• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Pretty cool they cast Woolie as Bebop in the new TMNT movie:

6ntPGtB.jpg

So I've been rewatching the first shitstorm for some reason, and I kinda wanna see a siren blood curse full lp. I forgot it looked pretty sick.

KdylanR92

I'm in a weird place where i'm not watching either of the two playthroughs so i don't really have anything to watch... Is the Parasite Eve playthrough good? I really enjoyed the Chrono Trigger and Mario RPG LPs, does this give off a similar feel?

I'm in a weird place where i'm not watching either of the two playthroughs so i don't really have anything to watch... Is the Parasite Eve playthrough good? I really enjoyed the Chrono Trigger and Mario RPG LPs, does this give off a similar feel?
Exactly the same. Of course, instead of perfect Liam or unhappy Matt, there's Woolie, and I'm pretty sure he does that thing where he skeptically says "Mmmmmalright. Okay." after someone explains to him that he's wrong.

Jesus Christ, I didn't expect that temporal swerve, although I find it cheap that
Chloe is paraplegic
on top of the ramped up animal stuff.

Of course it is. They crippling themselves with 99 insight.
They haven't even reached the bridge with all the singing brain heads yet.

The playthrough is getting better though. However, Pat saying that that the BB LP is bad on the podcast is kinda funny and depressing at the same time.

They haven't been dying to the frenzy as much now that they've decided to be book it. But those spiders and that last 'environmental' death, lol,

And it still bugs me whenever something's RIGHT in front of them and neither of them saw it. This is my hell.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
They haven't been dying to the frenzy as much now that they've decided to be book it. But those spiders and that last 'environmental' death, lol,

And it still bugs me whenever something's RIGHT in front of them and neither of them saw it. This is my hell.

Blame it on Pat's correctly "calibrated" TV.

Jesus Christ, I didn't expect that temporal swerve, although I find it cheap that
Chloe is paraplegic
on top of the ramped up animal stuff.

Butterfly Effect.

I appreciate good solid time travel fundamentals. Everyone who's seen Back to the Future knows how the alternate timeline vs the regular timeline works.

I can't wait until the game is finished with all 5 episodes. I'm buying a copy.

Alfebit

Banned
Catching up on the LiS LP and some of the dialogue is still as painful as ever. The image of Woolie waiting for an Uber to show up during a disaster is making me guffaw.

Edit: OH FUCK. That ending was hella nuts.

Skrams

Bloodborne Part 44- Fun episode. Glad we mostly got everything about the frenzy cleared up. This episode is also making me wonder about their gems on their axe. I feel like it's been a while since they messed with those. They're still doing some not great damage which is making me wonder if the axe is just bad or I just had really good gems on my saw cleaver. Also a lot of silly deaths and good job, Pat.

Oh man, Max is leveling up her Dio powers to
Jotaro's and josephs stand power.

This is the most fucking correct thing about Life is Strange I've seen. Holy fucking shit.

That Life is Strange ending was really good. Chloe is still being a dicky teenager though.
Blaming your mother for asking him to pick her up? Blaming your dead father for being dead? The fuck is wrong with you. Christ Chloe, just stop. I'm glad Liam went with the grow up option.

I'm glad we got this ending, but I was kind of hoping just maybe the solution to the final puzzle would be
that you had to let him leave.
I think RecursiveFault mentioned this when the Episode 2 videos were happening as a hopeful potential situation for a puzzle.

I wonder if the writers even know what they're doing with the next episode now. That preview was super short and nothing.

MrHoot

Welp, life is strange is turning into something extremely more entertaining. Not that it wasn't before, with Liam opening with a small zinger

They're still doing some not great damage which is making me wonder if the axe is just bad or I just had really good gems on my saw cleaver. Also a lot of silly deaths and good job, Pat.

I think it's a mix of having middle-range str (usually a damage build you'd probably up to 40), meh gems and the fact the Axe has kinda meh scaling at +9 compared to other weapons (it only gets B str scaling at +10 and by the time you get a bloodrock you're already almost done with the main story really). But it's still doing decent damage

demidar

I heard of room escape games and Sleep No More first from Idle Thumbs. Though IT came to it with a more video game designer bent since they make games. Sounds super interesting, I'm down for slowly losing my mind. Too bad it's in another country :/

Oh my god the life is strange ending. I now instantly like Chloe more, which is just my bias I guess, but more importantly, consequential shit is happening because of time powers! Looking forward to the story of
how Chloe got handicapped.

I'm amazed there's more than one solution to that last puzzle.
I threw the keys out the window.
That Life is Strange ending was really good. Chloe is still being a dicky teenager though.
Blaming your mother for asking him to pick her up? Blaming your dead father for being dead? The fuck is wrong with you. Christ Chloe, just stop. I'm glad Liam went with the grow up option.
Her attitude is pretty intentional.
Everyone she cared about died/left, gets depressed over it, finds new friend, new friend is gone, asshole stepdad with her mom, etc.

Everything you do as Max is her wanting you to fill the role of the people missing in her life, and she's beyond possessive because she is clinging to Max trying to force her into that role. Nothing about it is rational, she's either depressed or emotionally strung out to where she actually believes it- like she said, because she has to blame someone, and it can't be herself.

Apparently if you go with her all the time and do stuff like ignore Kate's phone call she changes her phone background from Rachel to Max.

Skrams

I'm amazed there's more than one solution to that last puzzle.
I threw the keys out the window.
Her attitude is pretty intentional.
Everyone she cared about died/left, gets depressed over it, finds new friend, new friend is gone, asshole stepdad with her mom, etc.

Everything you do as Max is her wanting you to fill the role of the people missing in her life, and she's beyond possessive because she is clinging to Max trying to force her into that role. Nothing about it is rational, she's either depressed or emotionally strung out to where she actually believes it- like she said, because she has to blame someone, and it can't be herself.

Apparently if you go with her all the time and do stuff like ignore Kate's phone call she changes her phone background from Rachel to Max.
Well fucking yeah, it's intentional. She definitely has her reasons to be a depressed and emotional teen.
I still feel slightly annoyed at it from the abstract Max-like perspective. She really just needs to stop blaming anyone for things out of anyone's control. Not her father, mother, Max, Rachel, or herself. It's just a pretty shit thing of life that she'll probably have to accept. She can either stick it out, complain, or just move to Portland. It might be running from her problems, but at least she could be on her own for a bit. It would probably help her learn whats important. She doesn't seem like she has much reason to run now though. Hell, she can't even walk.

We'll probably get it, but anyways, I hope to see her grow as a person due to all the bullshit she has to deal with. No blaming of others and all that shit.
They actually been building up the "End of the World" party a whole lot in the previous episodes, so I'm sure they do.

They've been building it definitely. I just hope they can stick the landing in episode 4 and maybe ramp it up a little bit for Episode 5.

Also pretty neat how
Chloe parked in the handicap spots earlier in the game and was also wanting to steal the handicap money.

Chloe has jumped from nothing to being one of the most interesting characters in LiS.

But fuck Warren for having a happy ending.

I don't want happy swirly glasses :/

Well fucking yeah, it's intentional. She definitely has her reasons to be a depressed and emotional teen.
I still feel slightly annoyed at it from the abstract Max-like perspective. She really just needs to stop blaming anyone for things out of anyone's control. Not her father, mother, Max, Rachel, or herself. It's just a pretty shit thing of life that she'll probably have to accept. She can either stick it out, complain, or just move to Portland. It might be running from her problems, but at least she could be on her own for a bit. It would probably help her learn whats important. She doesn't seem like she has much reason to run now though. Hell, she can't even walk.

We'll probably get it, but anyways, I hope to see her grow as a person due to all the bullshit she has to deal with. No blaming of others and all that shit.
Sorry if I came off kinda harsh, been having arguments with people who really hate Chloe and had to explain it like 12 times.

Wow the end of Bloodborne 45. Ouch!

The build up to it was so good. I thought it would be Pat because he flirted with it so much, but it fell to Woolie to prove how little attention he had been paying.

This Micolash fight is hilarious with such low damage output. I've never seen him just stand around in the corner like that, looking confused. "I'm supposed to be dead by now," Micolash Cage sighs, "I only have these two moves guys, I wasn't designed for the actual fighting portion of this encounter to last this long."

aly

They've been building it definitely. I just hope they can stick the landing in episode 4 and maybe ramp it up a little bit for Episode 5.

Also pretty neat how
Chloe parked in the handicap spots earlier in the game and was also wanting to steal the handicap money.

I still hate Chloe. Not wheelchair Chloe but regular timeline Chloe. I think my problem is the the previous episodes with Kate and Max made me care about Kate and her problems much more than the silly pity party Chloe keeps trying to throw. Chloe has yet to even demonstrate being a good friend to Max. It leaves room to grow for her, but at the back of my mind I can't help but think they've done a poor job with her. So yeah I agree with what you said

Wonder what's replacing LiS.

Squishy3

I still hate Chloe. Not wheelchair Chloe but regular timeline Chloe. I think my problem is the the previous episodes with Kate and Max made me care about Kate and her problems much more than the silly pity party Chloe keeps trying to throw. Chloe has yet to even demonstrate being a good friend to Max. It leaves room to grow for her, but at the back of my mind I can't help but think they've done a poor job with her. So yeah I agree with what you said

Wonder what's replacing LiS.
Freedom Planet.

Anyone know if there's anybody that's uploading highlights of the friendcast on Youtube? I don't like listening to entire casts to get to hear some of my favorite bits again so it would be great if they we had some highlights like the Bombcast highlights you can find.

In other news, time to catch up on

15 podcasts

frBAang.png
frBAang.png
frBAang.png

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Anyone know if there's anybody that's uploading highlights of the friendcast on Youtube? I don't like listening to entire casts to get to hear some of my favorite bits again so it would be great if they we had some highlights like the Bombcast highlights you can find.

In other news, time to catch up on

15 podcasts

frBAang.png
frBAang.png
frBAang.png

why don't you ever listen to them on commute?

The fact that they're about to catch up to me in Bloodborne is probably a good sign that I need to get off my ass and finish Bloodborne instead of modding Skyrim more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom