• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anung

Un Rama
There's no possible way Woolie could beat Rom anyway. Lingering back in that fight will only get him killed either by the adds or Rom's magic spamming. Pat will get stuck in and eventually beat her.

Totally. Either Rom will force Woolie to change his play-style or Pat'll beat it.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
CEzbJh1W8AE--2E.jpg

If only we supported this guy more.

SWERY needs to become the Andrew Ryan of the games industry

I ask you: is a high school girl not entitled to the supernatural powers of her masturbation? "No", says the man in Washington, "it belongs in adult films." "No", says the man in the Vatican, "women are incapable of masturbation, what are you even talking about?" "No", says the man in Moscow, "we can't handle another Pussy Riot."

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something different. I chose... SWERY.

Numb

Forget about Rom and let's just fight and lose all our blood vials to the NPC from the end of the last vid. And instead of going and farming some vials let's go to a whole new zone. And let's get pulled into yet another zone without vials still. And how about we
face our first invader
with NO VIALS!.
I love this LP man. So crazy.

My prediction is still on track, they just went to do Lecture Building first.

Rom tomorrow, believe!!!

*Watch as they give up and do Cainhurst instead*

EDIT:

Boy did I get super anal when Pat forgot to light the lamp that's right in front of them again, good thing that didn't last long. Didn't expect their first PvP to be with
Alucard
lol.

MrHoot

Well that went different than expected, and so much better too

I love Patches voice when you get sent to Nightmare Frontier too

Gestahl

Pat running away from a hunter with a fifth of their hp left while he had 4 vials is almost as embarrassing as Woolie's regular gameplay

Skrams

Bloodborne Part 32- I don't even understand what Pat's problem was this episode. He was acting like a bigger baby than the usual. People think he played farther ahead than he's willing to admit as if he didn't want to face the boss right away, but I just don't know. Some of his reactions seem genuine these past few episodes to a few events or certain moves. They also left behind 10k souls for some reason at Bergy then left 14k at NF. Also all them no vials. What a mishmash of choices that make no sense.

Liam also responded to my post on the reddit about the Roller tech.

It's a devastating weakness that I'm sure will be common knowledge in week two. That said, it seems very, very few people are talking about it right now.
EDIT: also none of the stuff you said ;D

Can't really think of any secret devastating weaknesses I didn't list earlier. I didn't name jumping over them, but that's not that useful either since you get glopped in their ink and they could easily turn around.

Pat running away from a hunter with a fifth of their hp left while he had 4 vials is almost as embarrassing as Woolie's regular gameplay

I know people like to joke about Snailborne and all that, but honestly, that was the worse thing I can think of so far. Actually running away from a fight that he could of won was crazy. Woolie at least finishes killing things even if he sometimes eats some shit. That was more embarassing for Pat than any of Woolie's gameplay so far.

I seriously doubt it was because he played ahead. If he knew Rom was waiting one way and the Nightmare Frontier was waiting the other, I think he'd be smart enough to try his hand at Rom.
The Winter Lanterns in Nightmare Frontier may as well be a guaranteed controller hand-off considering they in no way, shape, or form have the capability to actually beat them without getting Frenzied, and don't seem to know about Sedatives at this point in the playthrough.

What exactly is wrong with Woolie's gameplay? It looks to me like he's playing at a normal pace but everyone seems to be saying he's playing slow. Pat just seems to be rushing a bit, but he's not even going that much faster.

Is Woolie becoming Kenny for the fandom?

What exactly is wrong with Woolie's gameplay? It looks to me like he's playing at a normal pace but everyone seems to be saying he's playing slow. Pat just seems to be rushing a bit, but he's not even going that much faster.

It's a combination of very timid exploration (mostly because he's used to DS2's completely garbage level design of TRAP->AMBUSH->TRAP+AMBUSH->TRAP->AMBUSH->MIMIC->AMBUSH) that isn't really necessary for Bloodborne, and his extremely passive fighting style. He's used to walking up to enemies with his shield raised and only trying to hurt them when they've obviously left a huge opening (again, blame DS2), when in Bloodborne 99 times out of 100 you honestly just want to go HAM-bone and fuck things up so fast they never get to show you their moves.

Like, I don't blame him. I replayed Dark Souls 2 with the SotFS release and can honestly say I had forgotten (mostly due to a lot of DaS1/DeS in between) how much the design of it encourages you to be plodding and methodical. It's just a really poor way to play Bloodborne, to the extent that many of the bosses and areas actively punish that style of play.

For a contrast, check out... well, almost anyone else, really. ENB, Vaati, even the Game Grumps. Egoraptor isn't exactly a Souls master, but just based on the fact he was never "trained" into passivity by DS2 he actually has a much better time with Bloodborne than Woolie.

Skrams

No, just Brad Shoemaker.

That's actually a pretty alright comparison. I get more frustrated at Brad than Woolie usually, but it's close enough.

Also another update on cool Roller tech from Liam.

Nope! It's a really neat trick, and I'm sure everyone will gasp when they realize it. It's a programmed functionality, not a trick!

Fucking, I want to know, but I don't want to know. Fuck.

Anung

Un Rama

He walks pretty much everywhere for most videos. Like walk walk walk, spin camera, walk walk walk. It wouldn't be so bad if he at least held the stick down and walked at the fastest walk speed. Its just not fun to watch. He is also very cowardly in fights. Bloodborne is about aggression, pushing forward, keeping enemies staggered and backing off when they retaliate. Woolie almost constantly stays out of range, misses his R2's because he wasn't close enough and gets punished for it. The fight against the brain-sucker thing last episode was pretty hard to watch (you could even tell Pat was shocked)

Like Imperfected said though it is basically DS2's fault. Hopefully Rom will force him to change his playstyle.

Not to shit talk though. The last few episodes of this have been a massive improvement :D Really good stuff.

aly

It takes Woolie 30 minutes to do what could be done in 10 minutes. He moves so slow. It's like the run button doesn't exist.

He walks pretty much everywhere for most videos. Like walk walk walk, spin camera, walk walk walk. It wouldn't be so bad if he at least held the stick down and walked at the fastest walk speed. Its just not fun to watch. He is also very cowardly in fights. Bloodborne is about aggression, pushing forward, keeping enemies staggered and backing off when they retaliate. Woolie almost constantly stays out of range, misses his R2's because he wasn't close enough and gets punished for it. The fight against the brain-sucker thing last episode was pretty hard to watch (you could even tell Pat was shocked)

Like Imperfected said though it is basically DS2's fault. Hopefully Rom will force him to change his playstyle.

Not to shit talk though. The last few episodes of this have been a massive improvement :D Really good stuff.

Besides the range bit, his behavior doesn't look wrong to me and I haven't played any Souls games. Heck, sometimes I think Woolie's going to fast because he hasn't looked in every direction with the torch and hasn't destroyed every single pot/breakable.

Just seems weird how much hate be gets. Maybe I should stop reading YouTube comments.

Xux

I don't play too different; I walk most of the time in areas I haven't been in and I'm not too used to the parry system so I guess I "play it like a Souls game" with footsies and baiting attacks since they play near identically. It probably wouldn't be too fun to watch, though. Cautiousness, mistakes, and not playing the best are fine but I just wish he'd always be doing something. I'd say an LP should be like radio where they avoid silence so people don't skip the station; either always do something or edit the nothing stuff.

Shoot, the cautiousness is pretty pointless when they leave relatively easy to get Echo pools lying around.

Neol

Liam with that Castlevania knowledge and skill.

Watching this and Sonic makes me appreciate Liam when he's on the controls as he is generally the better gamer out of the whole group.

Liam with that Castlevania knowledge and skill.

Watching this and Sonic makes me appreciate Liam when he's on the controls as he is generally the better gamer out of the whole group.

It's because he is young. And is quick and nibble
because vents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom