• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I want and FPS with some progression, something I can go back and replay on higher difficulties with perks and stuff unlocked for guns.

A New game plus but for FPS, I know it's a rather weird thing to ask for though...maybe being able to select your loadout at the start of each mission and upgrading guns and what not.

rainbow six 3 if you want something slow and tactical

360pages

Maybe I should try the Borderland series. Which game would you recommend 1 or 2. (I don't have a lot of money so I can't get the newest one)

Maybe I should try the Borderland series. Which game would you recommend 1 or 2. (I don't have a lot of money so I can't get the newest one)
2 is a much better designed game than the first, though most of your enjoyment will depend on if you have friends to play it with. Unless you're like me who has no problem playing games like these alone 'cause I'm weird.

In Borderlands, does each gun feels different like in EDF? I really like using my rapidfire sniper rifle and shotgun. Could you also turn Autoaiming off in the console version?
The guns fit the typical FPS archetypes (pistol, machine gun, sniper, rocket launcher, etc), though you have multiple ammo types that are like elemental effects, and then you have other minor additions like scopes or iron sights, and other cosmetic parts. Weapons are all supposed to be made of randomly generated gun parts.

Hell, 2 actually introduced a gun type that lets you throw the gun out as a grenade when you reload...and then it regenerates in your hands. Shit is ridiculous.

Zenfalcia

In Borderlands, does each gun feels different like in EDF? I really like using my rapidfire sniper rifle and shotgun. Could you also turn Autoaiming off in the console version?

There are some variants, but generally follow the same gun types. Some special weapons have a sniper that fires full auto, when zoomed in, revolvers that fire like a shotgun, shotgun that fires bullets in a wave pattern.

Zenfalcia

Depends on when you do the quests

Also, just started Dredd and this movie is awesome

I usually find better guns in a box. I found an amazing purple gun that was a revolver that shot 7 shells and had no damage penalty. It was glorious well past the required level to use it.

That's cool.

Is it me or does the korra LP not seem like a fun LP to watch for more than a few episodes? It just reminds me of guacamelee, pressing the x x x and the y y y. This might seem harsh, and it probably is. It would a lot more enjoyable if i played the game myself.

I usually find better guns in a box. I found an amazing purple gun that was a revolver that shot 7 shells and had no damage penalty. It was glorious well past the required level to use it.

That's cool.

Is it me or does the korra LP not seem like a fun LP to watch for more than a few episodes? It just reminds me of guacamelee, pressing the x x x and the y y y. This might seem harsh, and it probably is. It would a lot more enjoyable if i played the game myself.

Well all you do in korra is press those 2 buttons over and over again so you might be on to something. Lets see if it gets better next episode.

360pages

That's cool.

That's action games as a whole, it doesn't help that Korra is a meh one.

They are more good for one-shots or a cut playthough where there are massive cuts and what not. It worked for revengance since the quality was both high and a short game. It probably would work for a DMC or Bayo game since missions are short and they could knock out 2-3 on each part.

Korra doesn't have enough interesting local and areas for a full playthough and still talk about a lot of stuff in it.

Dumbass are you trying to get him killed? It's way worse in there when it's foggy out here!

But if he's savvy enough to accept his shadow right away, he can fight the shadows so good and become the coolest and the strongest
l6EyH0U.png
SDz4Nha.png

C8ee8cF.png
5aZiRdY.png

Is the P4G anime worth a full watch? I was really hyped up for it during the tease. I really wanted to see the new animations since the teaser looked so good.

Then I actually got heavily disappointed with the animation since they cut corners and just used CGI in the most obvious places. Then Marie came along and her character goes from tsundere bitch to stoic and calm in between the scenes before the OP and the actual episode.

Is there anything nice to see in the P4A anime?

Zenfalcia

That's action games as a whole, it doesn't help that Korra is a meh one.

They are more good for one-shots or a cut playthough where there are massive cuts and what not. It worked for revengance since the quality was both high and a short game. It probably would work for a DMC or Bayo game since missions are short and they could knock out 2-3 on each part.

Korra doesn't have enough interesting local and areas for a full playthough and still talk about a lot of stuff in it.

It doesn't. It also doesn't have movement options, i found myself really bored when they were just wandering around, slowly. I really like how the combat looks, but man.. Me not knowing anything about korra and the down times between fights, is no fun.

360pages

Is the P4G anime worth a full watch? I was really hyped up for it during the tease. I really wanted to see the new animations since the teaser looked so good.

Then I actually got heavily disappointed with the animation since they cut corners and just used CGI in the most obvious places. Then Marie came along and her character goes from tsundere bitch to stoic and calm in between the scenes before the OP and the actual episode.

The first Anime is alright for those who don't want to play a 70 hour RPG, they did the best they could for a 26 episode series and it's okay not amazing but a decent adaptation.

The golden anime is straight garbage, even taken as a side anime it makes no sense and its clearly for those who have played the first game, but didn't want to look up the new content on youtube.

ultimax

I like the P4 anime a lot. The P4G anime is just a bunch of social link events and the slice of life story events with Marie thrown into them

360pages

It doesn't. It also doesn't have movement options, i found myself really bored when they were just wandering around, slowly. I really like how the combat looks, but man.. Me not knowing anything about korra and the down times between fights, is no fun.

Even if you knew about Korra there is little to no fanservice for the series in the game,outside of maybe a few costumes. The animation is rough, but it is a 15$ budget game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom