• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Gurren story was great. Those last few episodes in general are super uplifting.

Edit: That crunch comment by Matt was sad, but true. Its a shame its still a culture, and overtime is a part of any job, but its terrible for game dev.

Skrams

Really great panel. Surprised they let it run over that long. Good job on Momocon. Liam still continues to be the best. Sick burns and then just fucking being such a swell guy. All loving his best friends and shit.

"We don't care." - Ghost Man, 2015

Anung

Un Rama
Can't wait to check the panel out. Seeing the thread in off topic about some cosplayer getting sexually harassed and mistreated by management has put a dampener on my opinion of the con though.

That Gurren story was great. Those last few episodes in general are super uplifting.

Edit: That crunch comment by Matt was sad, but true. Its a shame its still a culture, and overtime is a part of any job, but its terrible for game dev.

Its terrible because of high competition for scarce jobs and the mentality of working devs to the bone.

If your producer isn't fighting for enough money for your dev team to survive at least a year or 2, plan to have crunch time, unpaid overtime of course.

Its terrible because of high competition for scarce jobs and the mentality of working devs to the bone.

If your producer isn't fighting for enough money for your dev team to survive at least a year or 2, plan to have crunch time, unpaid overtime of course.

It depends on the scope of the project, but if the producer is already planning for crunch before the project even starts you know you're in some deep shit.

Oh man the audio quality of the panel just dies in 43 minutes in.

No problem.

It started super quiet to begin with, but that's con panel audio for you. At least it sounds like they got a decent auditorium-type room for this one rather than the standard hotel conference rooms, the acoustics in those are god-awful.

Pat: "I have time to train my mouth to accept hot things."
Woolie: "So, everyone's going to be doing it, but they're going to be leaving their balls at home..."

Phrasing, Lana.

Shock revelaiaton - Woolie did ads for Converse back when he was a kid in Grenada:
BEaloDr.jpg

I'm guessing it was to buy a bigger stick to fight rats with.

Watching the achieved stream. Oh man, hearing the about the HDD crash
it physically pains me to hear about the lost brawl with Liam's debut and Kirby Air Ride...

Liam is so on point. We need more Liam.

IS THIS REAL????
This photo was taken in the JCPenney a Central Florida mall, this afternoon, while my kid brother was trying on shoes after doing a Boy Scout thing.

I could give you the name of the mall too, if you want, so you can go look at the display in the men's shoes section.

This photo was taken in the JCPenney a Central Florida mall, this afternoon, while my kid brother was trying on shoes after doing a Boy Scout thing.

I could give you the name of the mall too, if you want, so you can go look at the display in the men's shoes section.

:(

Oh I thought it was an uploaded photo of Woolie actually being a child model.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Woolie legit hates the whole "black guy with dreadlocks, must be Woolie!" thing, though. I've seen him snap at people on Twitter for it.

Just sayin'.

Woolie legit hates the whole "black guy with dreadlocks, must be Woolie!" thing, though. I've seen him snap at people on Twitter for it.

Just sayin'.
I get that, but I think he might get a kick out of some lore saying he was a child model back in Grenada, as a counterpoint to all the bad stuff, like the rats.

It could be worse, we could say this is his time traveling Boruto or something.

Archgan

I get that, but I think he might get a kick out of some lore saying he was a child model back in Grenada, as a counterpoint to all the bad stuff, like the rats.

It could be worse, we could say this is his time traveling Boruto or something.

If the Zaibatsu lives on past Matt, Pat, Woolie, and Liam via their kids, they have to rename the channel Super Best Borutos Play.

E the Shaggy

As someone who was at the panel today, the part where the random girl grabbed the mic mid-sentence from the Zaibatsu was even more awkward in person.

As someone who was at the panel today, the part where the random girl grabbed the mic mid-sentence from the Zaibatsu was even more awkward in person.

That bit where they asked to leave a review? Yeah. Seems like an end of panel thing to do.

How about when they just randomly took the flag off stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom