• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more that you need a personality and a fan base that understands the kind of person you are so they'll come to you regardless of what type of content you're putting out.

Definitely this, ENB and Plague's fanbases know what they're in for, in addition to them becoming comfortable with the format with practice.

The best breakfast food is goetta, and none of you know what that is, because it's only made in the Cincinnati area.

I wish my German teacher showed me this when we did the food unit. It looks really good.
20130926-263971-Goetta-Raposo.jpg

I've never seen this despite the many Germans that live in Texas.

Xiraiya

Pat and Woolie talking about footsteps, it occurs to me that I always expect too much from games, because my instinct is to be as quiet as possible when nearing behind an enemy, so if I'm playing something where that doesn't matter, I end up wondering why not because I assumed it would matter, rather than assume a game would never do that, like they do.

This is why I like my indepth RPGs.

Pat and Woolie talking about footsteps, it occurs to me that I always expect too much from games, because my instinct is to be as quiet as possible when nearing behind an enemy, so if that doesn't matter, I wonder why not because I assumed it would matter, rather than assume a game would never do that, like they do.

This is why I like my indepth RPGs.

Honestly all I could think of when they were talking about that was that the game is likely just lowering detection range when you use things like spells that quiet your footsteps.

Ruining the illusion for myself all day erryday.

Xiraiya

Honestly all I could think of when they were talking about that was that the game is likely just lowering detection range when you use things like spells that quiet your footsteps.
Ruining the illusion for myself all day erryday.

My need to dig around files and change/mod random things in games never breaks the illusion for me, I still enjoy it just the same even when I know better.

"They did this so it would feel like this to the player, that's really awesome."

Xiraiya

I'll probably ask that with every Darksouls video. I'm just tired of watching Woolie fuck up the same way over and over.

What do you mean? he's been relatively fine, the only fuck up I've really seen is him roll or swing himself off an edge, which is something that happens to everyone at some point.

What do you mean? he's been relatively fine, the only fuck up I've really seen is him roll or swing himself off an edge, which is something that happens to everyone at some point.

Drop into hole > Attack one knight (I don't know DS enough to name them sorry) > get shit pushed in by other knight.

Or at the start of this DLC where he aggro'd the entire group at the start and kept getting shot by the arrows, kept taking swings at the guys while their attacks were winding up despite Pat repeatedly telling him how high the poise was on them.

Zenfalcia

Late replies, but whatever.

And if those combos aren't sick kirino imouto combos, them they aren't worth doing!
what am I even saying

What were you even thinking when you typed this?

What kind of combos?

Sick wheelchair combos.

Our release date was bumped by a week. At least the shaft isn't as long as it was before.

This is what you 'Mericans need
It's still their, except it's not as bad as Atlus EU's shafting.

Drop into hole > Attack one knight (I don't know DS enough to name them sorry) > get shit pushed in by other knight.

Or at the start of this DLC where he aggro'd the entire group at the start and kept getting shot by the arrows, kept taking swings at the guys while their attacks were winding up despite Pat repeatedly telling him how high the poise was on them.

While a lot of it is on Woolie's end for panicking in the middle of a tense situation, it's also Pat giving him the "best" way to do it and it's causing conflicts where Pat's trying to tell Woolie how he should be playing the game instead of letting him tackle things in his own way first before attempting Pat's way.

Zenfalcia

Guys can't we all just get along?

Is it wrong to say I'm hungry?

Time to research and eat some breakfast.

Oh man speaking of hungry I had the fortunate opportunity to get some Moe's yesterday.

There are not Chipotles in my area before you take out your pitchforks.

I think anime has ruined me. When i see moe i think of the japanese pronounciation...

What's moe's?

Speaking of food.. i should eat some.

Xiraiya

Ah, yeah, oh well, I'd be annoyed if he was just being dismissive and just running through everything ignoring stuff and doing that wimpy "I CAN'T THINK I DON'T KNOW- WHAT SHHH LET ME THINK" bullshit.

That kind of stuff annoys me, him just getting into sticky situations, not so much, it happens.

I know how it is, I cleaned out Bell Tower and beaten pretty much every Invader I've had in my game and haven't even had to do multiple attempts on any bosses so far, I still get into situations like that on occasion by accident, but then again I built myself in a way where that's fine for me

Woolie could play better, mainly I think he should have went Sword/shield. Rather than being slow and defenseless, he just doesn't naturally play that way even though they insist on that build.

Ah, yeah, oh well, I'd be annoyed if he was just being dismissive and just running through everything ignoring stuff and doing that wimpy "I CAN'T THINK I DON'T KNOW- WHAT SHHH LET ME THINK" bullshit.

Oh my god I almost raged out of those videos where he said that because it's such a... You can't do that in Dark Souls from what I've experienced. There isn't a whole lot of stop and think.

He got cocky doing a two handed in one boss fight and I don't think he really actually learned it.

Xiraiya

Oh my god I almost raged out of those videos where he said that because it's such a... You can't do that in Dark Souls from what I've experienced. There isn't a whole lot of stop and think.

He got cocky doing a two handed in one boss fight and I don't think he really actually learned it.

I usually find plenty of time to stop and scope out an area or a particular spot before progressing, but then again I don't really understand how someone can be doing nothing and also be so flustered.

Like if he got flustered while dodging between 3 or 4 enemies blasting at him at once, fine, but if he's just standing there looking at something and being like "Uhhh I dunno man" it's like what, you're not even in immediate danger, how fucking slow is your brain for you to be doing that, and if that's not the case, you're clearly not in the mindset to be playing if too many other things are on your mind.

Zenfalcia

I usually find plenty of time to stop and scope out an area or a particular spot before progressing, but then again I don't really understand how someone can be doing nothing and also be so flustered.

Like if he got flustered while dodging between 3 or 4 enemies blasting at him at once, fine, but if he's just standing there looking at something and being like "Uhhh I dunno man" it's like what, you're not even in immediate danger, how fucking slow is your brain for you to be doing that, and if that's not the case, you're clearly not in the mindset to be playing if too many other things are on your mind.
I find it annoying when Woolie always thinks about the video and trying to make it entertaining, which results in him trying to scum it out. The crossbow is destroying the LP and pat shouldn't warn him as much about enemies. Like the exploding enemies would've been cooler if woolie learned through trial and error. He should just play the game and edit when necessary. I havent caught up to recent videos, and i dont know if that's changed in anyway.

Man I wish there was a ps4 version for that. But still nothing can beat sick imouto kirino combos!

Just wait until P5 comes out! When it does the Japanese players will rush to get it and PS4s so that they will start to make a PS4 version.

I kinda them want a FNF for DBC and UNIB. It would be so hype if they did Kirino mirror matches!

Zenfalcia

You need to get some Under Night In birth to get it out of your system. DBC<UNIB.

Dat hilda tech is sooo dirty.. people arent dashing when she does the really slow overhead.

Their Moe Mondays deal have larges for ~8 bucks+chips+drink. So it's a good deal to do on occasion.
That's pretty good compared to other places. Maybe i'm just really stringent on my spending.. since i could make a similar but worst version for a lot less..

I find it annoying when Woolie always thinks about the video and trying to make it entertaining, which results in him trying to scum it out. The crossbow is destroying the LP and pat shouldn't warn him as much about enemies. Like the exploding enemies would've been cooler if woolie learned through trial and error. He should just play the game and edit when necessary. I havent caught up to recent videos, and i dont know if that's changed in anyway.

To be fair though. The enemy placement in a lot of DS2 encourages crossbow scumming just because running in there for those situations is basically automatic suicide. DS1 had the problem significantly less because the enemy design/placement was actually good enough to encourage fighting instead of scumming.

DS1 has enemies that won't aggro to you unless you're really close to them, while other enemies in the same room aggro to you as soon as you step in the room. And usually those enemies are tough enough where 1v1 them is still a challenge.

Zenfalcia

To be fair though. The enemy placement in a lot of DS2 encourages crossbow scumming just because running in there for those situations is basically automatic suicide. DS1 had the problem significantly less because the enemy design/placement was actually good enough to encourage fighting instead of scumming.

But that's what the giant sword is for right? Berserk style clearing of enemies with a giant slab of metal. Also, it wouldnt be a problem if he got gud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom