• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 17: I don't have Bloodborne or Monster Hunter... Uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Best Friends Play Bloodborne (Part 48)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckj_P1hay-8

Keywords - Right hand, Rock, Shoes.

Yeah it'll definitely eat into next week.... Probably episode 52 conclusion.

That middle part though... No exaggeration, I was on the verge of yelling at the screen like a mad man.

tumblr_n4a57hQFKr1tzp4ufo1_500.gif

can someone message Pat?
someone made a mod that makes all quests in Witcher 3 give xp again
grayed out as well but better than nothing right?
need to free him from his MMO addiction

Lttp, but finally listened to the last podcast. Guilty Gear news sadly missing. Also, not sure why they decided to record the last segment in a contruction zone.

They were in Atlanta, though. What we needed was for him to be 200% more redneck.

"Y'all doin' some kinna radio thang? Yer not with KPP 109.9, are ya? Ah tell y'all whut, Ah love that thar Gooch and Hendy in tha mornin' show!"

Finally got to the Woolie the Liar stole my pie part of the DP LP. I was wondering why I saw a children's book about it...

Posting on SRK is worse than doing drugs? Huh. Also Pat you tell people to do crack tho.

Huh, neat. They did a great acting job.

Doesn't ruin it at all for me, but I can see how some people might be disappointed about that.
Same. That playthrough was the reason why I started following them in the first place. The other LPs they've done since have been great, but dammit I still want them to do more character action games.

Fucking man up and play God Hand.

I wonder if the best friends will go back to Momocon. Not just because of the interruption thing, but based on some of their other experiences (and who knows what they saw on the con floor).

We're halfway through this year but have the Best Friends mention anything about a "Best of 2014" vid yet?

Probably by 2017.

demidar

I wonder if the best friends will go back to Momocon. Not just because of the interruption thing, but based on some of their other experiences (and who knows what they saw on the con floor).

From what I've seen, Momocon this year has been a trainwreck in terms of publicity and organization. I wouldn't be surprised if they just dropped it for next year.

Edzi

is it really true that there mgr playthrough was faked ?

This is probably the only thing that ever really bothered me regarding SBFP in general. I LOVED that playthrough and their reactions in it, but learning that they essentially faked everything and kinda pretended like their reactions were genuine really rubbed me the wrong way. I used to always go back to watch their Revengeance finale video, but after finding out, I can't really say I ever wanna go back to that playthrough again. I just really hope that was a one time thing and they don't do that kind of stuff often, since they come off as really genuine guys.

I still really don't understand why they did it (or how they can so casually bring it up). They could have just said they beat the game and honestly given their thoughts on stuff instead of faking reactions.

Numb

Will be a bigger surprise if they did it this year than the next.
We are expecting it to be s late as possible.

From what I've seen, Momocon this year has been a trainwreck in terms of publicity and organization. I wouldn't be surprised if they just dropped it for next year.

What else happened other than the cosplayer harassment?

This is probably the only thing that really ever bothered me regarding SBFP in general. I LOVED that playthrough and their reactions in it, but learning that they essentially faked everything and kinda pretended like their reactions were genuine really rubbed me the wrong way. I used to always go back to watch their Revengeance finale video, but after finding out, I can't really say I ever wanna go back to that playthrough again. I just really hope that was a one time thing and they don't do that kind of stuff often, since the main reason I think their content is so good is because they come off as really genuine guys.

Uh... They were still super hype for MGR. Did you watch the Bayo 2 video? I don't doubt that while Matt and Pat might have played things up a bit, they were probably still pretty damn genuine in their reactions to things. There's also the DLC missions where they acted similarly hyped.

Plus it's a pretty gargantuan feat to want to go back and re-record an entire playthrough.

Ah, reminds me of this that I made back in thread 7.

MU3DVX0.gif

demidar

What else happened other than the cosplayer harassment?

Honestly most of it I just hear bits and pieces of, but basically the con is being forced to grow too fast. That security sexual harassment thing is just a symptom, another is that completely unprofessional incursion on the SBF panel by the lady trying to get people to rate up the con via an app (who the fuck thought that was even a remotely good idea?). Signs point to a negative trend.

Hope I'm wrong, but there are probably other, better run cons.

Anung

Un Rama
This is probably the only thing that ever really bothered me regarding SBFP in general. I LOVED that playthrough and their reactions in it, but learning that they essentially faked everything and kinda pretended like their reactions were genuine really rubbed me the wrong way. I used to always go back to watch their Revengeance finale video, but after finding out, I can't really say I ever wanna go back to that playthrough again. I just really hope that was a one time thing and they don't do that kind of stuff often, since they come off as really genuine guys.

I still really don't understand why they did it (or how they can so casually bring it up). They could have just said they beat the game and honestly given their thoughts on stuff instead of faking reactions.

Totally. I've been binge watching a lot of LP's recently (TEW, SH2, Downcoming, Parasite Eve) and MGS:R was on the list but I think I'll give it a miss. This is really disappointing and I never even had an inkling at the time. One of the reasons I enjoy these guys so much is due to how genuine they come off so hearing about them being disingenuous leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I understand why they do it and the pressure they were under by fans and because of the hype but it still sucks.

Edzi

Uh... They were still super hype for MGR. Did you watch the Bayo 2 video? I don't doubt that while Matt and Pat might have played things up a bit, they were probably still pretty damn genuine in their reactions to things. There's also the DLC missions where they acted similarly hyped.

Plus it's a pretty gargantuan feat to want to go back and re-record an entire playthrough.

Uh, what? Who said anything about re-recording? All they had to do was not pretend like they were playing blind. They can still be hype about something without pretending like they haven't played it, which is proven by a bunch of their other videos.

demidar

LPing a great game must suck because of the forced abstinence of playing by oneself to preserve the integrity of reactions.

Ah, I misread Matt's post. He put it in the same breath as needing to redo a section of Disaster so I had assumed that they meant they had to redo the playthrough. Whoops.

Still doesn't affect me. It's hype as fuck and they're goofy idiots like the rest of their playthroughs. It's weird that it rubs ya'll so badly.

Edzi

LPing a great game must suck because of the forced abstinence of playing by oneself to preserve the integrity of reactions.

I still don't get why they wanted to do a blind playthrough at all, or for BB of all games. They should have just played ahead themselves and done the LP afterwards if they still wanted to. Or at the very least, one of them should have played ahead to guide the LP. There's no real reason to force yourself to do a blind playthrough, especially when you're really hyped over the game and/or it might affect the quality of the LP (which I've only heard about, since I haven't watched it)

Ah, I misread Matt's post. He put it in the same breath as needing to redo a section of Disaster so I had assumed that they meant they had to redo the playthrough. Whoops.

Still doesn't affect me. It's hype as fuck and they're goofy idiots like the rest of their playthroughs. It's weird that it rubs ya'll so badly.

I genuinely think it's weird that it doesn't bother you, but yeah, doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things. :p

Bloodborne has been hard for Pat for this exact reason. Yo don't play the thing your hyped about. DON'T.

Bloodborne's hype wore down for me and I'm left trying to decipher what the fuck is going on in the story.

Calling that game Miyazaki's masterpiece is hyperbolic to say the least. Dark Souls still holds up.

demidar

Bloodborne has been hard for Pat for this exact reason. Yo don't play the thing your hyped about. DON'T.

Bloodbourne is a special case since they're swapping off the driver's seat every death. I think it's alright if a passenger plays through the game by himself, so that they can guide and smooth out the LP for the driver, though that mostly only works for older games.

Edzi

Bloodborne's hype wore down for me and I'm left trying to decipher what the fuck is going on in the story.

Calling that game Miyazaki's masterpiece is hyperbolic to say the least. Dark Souls still holds up.

Oh come on man, just because it didn't click with you doesn't mean it wasn't amazing. I think it's perfectly fair to say it was his/a masterpiece for some, it's just that (like most great games) it wasn't for everyone. The story was intentionally made very vague, but there is most definitely enough there to be insanely interesting for some people. I'd recommend watching Epic Name Bro's or VaatiVidya's BB videos if you're curious.

Anung

Un Rama
I genuinely think it's weird that it doesn't bother you, but yeah, doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things. :p

Same. I'm more surprised by people not caring especially with the way they frame their LP's and personalities

So like every Souls game? Bloodborne being vague isn't exactly a new thing for the series. Plus it fits in with the Lovecraftian angle of forbidden knowledge and things being outside of human understanding.

Whether it's the best Miyazaki game is up for debate. I'd say its just above Dark Souls and just below Demon's Souls. That's a personal choice though. There are things Dark Souls does better than Bloodborne and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom