• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

Got mah hdmi splitter hooked up. This thing is awesome. Now all my consoles are going to a single input on my TV (input 2) so when I switch off from the PC to that input it just auto detects and pipes through whatever console is on. No more 4 input switching and still having to switch cables between the PS3 and PSTV.

What a wonderful age we live in! So what took so long to get it/set it up?

Got mah hdmi splitter hooked up. This thing is awesome. Now all my consoles are going to a single input on my TV (input 2) so when I switch off from the PC to that input it just auto detects and pipes through whatever console is on. No more 4 input switching and still having to switch cables between the PS3 and PSTV.

pats wheres the video?
its usually up 8pm on the dot
also do a Binding of Isaac Rebirth LP with Liam pls

Nice. Kinda want one now that you mention it. Constantly swapping HDMI between my Wii U, PS3, and PC is such a pain.

pats wheres the video?
its usually up 8pm on the dot
also do a Binding of Isaac Rebirth LP with Liam pls

No second video for today. Technical issues with some of our gear have held it up. Should be two tomorrow tho.

Hey man, haven't seen you in a while =P.
Maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly (read about it a long time ago), but don't hdmi splitters somehow fuck with the image quality regardless of how you use it?

You're right! It's an HDMI switcher, not splitter. My bad.

I think that's Double.
Oh I know, I watched W and loved it, I just know there's another series where he works with the police and stops crime. Drive does that too, apparently.
It doesn't affect image quality? I haven't looked into any splitters from recent years.
Edit: Ah, gotcha. That's cool.
No second video for today. Technical issues with some of our gear have held it up. Should be two tomorrow tho.
Aww. That sucks. Looking forward to the podcast.

You're right! It's an HDMI switcher, not splitter. My bad.
darth-vader-noooo-o.gif

Yo this sounds super convenient. I'll have to look into one when I have more things needing to be hooked up

But have you found headphones splitters instead of you just using one earbud each?

welp i guess after i watch last nights episode of Walking Dead
nows a good a time as any to finally start reading Ippo
^i hate sports though Glass

Man I wouldn't want their recording setup to devolve into DSPs recording setups.

Now that I think about it, wouldn't camera phones for tiger direct games be better than DSPs setup?
Honestly, I don't know how DSP's video quality is so shit tier.

It's like he has the reverse Midas touch. Everything he touches turns to poop.

But have you found headphones splitters instead of you just using one earbud each?

They should actually look into that. It'll be super useful.

We're using a mono converter into an extension audio cable into splitters now, actually. Converts the game into mono audio and then splits it to one left earbud each on each of our headphones, so we can keep one ear free to hear each other but don't run into the Last of Us weirdness where we couldn't hear one channel.

Ah I see. Much better, as those tend to be much more reliable. Does it have its own PSU or is it one of those passive types? Finally, which two devices are you planning on connecting to it exactly? If I recall correctly, some/all have a certain "lowest common denominator" issue where it will apply the lowest image settings out of those devices to the output of every other device. Not sure if that has changed.

Older devices can encounter HDCP issues, but that shouldn't be the case anymore.

I have the PS4/3/TV and WiiU hooked up and it auto-detects all their resolutions properly, has no hdcp issues and switches between active inputs seamlessly. If more than one active input is detected, whichever was activated most recently gains priority and then it'll switch back when that one turns off.

I have the PS4/3/TV and WiiU hooked up and it auto-detects all their resolutions properly, has no hdcp issues and switches between active inputs seamlessly. If more than one active input is detected, whichever was activated most recently gains priority and then it'll switch back when that one turns off.

Pat i want a straight answer
do any of you guys besides Liam give a shit about The Binding of Isaac Rebirth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom