• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the panel video and I love that the audio breaks right when they mention Senran Kagura being banned on twitch and getting age restricted.

I trying to remember if the Zaibatsu have ever discussed Con harassment in general. I kinda want to ask them for the podcast or tumblr if they're going to Momocon again after these new revelations about their shitty security personnel.

I trying to remember if the Zaibatsu have ever discussed Con harassment in general. I kinda want to ask them for the podcast or tumblr if they're going to Momocon again after these new revelations about their shitty security personnel.

youd think Woolie would be all the security theyd need
since he killed a guy and all

Loco4Coco

Oh man, when that random lady took the mic...

giphy.gif

Edit: Now the American flag thing.

MolochSigma

Neo Member
Oh man, when that random lady took the mic...

giphy.gif

Edit: Now the American flag thing.

What the heck was with that? Were those girls actually from the con and if so why weren't the guys told about it?

Does anyone have any feedback if Momocon has a bad rep for things like this?

then the solution is obvious
bring their girlfriends(fiance in Matts case) to the cons

That would only exacerbate any problems and honestly I think the women would probably get harassed.

I had to pause after Liam's comment with the "Pat's Mom" question. His burns are savage.

I still think it's hilarious and heartwarming a bit that she actually ended up calling Pat to talk to Matt about their comments.

Edzi

So there seems to be a lot of talk around some awkwardness in momocon, both here and on the best friends subreddit. I'm probably not going to watch their panel/streams, so could someone fill me in on what exactly went down?

Skrams

Gotcha Force is a weird game. It looks pretty slick, but they only really scratched the surface it looked like.

I also might have to pick up Freedom Planet during the steam summer sale. Liam is making me appreciate Sonic level design a little more than I use to. Although Freedom Planet looks a little better just due to the range of movement. I'm not a diehard Genesis person, but I can easily see the Treasure and Sonic influences going on. Also Vectorman balls.

Quick question, Im jumping down the rabbit hole after pat, what server did he say his guild was on? and what was the name of said guild?
The reddit post with everything you need to know.
I don't even remember Liam doing that. The setup of the panel and them extending it made me think the con was better than average. Too bad about some of the other momocon bullshit and the weird interruptions.
So there seems to be a lot of talk around some awkwardness in momocon, both here and on the best friends subreddit. I'm probably not going to watch their panel/streams, so could someone fill me in on what exactly went down?
It's not super cringe worthy, but it was a bit awkward. It was just that a girl randomly came up, took away Liam's mic, and then spent 2 minutes asking everyone if they were hype or happy. Please download our app to review us or something. Some guy also came up and took an american flag off the stage for some reason. Some other guy came up to check mics at some other point I think. It was just a bit weird. That was just the panel though. The other weird shit with momocon is the staff harassing cosplayers.

I don't even remember Liam doing that. The setup of the panel and them extending it made me think the con was better than average. Too bad about some of the other momocon bullshit and the weird interruptions.

Yeah, he definitely did that while she was talking, I think when it was clear she wasn't used to being up in front of crowds and asked everyone to review the con. I forget the exact moment, but I remember losing my shit when I saw it.

E the Shaggy

A few things:

1.) During the beginning of the Q&A portion, a random con organizer, and friend, took to the stage and in the middle of Liam talking, took the mic away from him. She asked how everyone was doing (normally, if a con worker takes a microphone, something horrible has happened, so everyone, myself included, at the panel were wondering what the hell was going on) and proceeded to inform us that it was very important that we download the convention app and give them a good rating. It was the absolute worst timing/weirdest shit and it was about as awkward as you'd think.

2.) Also during the Q&A, a guy in makeup walked up to the stage and stole the American flag. It was a callback apparently, but no one in the audience knew that and it went over as well as a lead balloon. Since the guy walked to the back of the stage, something you may not have picked up in the stream, there was a lot of banging and rustling, almost as if he was falling down multiple times. Super weird.

3.) People asking for autographs when the Best Friends said "We're not doing autographs at the panel".

Skrams

Yeah, he definitely did that while she was talking, I think when it was clear she wasn't used to being up in front of crowds and asked everyone to review the con. I forget the exact moment, but I remember losing my shit when I saw it.

XMUtxO7.gif

It hurt a lot more the second time rewatching it to make this gif.

Anung

Un Rama
Ahh panel awkwardness is always cringe. Panels do seem to attract a specific type of nut. Some really awkward moments during a lot of the Giant Bomb panels. So I guess congrats to the ziabatsu for reaching that level of fandom D: ;)

Ahh panel awkwardness is always cringe. Panels do seem to attract a specific type of nut. Some really awkward moments during a lot of the Giant Bomb panels. So I guess congrats to the ziabatsu for reaching that level of fandom D: ;)
Funny enough, the one time I did go to one of Giant Bomb's PAX Panel the QA section was not as cringe as I had expected it to be. But watching the recordings of all the other ones conditioned me to just skip all the audience questions from any panel and I checked out of this one as soon as it got to that.

MrHoot

Wasn't the lady who took the mic was just doing a test ? That's what I thought while watching live as she was always kinda gesturing and going "one..two"

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Stuttering Budman is always a treat.

I just wanna know if Pat and Woolie say Kos or Kosm?

its super important guys.

Kos
as in kosemose
edit:everyone get their Windows 10 notifications yet?
gonna have to invest in a backup usb drive or regular drive cause fuck redownloading over 100 steam games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom