• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing the Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden references made me wish that one of the games in that series was pretty close to this one, just with all the ridiculous stuff of that series. Chaos Dunking on Michael Jordan would be the hypest shit.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I mean, at this point Woolie's finding games apparently from Japanese cereal boxes in the early PS1 era, so he's got to be running out of candidates. I'm guessing One Must Fall still has priority, though.

I don't think Woolie knew what he was talking about there. That game they played on FNF was from the Simple series (Simple 1500, Simple 2000, etc), which was simply a line of budget-priced games released by D3Publisher, mostly notable for spawning Oneechanbara and Earth Defense Force.

EDIT: WHAT THE FUCK SOMEONE ON THE REDDIT MADE ALMOST THIS EXACT POST LIKE FOUR HOURS AGO. I AM LEGIT UNNERVED.

demidar

I don't think Woolie knew what he was talking about there. That game they played on FNF was from the Simple series (Simple 1500, Simple 2000, etc), which was simply a line of budget-priced games released by D3Publisher, mostly notable for spawning Oneechanbara and Earth Defense Force.

EDIT: WHAT THE FUCK SOMEONE ON THE REDDIT MADE ALMOST THIS EXACT POST LIKE FOUR HOURS AGO. I AM LEGIT UNNERVED.

First case of someone stealing content from Reddit and not the other way around. :p

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
First case of someone stealing content from Reddit and not the other way around. :p

It mostly weirded me out that we both used the phrase "spawned EDF and Oneechanbara".

Also, the Simple series has this, which I want to show up on Scrublords SO BAD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHGM0QtiVKo

It's a Simple series crossover fighter with characters from a bunch of games in the series, including EDF and Oneechanbara. God, it'd be PERFECT for Scrublords.

Skrams

Well, that's a weird FNF, but alright.

Bloodborne Part 40- A pretty nothing episode, but whatever. At least they found the thing with Alfred. Hopefully they'll find out what happens next episode or so. Thinking about it, there's not a ton of areas left to do in the game. I wonder if they'll wrap up the rest before the end of June or not.

Next week.

;_;

I now associate Ultimax as being a bleh game in my mind because of this.

365 days until my gaming skills start deteriorating and I slowly become shit at them.

I turned 24 today.

tumblr_nn7s6jC5Ww1roq9zlo1_400.gif

Xux

Aw, I think Tomorrowland looks okay. Even though the trailers do a good job of not saying what the plot is.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It mostly weirded me out that we both used the phrase "spawned EDF and Oneechanbara".

Also, the Simple series has this, which I want to show up on Scrublords SO BAD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHGM0QtiVKo

It's a Simple series crossover fighter with characters from a bunch of games in the series, including EDF and Oneechanbara. God, it'd be PERFECT for Scrublords.

Quoting myself here because I brought this game up on the Reddit and Liam said they totally have a copy.

Yesssssssssssss.

Ah yes, this Mystery Box. I've been waiting for this.
Didn't realise this Rambo game never came out in NA. Maybe because I live in EU...

Skrams

Have no idea what Matt is talking about. It came out in America on PS3. Should of just played the PC version when the season was running, but I guess there was no time.

Liam has been really making a good case for me to check out some Castlevania games with this AoS LP. So far it had been Pat that was the only Best Friend to convince me to check out a game series I had no prior interest in (Yakuza), and Liam might just be the second.

Zach just straight up sabotaged Liam's under 5 minute boss rush attempt. Poor senpai.

This upstart Liam has been seen walking with Matt in the betrayal gardens. Zach is not yet ready to be replaced on his throne, as Liam will miserably come to realize.

Edit: You should super check out the DS Castlevania games Arc, sure. Dumb touchpad gimmicks and such aside, they're still super good and very much in the Symphony of the Night style. Totally worth it.

Yeah Liam has been hyping me up to play more Castlevania games. For some reason, I started SotN, but never finished it.

I'm on the "Zach did nothing wrong" side. He's just knocked down Liam's audio.

Because cats secretly look down on their human masters no matter how adorable they appear, I for one would believe Zach would sabotage Liam's run.

Matt belongs to Zach and Zach alone.

Liam has been really making a good case for me to check out some Castlevania games with this AoS LP. So far it had been Pat that was the only Best Friend to convince me to check out a game series I had no prior interest in (Yakuza), and Liam might just be the second.

You've never played a Castlevania game?

The series begins at Super Castlevania 4. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Also, try out Rondo of Blood.

Alucard and Symphony of the Night is really, really good also.

I'm also really growing fond of Order of Ecclesia after seeing the full list of Igavanias.

#TeamWhip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom