• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geg

The Chrono Trigger lp is actually one of the few older ones from before I started watching the channel that I haven't watched yet. Is it really up there with DP?

The Chrono Trigger lp is actually one of the few older ones from before I started watching the channel that I haven't watched yet. Is it really up there with DP?

Its hit or miss for some people. I fucking loved it, especially seeing Pat's passion about the game.

It's a different feel and I wouldn't compare them, but it's really good.

Of the older stuff I'd recommend Downpour, Eternal Darkness, Chrono Trigger, and RE2. Streetwise if you can bear with some weak episodes and awesome episodes.

K.Sabot

Not 3 minutes past the talk about Air Raid Sirens on the podcast today does my town's Tornado Sirens start blaring.

4uxszly.png

Here's a pic I call "the little tornado that tried"

Now to finish the rest of the podcast.

Man, someone on the Life is Strange staff hates animals as much as the author of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

And since GAF threads keep reminding me that E3 is coming soon, I'm starting to wonder if they're going to do Let's Watches of press conferences outside of the big 3, since they didn't do EA or Ubisoft last year.

wamberz1

After listening to the podcast, I can kind of see where pat is coming from. Superman is way too perfect has no flaws or negative emotions/thoughts. I usually like DC and the other leaguers but supes is just so boring. I just wish writers gave him some more personality.

sjay1994

Man, someone on the Life is Strange staff hates animals as much as the author of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

And since GAF threads keep reminding me that E3 is coming soon, I'm starting to wonder if they're going to do Let's Watches of press conferences outside of the big 3, since they didn't do EA or Ubisoft last year.

Doubtful, they probably will just do nintendo, sony and MS.

After listening to the podcast, I can kind of see where pat is coming from. Superman is way too perfect has no flaws or negative emotions/thoughts. I usually like DC and the other leaguers but supes is just so boring. I just wish writers gave him some more personality.

Red Son is pretty good.

Superman, like Captain America, is an outdated figure, that hasn't been properly updated.

Superman was written in an era where hating capitalists were cool and he was the beacon of morality among humans.

He was also an ambivalent asshole in the early days according to a couple of GAF threads on Supes.

I want Pat's version of Superman Without Superman, ala Garfield Without Garfield.

Edit: Also Matt arguing that the fact it's possible to continue a story is the same thing as perpetually continuing a story is one of the dumbest things I've heard this year. A+ material.

I haven't posted in weeks. Finals and then being home. Momocon is, like, an hour away, but I just don't think I can get there. Next year, if they're back, when I can drive, then I'll be there. Probably. Bloodborne continues to be an excellent playthrough shut up.

Xux

I want Pat's version of Superman Without Superman, ala Garfield Without Garfield.

Edit: Also Matt arguing that the fact it's possible to continue a story is the same thing as perpetually continuing a story is one of the dumbest things I've heard this year. A+ material.
Yeah, I have no idea what he was saying about FMA.

Yeah, I have no idea what he was saying about FMA.

I want to believe that instead of just arguing irrationally, that Matt is actually like the world's most hardcore FMA fan and he's completely unwilling to accept that it's over.

Like, he was just over in the corner shouting, "They could make more tomorrow! You don't know! DON'T ACT LIKE YOU KNOW!" ;_;

Though, the reality is just that he's super defensive when it comes to comic books so he just starts saying ridiculous things when someone attacks them. I really don't know how he's gotten this far in nerd life without realizing that at some point it's just better to say, "Yeah, Superman comics are pretty dumb, but they're a fun kind of dumb that I like."

I mean, it's not like everyone present (and listening) can't sympathize. We all love at least one thing we know is virtually indefensible from a rational standpoint, something we know is dumb or outright garbage even. You've just got to own it, like I own the fact that I love Dragonball Z and I'm totally willing to let them continue to keep making it even though it's getting ridiculously bad, just like Superman fans are okay with them continuing to release Superman comics.

I want to believe that instead of just arguing irrationally, that Matt is actually like the world's most hardcore FMA fan and he's completely unwilling to accept that it's over.

Like, he was just over in the corner shouting, "They could make more tomorrow! You don't know! DON'T ACT LIKE YOU KNOW!" ;_;

Though, the reality is just that he's super defensive when it comes to comic books so he just starts saying ridiculous things when someone attacks them. I really don't know how he's gotten this far in nerd life without realizing that at some point it's just better to say, "Yeah, Superman comics are pretty dumb, but they're a fun kind of dumb that I like."

I mean, it's not like everyone present (and listening) can't sympathize. We all love at least one thing we know is virtually indefensible from a rational standpoint, something we know is dumb or outright garbage even. You've just got to own it, like I own the fact that I love Dragonball Z and I'm totally willing to let them continue to keep making it even though it's getting ridiculously bad, just like Superman fans are okay with them continuing to release Superman comics.

The attempts to make Superman not dumb are really annoying. I don't care about Clark Kent having to pay taxes or whatever, I want to see Superman punch a giant space robot in the face. Or push a planet somewhere or rearrange a star system for some reason. Or tackle someone through a planet so hard that the planet exploded.

The attempts to make Superman not dumb are really annoying. I don't care about Clark Kent having to pay taxes or whatever, I want to see Superman punch a giant space robot in the face. Or push a planet somewhere or rearrange a star system for some reason. Or tackle someone through a planet so hard that the planet exploded.

How would you feel about a Superman comic written in the Dr. McNinja or Axecop style?

How would you feel about a Superman comic written in the Dr. McNinja or Axecop style?

No but for realsies trying to keep a character like Superman restricted to Earth is really dumb so Superman should really now just be either wacky space adventures or some space opera. We'e already seen him lift a car and catch a falling plane. That being said Red Son is fantastic and so is Kingdom Come though that's more of a Justice League story that acts as a backlash to all the edgy 90s antiheroes that were popping up in comics.

Squishy3

nvm im dumb

Alfebit

Banned
Ugh, this Superman talk on the podcast is getting really dragged out and all the arguing is making it really hard to listen to.

Aw yeah League of Legends talk on the Podcast! Its only a matter of time until their grandmas start playing too.

Woolie's super right. Yasuo's so much cooler than most of the other champions that I sometimes get confused as to what he's even doing there. I wish he wasn't absolute poison for team compositions so I didn't have to go through ridiculous logical leaps to find an excuse to play him.

GavinGT

Banned
I was watching the Indigo Prophecy playthrough and they all agreed that they'd much rather be playing Shenmue instead. Why haven't we gotten a Shenmue Let's Play yet?

Skrams

Bloodborne Part 42- Sure is fastborne up in here. They explored the area pretty well even though they ran past everything. Not sure if I really like just running past everything for a first playthrough, but eh, if people like this more then whatever. Good job to Woolie on that boss too.

Life is Strange is Life is Strange.
Chloe needing to wake and bake is the silliest thing. The guys are pretty on point saying she could easily make 5000 in a few months if she actually got a full time job. The password puzzle looks like it could be shitty since you just need to look at everything then pick one of the 9 passwords, but won't know for sure if it's just that until the next episode.

Cool. I was hoping this would happen once we knew the release date.

It would be nice to see a let's watch of the bethesda and square enix conference at least. Those seem like wild cards to me where a crazy thing could happen. I doubt anything would happen at EA or Ubisofts conference to make a let's watch worth it, but eh, who knows.
I was watching the Indigo Prophecy playthrough and they all agreed that they'd much rather be playing Shenmue instead. Why haven't we gotten a Shenmue Let's Play yet?
Yakuza 4 LP already happened. It's the best we'll get.
Goddamnit they're playing League but not Dota? Mistakes were made.
facepalm.gif
I blame their grandmothers and liam's cousin for getting them into league.

Bloodborne Part 42- Sure is fastborne up in here. They explored the area pretty well even though they ran past everything. Not sure if I really like just running past everything for a first playthrough, but eh, if people like this more then whatever. Good job to Woolie on that boss too.

Unseen Village 2.0 is not an area worth exploring.

Skrams

Unseen Village 2.0 is not an area worth exploring.

In hindsight yeah. For a first playthrough I'd still explore it since it's a first playthrough and most people want to explore everything on a first playthrough. I don't really expect them to go back for the few parts they missed either. I doubt they even really gave any thought to looking in the parts down the stairs considering they were running away from guys the whole time. I'd hope they come back to fight the hunters at least.

ArjanN

Ugh, this Superman talk on the podcast is getting really dragged out and all the arguing is making it really hard to listen to.

It's kinda oddly heated yeah. Especially given how Superman being too perfect to make for a good superhero is like the least controversial opinion ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom