• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 19 is done. Ragyo is so fucking unbelievably creepy, it's incredible. Is she Aaron's Stand?
Also,
Ryuko's rejecting Senketsu huh? Guess she has some spirit searching to do.

Dammit, I thought 18 was 17. What about 17? How did you feel about 17?
And since you had already guessed, how about the amazing over the top way it happened?

Squishy3

Episode 19 is done. Ragyo is so fucking unbelievably creepy, it's incredible. Is she Aaron's Stand?
Also,
Ryuko's rejecting Senketsu huh? Guess she has some spirit searching to do.
don't read if you want to be spoiled in an obscure way:
I AM ALL OF ME

Xiraiya

yo guys, what are some of your favourite anime movies?
I really haven't seen many "actual" anime movies, most never really interest me.
qFYvwH.jpg

However my girlfriend and I watched this and it's easily one of the better movies we've watched together.

It was really good.

I think the the second Gintama movie is one of the best non-Ghibli.
This.

Squishy3

I'm around the episode 50 mark. It's so good it really does get better and better
you don't know SHIT SON

I really haven't seen many "actual" anime movies, most never really interest me.
qFYvwH.jpg

However my girlfriend and I watched this and it's easily one of the better movies we've watched together.

It was really good.
Watch his other movies, which are in order:

Digimon the First Movie
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Summer Wars (also known as Digimon The First Movie with different characters, anyone who has watched both will get this)

Emouse

should probably say some of mine I guess, off the top of my head
and looking over my shoulder

Ghost in the Shell
Akira
Redline
Paprika?
Sky Crawlers

Dammit, I thought 18 was 17. What about 17? How did you feel about 17?
And since you had already guessed, how about the amazing over the top way it happened?
Episode 17 is totally the best episode of Kill La Kill. Like. Holy shit it's amazing. The quality just ramps the fuck up.
I think the people that watched it week to week especially loved 17.

sjack

Banned
yo guys, what are some of your favourite anime movies?

Redline-it's style over substance to the nth degree and I love it

End of Evangelion-Love it or hate it, this is a movie I'll never forget

Garden of Words-I mean look at this shit

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence-Underrated, in my opinion. Film was visually astounding and that whole sequence where Batou is stuck in multiple layers of virtual reality was awesome.

Cowboy Bebop The Movie-Basically more Cowboy Bebop with even better animation and awesome music i.e. exactly what I wanted

Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0-Rebuild films at their peak

Also, anything by Sateshi Kon (e.g. Perfect Blue, Tokyo Godfather, Paprika, Millenium Actress). The biggest lost to the anime industry and, in my opinion, far more talented and risque than Miyazaki has ever put out in his body of work.

EDIT: I also want to echo everyone that has mentioned Mamoru Hosoda's films.

Alfebit

Banned
Watch his other movies, which are in order:

Digimon the First Movie
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Summer Wars (also known as Digimon The First Movie with different characters, anyone who has watched both will get this)

I watched Summer Wars for the first time a couple months ago and all I could think was this is just the digimon movie.

Edit: Oops meant months.

Three chapters into El Shaddai. Man, I forgot just how FUCKING BEAUTIFUL this game is. Every chapter has got such a distinct surreal look to it.

Plus, the combat is pretty good, in fact I like it better now that I have had some more character action experience under my belt (I only got really into this genre in 2012 when I played Bayo 1 and the DMC games, several months after this game). It's got a nice rhythmic flow to it when you understand it, very similar to DMC 1 than it is 3. Timing is important, so don't expect tons of cancels or insane combos.

Squishy3

I watched Summer Wars for the first time a couple months ago and all I could think was this is just the digimon movie.
Well I mean it's not exactly the same but:

summer wars ending spoilers:
The final situation is basically the end of the Digimon Movie except it's a satellite instead of a nuke.

That's the one where I went crazy over the ending where
Satsuki betrays her mother
, remember? It is a fantastic episode! I like episode 18, but I don't have much to say about it.

Yeah, I skipped that page, I guess. I haven't been following very well since the MCC came out and I had something to play again.

Zenfalcia

I'm not even sure I can put my finger on it. All I know is that every time I play it, it's because "I guess I should play Freedom Wars, since I paid for it", rather than "I really want to play Freedom Wars because it's fun".

Hmm.. That's not a fun mentality to be playing a game. Is it the walking around that Liam criticized? or does the game seem very generic and lack lustre in terms of anything(story etc.).

Three chapters into El Shaddai. Man, I forgot just how FUCKING BEAUTIFUL this game is. Every chapter has got such a distinct surreal look to it.

Plus, the combat is pretty good, in fact I like it better now that I have had some more character action experience under my belt (I only got really into this genre in 2012 when I played Bayo 1 and the DMC games, several months after this game). It's got a nice rhythmic flow to it when you understand it, very similar to DMC 1 than it is 3. Timing is important, so don't expect tons of cancels or insane combos.
I just looked that up, holy shit I need this game. Thank you

I've never heard of this until now. That's really intriguing.
Spirited Away is super creepy. Only show that movie to children you hate.
It's dark, (but that really just makes kids like it more.)

I watched that movie like 7 months ago and I'm still messed up.

I'm thinking about watching some ghibili movie tonight. But I need to get new shit for LOCAL ANIME STORE

I remember enough of it, to want to rewatch it.

My parents also had me watch the ring(japanese version), spirited away, and i can't think of others right now..

All I remember is that something really bad happened cause my mom turned off the tv when watching grave of the fireflies. I know I watched spirited away as a kid and all I remembered was the train scene.

Zenfalcia

I'm thinking about watching some ghibili movie tonight. But I need to get new shit for LOCAL ANIME STORE

All I remember is that something really bad happened cause my mom turned off the tv when watching grave of the fireflies. I know I watched spirited away as a kid and all I remembered was the train scene.

Like what kind of stuff.

I'll rewatch them sometime, since i don't remember much.

This day has gone by in a flash.

So, since I was too busy with either my Liam, or my PC, how has your days been. My has been fantastic. Gonna make me Brinner, and watch the Bulls play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom