be the real downside to this)

What do the friendbros think?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
All the FF14 talk over the last couple casts has made me really want to get back into it cause I still think its the best MMO to date. However it leaves me with a conundrum:
- Do I spend money and add a sub to my old account I havent played since launch
OR
- Not spent money and use the CD Key I have (if it still works cause its from launch) that I couldn't apply to that account due to shenanigans but didnt know this till like 2.5 weeks into play when I already had my level 50 and full darklight and start over completely (losing various outfit pieces you might not be able to get anymore and the progress on gathering/crafting would be the real downside to this)

What do the friendbros think?
Friendbros say no. As a friender, I say yes.

Randy42

It's always fine, even when it's not.

Just like teammates! According to Pat.

Yeah dungeoning with pubbies can suck if you dont know what youre getting into. tbh I don't see pat lasting the raid life. But I'm like halfway through the door of getting back into FF14 just dont know which route to take

From the reddit
tzBMdx3.jpg

man Bloodstained is killing it in funding
also glad its a female character
the videogame industry needs more badass female characters
I shill FF14 to you guys and no one cares. Pat does it and everyone flocks.

-.-
i pledged to quit MMOs after i quit DFO
not even Pat can bring me back to that circle of hell

Randy42

-.-

There were some serious shenanigans related to me buying the game then not being able to use the cd key back at the ARR launch that I've been super salty over all this time.

Long story short since I finally found what server that character was on and realized it wasnt either of the two I'd use now I decided to register the key to a different / new square account and start over from scratch to relearn the game anwyay... also that email is basically a super old one (back from the FF11 days) that I no longer use for anything else anymore lmao. It's downloading now. Debating if I should roll on Ultros for 2bf FC even tho it will prob die in a month or go for Hyperion where another community I'm part of plays and will prob remain active longer.

Edit: Really I've just been playing TERA the last few days after it went on steam after also not having played that either since 2013, and it made me remember how much better a game FF14 was and I needed to scratch that itch.

Pat only fought The Pursuer once in Lost Bastille?
He appears like four fucking times if you fully explore that area, it actually gets pretty fucking old really fucking fast.

Skrams

-.-
It's one guy resubbing and you know why people do this already.
new LP is confirmed to be Aria of Sorrow
yay

Neat. I'm still not sure how well a Metroidvania is for an LP, but the LP won't be that long probably so I don't have much problem with it.

Also have no idea what secret Roller tech Liam is talking about on the podcast because there's a fucking lot. Shield, stay away from them, run backwards, or my favorite, shooting them in the face until they die.

They also might address it in the podcast later, but doesn't Life is Strange Ep 3 hit today? I wonder when they'll try to get the episodes up by. I forget where I heard this, but it is probably wrong now that I'm looking it up.

They also might address it in the podcast later, but doesn't Life is Strange Ep 3 hit today? I wonder when they'll try to get the episodes up by. I forget where I heard this, but it is probably wrong now that I'm looking it up.
12th-19th was the estimate I read back when. (Then there'd be some delay in recording and uploading too obviously)

Also I'm not far into the podcast, but is roller tech talking about Bloodborne? Rolling into enemies is super good.

Skrams

12th-19th was the estimate I read back when. (Then there'd be some delay in recording and uploading too obviously)

Also I'm not far into the podcast, but is roller tech talking about Bloodborne? Rolling into enemies is super good.

Yeah, just wondered if they would try to have a quick turnaround since it's an episodic release. Trying to mitigate the people asking when the episode will go up and all that.

Also referring to Splatoon. He said there's secret tech that he didn't want to say. There's so many ways to deal with enemy Rollers that I just don't know what he could even be referring to.

Edit- Since I don't think the preview video was ever posted.

Also still need to play Broken Age Act 2, but right now it just sounds like Woolie hates puzzles. I heard the same complaints of needing to switch characters to solve puzzles unlike the first half, but I don't know if needing a guide is really required for this. Switching often seems like it would be good enough.

Oh wow, not only did Konami finally break the Liam Barrier, but they broke it so hard that he requested a return to "Fuck Konami" once the topic had already passed into Igavania. I knew this combo topic would eat like a solid hour once it Gurren'd.

NeoGiff

Ok, I'm taking bets for today's Bloodborne that they'll completely miss the Rom fight and fuck around elsewhere under the guidance of Pat's wrong assumptions. Any takers?

Numb

Ok, I'm taking bets for today's Bloodborne that they'll completely miss the Rom fight and fuck around elsewhere under the guidance of Pat's wrong assumptions. Any takers?

You are taking bets on things that are baically set in stone. I will take this bet and say they will fight him when they reach there.
Betting against the laws of the universe seems like a bad idea but i'll take it.

NeoGiff

You are taking bets on things that are baically set in stone. I will take this bet and say they will fight him when they reach there.
Betting against the laws of the universe seems like a bad idea but i'll take it.

Your loss, Mokujin.

I'm steeling myself hours in advance for the moment when they step up to the edge and declare that the area was pointless. That it, if they manage to even beat the hunter upstairs first...

I figure they have a brief argument over whether or not to take the plunge. The real bet, though, is how many deaths does the Hunter inside Byrgenwerth feed them before they even reach that part? Given how much trouble they're having getting staggers, I'm not sure I like their chances without cheesing it; then again, spin-to-win is pretty strong cheese.

Skrams

Your loss, Mokujin.

I'm steeling myself hours in advance for the moment when they step up to the edge and declare that the area was pointless. That it, if they manage to even beat the hunter upstairs first...

They'll kill the hunter first try and after a few seconds oh fuck should we, they jump. This will all happen within the first 15 minutes considering the hunter, exploring the upper section, and staring at that decaying husk in his chair.

Also good to hear in the podcast that Liam will make the Aria of Sorrow LP even more enjoyable with him cracking the game wide open.

Numb

Your loss, Mokujin.

I will go against my instincts and believe in them. I have a feeling Pat will do it. Woolie would be way too careful and safe to risk anything.

NeoGiff

There's no possible way Woolie could beat Rom anyway. Lingering back in that fight will only get him killed either by the adds or Rom's magic spamming. Pat will get stuck in and eventually beat her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom