• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anung

Un Rama
But some say kosm

Including me

Kos is for plebs

Qs3FMoy.gif

Oh my god everything's a mess now >_< ! They're really taking that flashborne nonsense seriously! Why are they walking into a boss room with ALL their souls 0_o?! Well I guess they would finish this game by the 50th episode after all.

Also, I notice that the closer we get to Mergo, the more Pat deteriorates into baby-Pat @_@ It's up to oneshot-Woolie to slay the nightmare to save Pat.... Or not.

MrHoot

Eeeh, they're fine honestly by walking into a boss room with echoes. You get them back super fast at this point (the pig alone gives 10k, and they just got new moon)

I wonder though if they're gonna ignore Upper cathedral ward completely tho

Eeeh, they're fine honestly by walking into a boss room with echoes. You get them back super fast at this point (the pig alone gives 10k, and they just got new moon)

I wonder though if they're gonna ignore Upper cathedral ward completely tho

Hopefully, they stopped just before the VERY end, consult Liam or whoever, and do one or two episodes to clear up all the secrets.

Okingjrr

Uh oh, comeonandsl.am is exactly what I thought it would be, a hole from which one can never return from.
If you value productivity:
superman-dad-death-reaction-Kevin-Costner-1387241798Q.gif

Skrams

Hopefully, they stopped just before the VERY end, consult Liam or whoever, and do one or two episodes to clear up all the secrets.

They said on the panel that they hadn't finished the game yet, so hopefully that means they know to clean house before heading to the end.

Gestahl

Also, I notice that the closer we get to Mergo, the more Pat deteriorates into baby-Pat @_@ It's up to oneshot-Woolie to slay the nightmare to save Pat.... Or not.

This whole video was just Woolie changing Pat's diaper while he flailed around and whined about everything and anything

And that 20/20 vision finally activated (just like in Woolie's Narutos) when he was the one to spot the secret passage on the elevator ride

MrHoot

I'm mostly surprised they managed to hold out for THIS long without finishing it. At this point, i'm commending their restraint, if they haven't cheated of course

Skrams

Bloodborne Part 46- Literally just a crying blob. Just a crying amorphous blob with red hair falling out all over while grandma swamp rocks it back and forth.

Check to your left to see if there's anything to your left, spin 360 degrees, nooooope.

All this flashborne is shitting up their exploration a bit. Hopefully they'll come back and not forget about those other paths.

That's surprising. I would've thought Thursday would've been the last episode.

What? No. They still have another optional area to explore and a few more bosses.

Edzi

I'm mostly surprised they managed to hold out for THIS long without finishing it. At this point, i'm commending their restraint, if they haven't cheated of course

I haven't watched this playthrough (and probably never will) but I'm really disappointed they decided to play the game this way as their first time. I can't help feeling like it's something they would have gotten a lot more out of if they allowed themselves to play it alone and at their own pace. As it is, I don't think Souls games (or blind playthroughs in general) are particularly good for SBFP style LPs, and from what I've read in the comments for these videos it sounds like this game was no exception.

I haven't watched this playthrough (and probably never will) but I'm really disappointed they decided to play the game this way as their first time. I can't help feeling like it's something they would have gotten a lot more out of if they allowed themselves to play it alone and at their own pace. As it is, I don't think Souls games (or blind playthroughs in general) are particularly good for SBFP style LPs, and from what I've read in the comments for these videos it sounds like this game was no exception.
I'd call it more a symptom of it specifically being a double blind LP than it being Souls related (besides, most comments for anything related to that series or tangentially so I'd take with a grain of salt). You just have that risk going in to these kind of playthroughs where both players are gonna have complete dumbass moments without them realizing it, and the genuine reactions that come from experiencing moments first hand may or may not be entirely worth it for the viewers.

Me personally, I've been fine overall with how they've gone through this game so far. It's a rollercoaster of low moments (snailborne) and highlights (now flashborne), a train wreck at points but damn it's still an entertaining journey nonetheless.

aly

What? No. They still have another optional area to explore and a few more bosses.

Yep. I totally forgot that they even had a key to that area and the other bosses. Really been enjoying Fastborne so I can't wait to what mistakes they make next.

Syder

I had to tap out on the Bloodbourne LP. I know they catch a lot of flak in the comments for their build and whatnot but as a Dark Souls fan (and not a PS4 owner) Bloodbourne is really fucking boring to watch. Environments are too grey and similar. I feel like Pat and Woolie are fighting a losing battle trying to keep this LP entertaining.

This whole video was just Woolie changing Pat's diaper while he flailed around and whined about everything and anything

And that 20/20 vision finally activated (just like in Woolie's Narutos) when he was the one to spot the secret passage on the elevator ride

Bloodborne Part 46- Literally just a crying blob. Just a crying amorphous blob with red hair falling out all over while grandma swamp rocks it back and forth.

Plot twist- Pat is actually Mergo. That's why he's becoming more of a baby the closer they get and his skills and intellect started deteriorating....More. Everything he has done to 'coach' Woolie into getting here has lead up to this.

/shyamalan

mrmyhthef

Man does Woolie not know his left from his right or something

I had to tap out on the Bloodbourne LP. I know they catch a lot of flak in the comments for their build and whatnot but as a Dark Souls fan (and not a PS4 owner) Bloodbourne is really fucking boring to watch. Environments are too grey and similar. I feel like Pat and Woolie are fighting a losing battle trying to keep this LP entertaining.

I just wish they chose a weapon other than the axe. It's a good but boring as hell weapon.

But if you ask me it's still a whole lot more watchable than the DSII LP.

Oh snap, they got fucking superbunnyhop for the podcast.

YO FUCKING GOTCHA FORCE
I have not been this shocked by the quality of a game I watched the best friends play since Barkley.

It truly is one of those unappreciated hidden gems of that gaming Gen. Loved it so much that I played it up to NG++.

Capcom is aware the game exists so they should look into making a sequel on day.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
YO FUCKING GOTCHA FORCE
I have not been this shocked by the quality of a game I watched the best friends play since Barkley.

Anyone who's never seen Gotcha Force before really needs to play the Gundam Vs. games (Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost, etc.). They're literally the same thing, built on the same engine (up until Extreme Vs. the series was developed internally at Capcom, and the same team still makes it, just not under Capcom anymore).

Archgan

Wait a second, in the panel, they said they had to leave right after to catch a flight, but they recorded the second half of the podcast after the panel at Momocon. I mean, what are we to believe, that this some sort of magic podcast or something. Boy, I hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Wait a second, in the panel, they said they had to leave right after to catch a flight, but they recorded the second half of the podcast after the panel at Momocon. I mean, what are we to believe, that this some sort of magic podcast or something. Boy, I hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Nobody fires Liam, perpetual employee of the month.

Squishy3

Anyone who's never seen Gotcha Force before really needs to play the Gundam Vs. games (Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost, etc.). They're literally the same thing, built on the same engine (up until Extreme Vs. the series was developed internally at Capcom, and the same team still makes it, just not under Capcom anymore).
Yeah I'd never heard of Gotcha Force before but I said "That's just fucking EXVSFB" and lo and behold I was right.

Also I'm Vento Oreo in the podcast who got a shoutout for naming the FC house.

I'm not even sure if that's the name I provided, that whole night was kind of a blur.

Unfortunate that the podcast got cut short by them construction guys. Superbunnyhop was a great get for the podcast, though.

Woolie doing the ads by himself was kind of creepy. Like a guy having a conversation with himself and 3 of his imaginary friends.

Now that I'm watching this GF video... That Gundam fighter they played on Mechaweek does have a huge resemblance to GF. I should take a look at that game in the future.

Now that I'm watching this GF video... That Gundam fighter they played on Mechaweek does have a huge resemblance to GF. I should take a look at that game in the future.
For me, my first thought was that it looked very similar to Virtual On. Which Gundam EXVS is also very similar to.

Everything finds its way back to Virtual On. The truest mecha fighting game.

Woolie doing the ads by himself was kind of creepy. Like a guy having a conversation with himself and 3 of his imaginary friends.

Really made me appreciate the normal ads. Having Pat and Liam there to make them super inappropriate and/or say exactly the thing the agency fears makes them far less wooden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom