• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can say that about any fanbase though

even us
* considers rule 63 pictures of Zaibatsu *
OHHHHH NOOOOOOOOO
It's weird that a childern's show about cartoon ponies has become such a taboo. Well, it's not that weird when you look at the fanbase.
I don't wanna keep this topic alive, but it's really strange how it affects kids shows today that catch on with adults. Gravity Falls suffers from it slightly, but the MLP fanbase attracted some people that somehow generated intense ire in a relatively short period of time. Furries and stuff took years, but the MLP fanbase was really loud, and temporarily way way too popular.
i unironically love it this is the silliest best shit
look at this sick motorcycle he just got that can go 500 km/h]
I need to watch more Kamen Rider...

Squishy3

THIS MOTHERFUCKER JUST GOT OFF HIS MOTORCYCLE TO CHASE AFTER A BABY CARRIAGE ON FOOT JESUS CHRIST YOU HAVE A MOTORCYCLE COME ON MAN

OH NO IT WAS THE LOBSTER MUTANT

JoJo94

T
DAT AVATAR. Be careful, bish is lurking.

He is? Hi bish! what up?

It's fine. He probably lived in Plague country when he was a kid. He probably didn't have cable/satellite.

His only source of entertainment was hunting bear...with his bare hands, and everytime he caught one he whispered git gud in their ears and let him go. Whenever he goes back into the country the bears bow down to him and respect him as there king.

I love doing this.

One of the best shows of the 90s

3092074-pizzacatsvitorypose.png

These cats are better

I don't wanna keep this topic alive, but it's really strange how it affects kids shows today that catch on with adults. Gravity Falls suffers from it slightly, but the MLP fanbase attracted some people that somehow generated intense ire in a relatively short period of time. Furries and stuff took years, but the MLP fanbase was really loud, and temporarily way way too popular.

MLP combined a lot of things that were already hated. 1. Kids shows. 2. Furries. 3. Anime inspired character designs. 4. Popular.

JoJo94

What's happening!?
I'm starting to really like Gamagoori and I can't explain why!

He is always lurking.
Nah, he just visited once for a special occasion.

OH I might be able to say this for sure you'll like 3/4 of the elite.

I know I just like the idea of being incredibly nice to the person people are afraid of whether joking or not.

Agent York

Neo Member
damit someone find the CoroCoro leaker and threaten to chop their balls off if they dont leak already
i want my reveals damit
^ so much. I want at least a taste of the more inevitable Megas. I wanna just feel how the meta is gonna change with all these new things and returning move tutors.

Squishy3

What Kamen Riders have you seen? Black seems really over the top.
Black is the only one I've watched. I don't regret it, it's fucking great.

He shows up at whatever weird bullshit is happening and will tell people "THIS IS THE PLOT OF GOLGOM" like he expects them to know what Golgom is.

he's also slowly amassing a harem of motorcycles

My adoration of the character seems to almost grow with every character. Whether it be
him listening to Mako's ranting about pajama's, him driving a pink car and giving Ryuko/Mako a ride or the new revelation of him being into some serious S&M (which...doesn't surprise me for some reason)
, every time he manages to become more awesome.

Just keep watching. It's going to get even better.

JoJo94

Shippings huh?

I'm already liking those that had their share in the spotlight Gamagoori is fucking awesome and Sanageyama's episode was pretty fucking cool as well. The remaining ones are a bit unknown to like/dislike at the moment.

Just ignore them if possible lol

Yeah, Gamagoori kind of came out of nowhere in my opinion when I started liking him as a character.

Black is the only one I've watched. I don't regret it, it's fucking great.

He shows up at whatever weird bullshit is happening and will tell people "THIS IS THE PLOT OF GOLGOM" like he expects them to know what Golgom is.

he's also slowly amassing a harem of motorcycles

I don't think a lot of the modern Kamen Riders could compare with the over the top action that black has. The modern ones are a lot more drama which I really love in comparison with the action.

I should go watch the Showas after I'm done with the modern ones.

Squishy3

I wanna watch Kamen Rider now. Somebody tell me which one to watch. I loved W and started and disliked Decade. I'm like 2 episodes into Gaim.
I'm new to Kamen Rider in that so far I've only watched 13 episodes of Black but I am really digging it. It's silly as shit. The intro is also hype as hell and is sung by the person who plays Black: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drtndv4024k

I don't think a lot of the modern Kamen Riders could compare with the over the top action that black has. The modern ones are a lot more drama which I really love in comparison with the action.

I should go watch the Showas after I'm done with the modern ones.
Black just has that silly late 80s drama. It's serious but it isn't afraid to be silly at the same time. They play the silly plots to take over the world completely straight and that's why I dig it.

I guess I could afford to give KLK another chance. This time, I'll try my best to ignore the art and animation, character design, and simply focus on the show.

Just ignore them if possible lol

Yeah, Gamagoori kind of came out of nowhere in my opinion when I started liking him as a character.

It's kind of amazing how the show can make you go from "oh man fuck this guy" to "YOOOOOOOO THIS FUCKING GUY THOUGH"

I wanna watch Kamen Rider now. Somebody tell me which one to watch. I loved W and started and disliked Decade. I'm like 2 episodes into Gaim.

I really liked Kabuto. It's essentially if Kamina had a love child with Jotaro and he was a Kamen Rider. Oh, and they constantly have sick cook offs because food is a big part of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom