• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrams

Bloodborne Part 43- That magical moment when all of the comments finally catch up.
Rekt, fraudwil.
Strength shit, Spin2Win, and other dumb shit. Woolie is also unimpressed with your 60/20 vision. His 20/20 vision is clearly superior. And wow, their frenzy bar is so small at 99 insight. This is going to be a wonderful ride. You would of hoped they equipped the frenzy rune, but oh well. Maybe next time.

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/video/best-friends-play-bloodborne-part-43/

Site link for the people who want it.

"Picture a monster, vicious bloodsucker,
Fat motherfucker now Patsworth’s in trouble,
As he runs through this nightmare all he hears is frenzy,
99 insight? Mensis laughs immensely"

MrHoot

Bloodborne Part 43- That magical moment when all of the comments finally catch up.
Rekt, fraudwil.
Strength shit, Spin2Win, and other dumb shit. Woolie is also unimpressed with your 60/20 vision. His 20/20 vision is clearly superior. And wow, their frenzy bar is so small at 99 insight. This is going to be a wonderful ride. You would of hoped they equipped the frenzy rune, but oh well. Maybe next time.

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/video/best-friends-play-bloodborne-part-43/

Site link for the people who want it.

"Picture a monster, vicious bloodsucker,
Fat motherfucker now Patsworth’s in trouble,
As he runs through this nightmare all he hears is frenzy,
99 insight? Mensis laughs immensely"

Cant' wait for the encounter of the stronger frenzy ladies. Probably the toughest/worst monster in the whole game

Goddamnit they're playing League but not Dota? Mistakes were made.
facepalm.gif

Not actually playing it, just some of the character designs for League get around since it's so huge. I'm pretty sure everyone's familiar with Jinx, for example, and Woolie's probably familiar with Yasuo and Rumble because of their alternate skins.

Okingjrr

Yay, early Bloodborne, woo!
It's during the big discussion/argument about Superman so you can miss it if you skip the times in the description

As soon as they start talking about Chrono Trigger and Superman start skipping minutes ahead.

Pat your LPs are great shut up. The Chrono Trigger and Deadly Premonition LPs are some of the best on the channel. And DS2 is amazing.
Thanks for the heads up. But like an idiot, I went to bed after posting and forgot to check the thread before getting back to the podcast and got "spoiled" on this old ass game.
No biggie.
They should do a stream, and let stream decide their actions =3
Dude. DUDE!
Oh my god.
Kornheiser_Why.JPG

convo

Pat and Woolie are really enjoying the maximum negative impact of 99 insight to their frenzy resistance.That frenzy bar :lol . They actively decided to dick stomp themselves, why are they loving it so much? Non-stop infinite dick stomping for the entire week it seems.

Pat and Woolie are really enjoying the maximum negative impact of 99 insight to their frenzy resistance.That frenzy bar :lol . They actively decided to dick stomp themselves, why are they loving it so much? Non-stop infinite dick stomping for the entire week it seems.

I thought they were going to put a Frenzy Resist rune on when they went back to the shop. I wonder how mad they're going to be when they realize those things are like +200 Frenzy Resist compared to like the 3-15 they're getting from changing a piece of gear.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I thought they were going to put a Frenzy Resist rune on when they went back to the shop. I wonder how mad they're going to be when they realize those things are like +200 Frenzy Resist compared to like the 3-15 they're getting from changing a piece of gear.
Yet they lowered their insight and gained frenzy resistance to
not really
counter the frenzy.
It couldnt have been all for nothing.

Yet they lowered their insight and gained frenzy resistance to
not really
counter the frenzy.
It couldnt have been all for nothing.

They'll probably be okay since Woolie's already got the speedrun forming in his eyes. He's had a taste now, he can't go back to being a snail. The ground level of Mergo's actually suits just a dead sprint to the first elevator very well.
Though I expect them to stop and get killed by the spiders and/or NPC Hunter at least once.

Xux

I would've brought up Cowboy Bebop during the comic discussion. Sure it ended but Pat has said he likes the episodic sessions better than the ones that focus on the overarching plot and I'd say that's the best comparison to author runs and arcs in comics.

I honestly like Superman's "perfection"; not his invincibility so much as the fact that good, pure, and heroic superheroes are seeming rare nowadays.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I would've brought up Cowboy Bebop during the comic discussion. Sure it ended but Pat has said he likes the episodic sessions better than the ones that focus on the overarching plot and I'd say that's the best comparison to author runs and arcs in comics.

I honestly like Superman's "perfection"; not his invincibility so much as the fact that good, pure, and heroic superheroes are seeming rare nowadays.
I think what Pat hates about comics is that there is so many iterations of the same story. That rarely happens in anime.

I think Pat is probably okay with most actual self-contained arcs (Kingdom Come, Watchmen, etc.), he's just annoyed that even when it seems like a self-contained arc someone comes along at some point and putzes it up (The Dark Knight Returns, Age of Apocalypse, etc.) by either integrating it back into a persistent continuity or trying to turn it into a persistent continuity in and of itself.

That, and too many of the things that should be self-contained and take advantage of that fact to jettison confusing legacy material don't (Ultimates).

explodet

One thing I find interesting is how everybody has their own version of Superman. Comic fans, non-comic fans, writers, artists, movie buffs, everybody's got their own feelings towards the character. Pat's opinion is a completely valid one, and I say this as a completely mid-tier/meh Superman fan.

I think what Pat hates about comics is that there is so many iterations of the same story. That rarely happens in anime.
Isn't he a big EVA fan?

Fucking ANIMA is better than Rebuild, even though it's got weird shit like Loli Rei and Evasuka.

I kind of wish an Evangelion ANIMA mod or game existed so it could be a Mystery Box.

It was more about how heated it got than not being interested. Woolie definitely seemed like he wanted Pat to not have that opinion.
I don't think it got too serious, but I can see why it could come off that way. Pat and Woolz get that way sometimes, but Woolie, at the least, seems to keep in mind it's still just a disagreement.

aly

I hope they don't forget about the upper Cathedral Ward Key. Also yeah, I consider this a run through area the first time through.

I'm at the Superman talk on the podcast. I love this. Probably because I share Pat's views on Superman.

Aha. Liam calling Geralt, Gerald is actually funny. Because I was reading the books
theres a bit where the guys after Geralt keep calling him Gerald

Oh yay, shout outs to Europe.
Fuck GGXrd coming out next month. Even better is that a new version got announced TODAY. The salt got rubbed in so hard.

"And then it runs in 50fps" /dead

They still don't know any better. They used every insight item upon acquiring them.
Exact same thing I did on my very first playthrough, to be fair. Only halfway through Mensis did I discover the insight shop in the hub and decide to spend all that shit to regain that frenzy resistance.

Seeing them get closer to the end reminds me I'm still late in the game on NG++ and should wrap that up sometime soon.

Anung

Un Rama
The newer Bloodborne LP has been really great. Decently paced and not getting hitched on bosses that much. Woolie is really bad at judging R2 distances though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom