• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrams

I didn't know that Mystery Box game even existed. That feels like something I should of known about because of Giantbomb at some point, but maybe I just missed a stream.

Life is Strange sure is Life is Strange.
I swear to dog, Victoria. Get off Mr. Jefferson's dick. He's in his 30s or something. You then have the gall to blackmail him as if you have any ground to do so? What the fuck are you even getting at anymore? That scarf being in Samuel's place also seems like it's going to be some bullshit later. Or I'm misreading the situation because his spirit animal is a squirrel and nuts and I don't what Max was trying to imply with that. It can't really be what I think it means right. They actually aren't going with that low hanging fruit are they.

JUST BUBBLE HEARTH. WHY.

At least that puzzle solution was neat. Liam also continues to be the best.

Dawn has the glyphs you have to draw, so it's probably enough to kill the idea of LPing it, on an emulator especially.
Thank you early DS touch screen gimmicks.
I'm glad they cut when they got stuck but it hurt to watch when I thought the solution was super obvious. I'm glad Liam was like "yeah that's fair, we're dumb"
You can't stop me.
Though Woolie freaking out over people clicking on shit he leaves up is silly.
Liam is usually willing to fall on the sword for that kind of shit most of the time.

Also I get where Woolie's coming from. I leave a lot of shit up.
Monster Musume Chapter 13 has been open for days.
That shit is only a problem when you have so many tabs open that there isn't any room for it to display the fucking name of the page it's on.

So I'm perfectly fine.
That's when you get into organizing 30 tabs into multiple windows for different things. The neogaf window with 10 tabs. The dumb bullshit window with 10 dumb bullshits and so on.

Archgan

I don't think anyone mentioned this, but the Best Friends are signing these at Momocon.
11206784_994363123910153_4061566081055793346_o.jpg
11119430_994363130576819_6484861052304972658_o.jpg

11059444_994363153910150_710744043051231664_o.jpg
11312672_994363127243486_958929358859820600_o.jpg
The first three were by kada-bura.tumblr.com and the last one is obviously Cranky.

Pat got the
Upper Cathedral
Key! Holy shit- expectation exceed!

I predict 2 more episodes to clear the Hidden Village. 1 to clear the immediate next area, and 1 to just see the location that key unlocks.

Damn, they might actually clear the main story within 50 episodes... A nice round off number. If not, surely no later than 55.

Ugh, I just remembered- Wondered if they would ever read those descriptions... Oh well, as long as they picked it up.

Wish they had fought Alfred but oh well.

Unless you REALLY want to use the wheel at the start, there's really no reason to ever fight Alfred cause he gives you everything for free.

Geg

Haha yeah I noticed Woolie asked Pat about reading the key's description and then forgot about it by the time he got the controller

Ugh, I just remembered- Wondered if they would ever read those descriptions... Oh well, as long as they picked it up.

Unless you REALLY want to use the wheel at the start, there's really no reason to ever fight Alfred cause he gives you everything for free.

He's not a very good fight, honestly. The fight you get for failing the Hunter of Hunters quest line is way better, I hope at least one of them botches it on their own save/NG+ to get a crack at it.

Ehh, this far in makes it a pretty pointless fight. Awesome episode though.

I didn't mean in terms of gaining anything item or gear wise, I just thought it was a cool ass fight and hearing his dialogue as opposed to
how he ends up if you don't fight him

I didn't mean in terms of gaining anything item or gear wise, I just thought it was a cool ass fight and hearing his dialogue as opposed to
how he ends up if you don't fight him

That's actually what I meant, too. I think he's probably the worst hunter fight in the entire game. His AI is poor, his arsenal isn't very good, you never get a decent "arena" for him in any of his appearances, and you're likely to have badly over-leveled the encounter by the time you finish Cainhurst.

I actually enjoy fighting a lot of the unnamed NPC Hunters more than him. It's more of a mercy killing than anything else.

That's actually what I meant, too. I think he's probably the worst hunter fight in the entire game. His AI is poor, his arsenal isn't very good, you never get a decent "arena" for him in any of his appearances, and you're likely to have badly over-leveled the encounter by the time you finish Cainhurst.

I actually enjoy fighting a lot of the unnamed NPC Hunters more than him. It's more of a mercy killing than anything else.

Ah okay I gotcha.

Holy shit, the characters in Life is Strange are so fucking stupid. If they were Klingons, the one should've killed the other for that stupidity by now.

Man, now I'm glad Liam kept killing Chloe over and over.

Skrams

Bloodborne Part 41- Good episode with some good progress. Glad they found the key and also remembered to check up on Alfred. Wonder if they'll "finish" his questline as I didn't really think about doing that in my own playthrough. No wheel, no deal.

"Say hello to my little friend," because even Max wants to kill Chloe. Chloe also continues to be a dick and hates the handicapped. I also have a hard time believing the security won't know it's Chloe's truck that sped off.

I should stop staring at the lips too because that lipsync is not great.

Bloodborne Part 41- Good episode with some good progress. Glad they found the key and also remembered to check up on Alfred. Wonder if they'll "finish" his questline as I didn't really think about doing that in my own playthrough. No wheel, no deal.

"Say hello to my little friend," because even Max wants to kill Chloe. Chloe also continues to be a dick and hates the handicapped. I also have a hard time believing the security won't know it's Chloe's truck that sped off.

I should stop staring at the lips too because that lipsync is not great.

Oh God I'm not the only one? That is atrocious; it's not even just the lips, the actors put more emotion in their voice than the character model's faces can express so it creates this weird disconnect between the actor and the character.

Coolluck

I usually don't like these question sort of posts but I don't know where else to ask besides the subreddit but do any of you remember the show they were talking about either earlier this year or late last year about some serial killer who has to work out because they got punked the first time they tried by the would-be victim? At first I thought they had mentioned The Fall but that doesn't seem to really be the case now that I've finally got around to watching it.

Zenfalcia

Waiting on the podcast sucks.
People who have more than 10 tabs open at a time are monsters who need to express some self control. The only exception to this is when you're working on an important project.

Oh my god fuck the writing in this game.
You're not the boss of me!!!
I don't think anyone mentioned this, but the Best Friends are signing these at Momocon.

The first three were by kada-bura.tumblr.com and the last one is obviously Cranky.
Cool!
I usually don't like these question sort of posts but I don't know where else to ask besides the subreddit but do any of you remember the show they were talking about either earlier this year or late last year about some serial killer who has to work out because they got punked the first time they tried by the would-be victim? At first I thought they had mentioned The Fall but that doesn't seem to really be the case now that I've finally got around to watching it.
Yeah, i remember that, but don't remember the name of the series. Maybe try googling the general description of the plot and maybe you'll get something? Sorry can't be much help.

Oh my god Chloe.

Are they trying to push the 'bad friend' angle with her as she gets Max into more shit? Cause even if they were she shouldn't be this stupid when doing illegal stuff!

That GPA score don't lie I guess- stay in school kids.

Skrams

Oh God I'm not the only one? That is atrocious; it's not even just the lips, the actors put more emotion in their voice than the character model's faces can express so it creates this weird disconnect between the actor and the character.

Yeah, that too. I think the voice acting is pretty good despite the script, so it's easy to ignore the lips while playing. The lip sync is bad, but combined with them not moving their faces much at all makes it weirder. The game also sort of gets around it by cutting to other character's faces during talking or placing the camera in certain places to make it harder to see their face. It's noticeable at least in this episode with it being darker.

Oh my god Chloe.

Are they trying to push the 'bad friend' angle with her as she gets Max into more shit? Cause even if they were she shouldn't be this stupid when doing illegal stuff!

That GPA score don't lie I guess- stay in school kids.
Feels like a Kenny situation where you're pushed into hating her or disagreeing with her constantly.

Feels like a Kenny situation where you're pushed into hating her or disagreeing with her constantly.

I feel like it wouldn't be so bad if Max was the 'smart' and good one, while Chloe have a very particular set of skills, skills that she had acquired over very long years as a rebellious punk searching for her friend.

Skrams

I feel like it wouldn't be so bad if Max was the 'smart' and good one, while Chloe have a very particular set of skills, skills that she had acquired over very long years as a rebellious punk searching for her friend.

Well, they're both idiot teenagers so I'm not surprised. Max is the kid who fluctuates and has good talents. She needs some polishing and all that to truly shine or some nonsense. Chloe is like how the episode described. A dumb teenager who's smart, but wastes time with an empty rebellion. She has also only been searching for the past month for Rachel. She's been friends with her for a bit, but I kind of doubt she'd become super street smart or anything over Max just because of that. Considering their location in bumfuck nowhere it makes sense.

Your situation sounds a bit more plain to me, but I guess it would just depend on how it's written.

Skrams

I skipped straight to the Superman comics talk because I hate myself.

Pat actually actively hating anyone who appears perfect in the regular world is wowza. They demean his life by just existing. I can't. They need perceptible flaws to be not hateable. These real world people need to show me their faults otherwise I don't trust them. I get it, but no. Just no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom