• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrams

The series begins at Super Castlevania 4. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

It starts at Castlevania 1. I'd say the same of most series. There's no reason to recommend starting at 4 and not 1 when they're practically the same kind of game except one of them is just easier.

Another 10 episodes of Bloodborne, another great infographic.

o5w3av4.png

I could go for another LP of Liam destroying a Igavania. Maybe one of the DS games? Portrait of Ruin or Order of Ecclesia would be good candidates. Dawn of Sorrow would just be a slightly inferior retread on Aria.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I wonder what the early video tomorrow (well, today) is gonna be. Life is Strange is the 9PM video, so what's the 3PM video? I don't think there are any LPs besides Bloodborne going. Which feels weird...we're actually down to just one active LP (until Life is Strange starts back up in a little over 12 hours).

Skrams

I'd be surprised if Woolie actually legitimately still thinks Castlevania starts at SOTN. I always assumed it was just a thing he thought ignorantly before, but if he actually still sticks to that mantra then jeez.
Liam has been really making a good case for me to check out some Castlevania games with this AoS LP. So far it had been Pat that was the only Best Friend to convince me to check out a game series I had no prior interest in (Yakuza), and Liam might just be the second.
Either you have very wide tastes and just overlooked Castlevania somehow or very narrow tastes. Hopefully it's the first one and you actually don't ignore that many good series somehow.
I could go for another LP of Liam destroying a Igavania. Maybe one of the DS games? Portrait of Ruin or Order of Ecclesia would be good candidates. Dawn of Sorrow would just be a slightly inferior retread on Aria.
I'm not knowledgeable about it at all, but is the emulation scene for DS games good enough to allow an LP of one without it shitting itself? There's not really any other good way I can think of where they can get video of DS games at the moment.
I wonder what the early video tomorrow (well, today) is gonna be. Life is Strange is the 9PM video, so what's the 3PM video? I don't think there are any LPs besides Bloodborne going. Which feels weird...we're actually down to just one active LP (until Life is Strange starts back up in a little over 12 hours).
I expect another one off kind of with a new LP starting on Monday. That's just a guess though since they usually love to say "And our new LP for thing started today, I mean yesterday."

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm not knowledgeable about it at all, but is the emulation scene for DS games good enough to allow an LP of one without it shitting itself? There's not really any other good way I can think of where they can get video of DS games at the moment.

Yeah, DS emulation is really far along. They could play an Igavania pretty easily if they wanted to. Liam even implied as much in the first part of Aria.

II'm not knowledgeable about it at all, but is the emulation scene for DS games good enough to allow an LP of one without it shitting itself? There's not really any other good way I can think of where they can get video of DS games at the moment.

I never thought of that. They don't have capture cards on their handhelds which is the reason why they played Aria of Sorrow on the Wii U. I guess we'll have to hold out on Konami putting the DS games on the Wii U but that depends if the new mobile focused Konami are willing to do even that.

Yeah, DS emulation is really far along. They could play an Igavania pretty easily if they wanted to.

Or they can do that. Emulation is never off the table.

Skrams

Yeah, DS emulation is really far along. They could play an Igavania pretty easily if they wanted to. Liam even implied as much in the first part of Aria.

I sort of figured, but wasn't completely sure. My knowledge extends to an older thread about upping the internal resolution of DS games to make them look super good and that's pretty much it. If DS games are on the table for Bestfriendsvania then I assume they would tackle Dawn of Sorrow since they just did Aria. I'd think Liam would know Dawn well enough to do an LP on that if he had to. I wonder how far his knowledge of Portrait and Ecclesia goes. I also kind of doubt we'll get a bestfriendvania like this for a while.

I sort of figured, but wasn't completely sure. My knowledge extends to an older thread about upping the internal resolution of DS games to make them look super good and that's pretty much it. If DS games are on the table for Bestfriendsvania then I assume they would tackle Dawn of Sorrow since they just did Aria. I'd think Liam would know Dawn well enough to do an LP on that if he had to. I wonder how far his knowledge of Portrait and Ecclesia goes. I also kind of doubt we'll get a bestfriendvania like this for a while.
Dawn has the glyphs you have to draw, so it's probably enough to kill the idea of LPing it, on an emulator especially.

You've never played a Castlevania game?
I remember playing about halfway through the very first Castlevania, but that was it. None of the modern "Igavania" style games

Either you have very wide tastes and just overlooked Castlevania somehow or very narrow tastes. Hopefully it's the first one and you actually don't ignore that many good series somehow.
I have wide tastes that happens to encompass a lot of niche and obscure shit. So yes, it's the former. Castlevania never crossed my mind a lot of the time compared to other Konami properties.

So many Mystery Boxes.

Weirdly though, I enjoy this series more when it's an occasional thing as I've not had as much desire to watch them immediately as they go up. They're great, but not as exciting as a new episode of an LP

No doubt this is just holding things over until they get the next set of playthroughs ready. Freedom Planet has to be next considering Liam and Woolie confirmed it to be coming on the podcast.

People who have more than 10 tabs open at a time are monsters who need to express some self control. The only exception to this is when you're working on an important project.

Oh my god fuck the writing in this game.

Not only is the writing actually bad, it's almost sickening to think that this is how a group of people views teachers. This school would be under in a damn heartbeat in the real world.

"Jesus don't wake up the whole school" AFTER YOU LITERALLY JUST ASKED HOW TO BLOW OPEN A LOCKED DOOR.

I'm glad they cut when they got stuck but it hurt to watch when I thought the solution was super obvious. I'm glad Liam was like "yeah that's fair, we're dumb"
People who have more than 10 tabs open at a time are monsters who need to express some self control. The only exception to this is when you're working on an important project.
You can't stop me.
Though Woolie freaking out over people clicking on shit he leaves up is silly.

That shit is only a problem when you have so many tabs open that there isn't any room for it to display the fucking name of the page it's on.

So I'm perfectly fine.

If it's my own computer yeah I don't want people clicking through my shit
Why would you share your laptop then? I guess if it's just generic privacy and not like, just some random sensitive stuff in specific tabs.
That shit is only a problem when you have so many tabs open that there isn't any room for it to display the fucking name of the page it's on.

So I'm perfectly fine.
You can't stop me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom