• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_noxrnt7eIf1tnydxio1_540.jpg

tumblr_noxrnt7eIf1tnydxio2_540.jpg

I can't get over how fluffy Zach is.

Archgan

So according to the podcast, this week will just be Bloodborne and Life is Strange until LiS is over. After that, Freedom Planet will start and GoT will be after that.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I honestly can't decide if I prefer this new "LP runs every day until it's done" approach or not.

All I know is that when we get to Bloodborne/Game of Thrones week, I won't have anything to watch until FNF. ;_;

I honestly can't decide if I prefer this new "LP runs every day until it's done" approach or not.

All I know is that when we get to Bloodborne/Game of Thrones week, I won't have anything to watch until FNF. ;_;

Don't forget about Mystery Box and the occasional surprise LP like Aria of Sorrow.

Liam crushed that game in a few parts. He can probably do the same for other Metroidvanias. Maybe we'll see a Castlevania 3 LP.

Laputa_94

I know that feel, I don't have bloodborne and don't care for anything GOT related that isn't the books anymore.

I'd rather they rotate. When they were doing the Dark Souls 2 playthrough, that was just part of the 3 LP rotation they had going on at the time, wasn't it?

Skrams

I want to assume it's because they don't have other LPs fully ready to go at the moment. They probably need to stock some more up and then we might get more variation. They also are kind of stuck to their schedule so even though they might have other stuff ready to go they already set it up so LiS goes up now. I would hope it becomes more varied after GoT and Freedom Planet happen.
I'd rather they rotate. When they were doing the Dark Souls 2 playthrough, that was just part of the 3 LP rotation they had going on at the time, wasn't it?
For the base game of DS2 it was mostly an everyday thing. It became more sporadic during Shitstorm 3 and with the DLC.

There's no guarantee that you would like all the options- Imagine if you get a double or triple negatives and have nothing to watch for 3 months.

In which case the better deal is to quickly get LPs done and out of the gate rather than extending them by alternating... imo.

I skipped straight to the Superman comics talk because I hate myself.

Pat actually actively hating anyone who appears perfect in the regular world is wowza. They demean his life by just existing. I can't. They need perceptible flaws to be not hateable. These real world people need to show me their faults otherwise I don't trust them. I get it, but no. Just no.

Pat is pretty much a Young Adult novel protagonist trapped in the real world in the body of a very angry short person

Actually I think I can understand Pat's problem with Superman. It's like why I kinda hated the Cap America Winter Soldier movie; the bad guys knew everything and could do anything literally perfectly because plot reasons. Every time the good guys make one step forward, whoops here comes plot device to show you how poorly you're really doing until the climax. It's a problem I have with a lot of animes lately, where the idea is to show how powerful the villains are, but it just makes things feel... Stupid?

Actually I think I can understand Pat's problem with Superman. It's like why I kinda hated the Cap America Winter Soldier movie; the bad guys knew everything and could do anything literally perfectly because plot reasons. Every time the good guys make one step forward, whoops here comes plot device to show you how poorly you're really doing until the climax. It's a problem I have with a lot of animes lately, where the idea is to show how powerful the villains are, but it just makes things feel... Stupid?

What did he say about Superman?

convo

Anyone listen to the tfs podcast? anything that they talk about that is not about dragonball or their work sounds like an amateur hour especially with the amatuer low tier nitpick by Kaiserneko with Max's blood type when it was explained directly in the movie.' They should stick with their guns and not even TRY to compete with the Zaibatsu.

Basically he hates Superman because he can solve the problem perfectly every single time and has no flaws as a character.

I'm not very knowledgeable of DC but wasn't the introduction of Doomsday suppose to be the foil to that problem?

I mean, the character development of Superman mainly has been "I'm adapting to Earth values while dispatching crooked peoples".

I'm not very knowledgeable of DC but wasn't the introduction of Doomsday suppose to be the foil to that problem?

Superman was just brainwashed and he got better.

Also anything TFS that isn't DBZ abridged is kinda garbage.

And Liam's still on top of names for characters he doesn't actually want to pronounce, after the amazing Kellog's Boobery of SoM.

BEST FRIENDS PLAY BLOODBORNE (PART 42)

Youtube

Website

The Legend of the One-Shot Woolie continues!

Sure it's the One Reborn but it still counts!

EDIT:

Could have spend it on fire/bolt papers though, the one thing they need more of is damage.

Assuming they're not going back to check out the rest of the Unseen Village (where they would get a ton of chunks), I don't know if they would process with the next main area, or check out the key... I hope it's the latter =3

MrHoot

So this is the beginning of fastborne huh?

Them running around the map getting lost because they are too scured to fight anything. I think this is more infuriating than slowborne.

EDIT: NVM,
good job woolie.

I prefer it to slowborne honestly. It's also a pretty good thing to do on the first playthrough (Run through, just get a good feel of your surroundings, and do the nitty gritty later)

They did the right thing anyway because the three hunters would've wrecked, as that's what they're designed for.

I mean, the Unseen Village is the proper place for Fastborne. If Woolie hadn't realized that speedrunning the first section was the way forward they could have easily gotten stuck there for an entire episode or more.

I love the game, but honestly I just speedrun Unseen Village on subsequent playthroughs. The place just isn't worth ever stopping in. I can totally understand why Pat initially assumed the bell ringers would be non-respawning, it has the (crappy) "feel" of one of those Dark Souls zones built for "deathruns" (Catacombs, Undead Crypt, etc.).

Anung

Un Rama
Awesome stuff. Really happy that Fastborne is upon us. This area is built to basically force you to go fast anyway so they made the right call.

Last weeks podcast was great. About half way into this weeks but then got distracted by TW3 and USF4 download.

Oh that sucks. Hopefully I zone out at that point and don't pick up on it. (Gotta play it too one day)

As soon as they start talking about Chrono Trigger and Superman start skipping minutes ahead.

Pat your LPs are great shut up. The Chrono Trigger and Deadly Premonition LPs are some of the best on the channel. And DS2 is amazing.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
As soon as they start talking about Chrono Trigger and Superman start skipping minutes ahead.

Pat your LPs are great shut up. The Chrono Trigger and Deadly Premonition LPs are some of the best on the channel. And DS2 is amazing.
Pat always hate his pa(s)t self. Now if you excuse me, I have to burn a letter that I wrote 4 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom