• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't ask how many continues this one took (look at me, pretending anyone cares). God, fuck this game. I love this game.
Singleplayer SNK fighting game bullshit bosses are something you can only fathom through your own blood, sweat, and tears.
To be honest, I haven't played that one.

I'm fighting someone named Kenpachi in Ultimax. Lol.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Also Charlotte is kinda best SamSho girl.
Iroha a shit

RC6OBlW.jpg

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Singleplayer SNK fighting game bullshit bosses are something you can only fathom through your own blood, sweat, and tears.
To be honest, I haven't played that one.
You should look up the boss they created for the Kof' collection. His flash kick combo does like 1/3 of your health.

I hope Pat sees my reply about the map pieces.

And I've learned that EB Games is sending me my Smash bundle unbundled. Which isn't the fucking reason why I gave them my money.

BOY.... I was at EB Games yesterday... Playstation TV is REALLY tempting you guys. maybe I should get Freedom Wars with PS TV instead of Dragon Age.

Personally:

Liam TV is love. Liam TV is life.

What's the deal with Dragon Age?

Is it supposed to be this big IP I'm supposed to be hype for?

It doesn't look the least bit interesting to me.

*shrugs*

Am I missing out?

I hope Pat sees my reply about the map pieces.

And I've learned that EB Games is sending me my Smash bundle unbundled. Which isn't the fucking reason why I gave them my money.

How? When I went to Gamestop, the bundle is in a single box with the game, GC controller, and the adapter. It's supposed to be that way in NA, I think.

Demo D shared a cool animation (NSFW)

Japanese
Too
Many
Cooks?
eh somewhat similar

edit: click the video before scrolling down
Boy that was kinda sad
I think I will buy a vita next month.
So I have some questions
- I don't have ps+, is it still good deal without?
- I dislike buying digital games, is this still a machine for me?
- are those "lewd games" actually good?
- I need a list of games I should buy
- Am I doing a huge mistake?
Here's the list of games I want
Senran Kagura SV & EV
Golden
VLR
Muramasa
Freedom Wars
Danganronpa 1&2
Niddhog
Soul Sac Delta
Akiba's Trip
Other people will probably make better suggestions since I don't actually have one either

croten

Personally:

*shrugs*

Am I missing out?

How? When I went to Gamestop, the bundle is in a single box with the game, GC controller, and the adapter. It's supposed to be that way in NA, I think.

Dragon age had one good game, if this doesn't look good to you then you wont miss much

Personally:

*shrugs*

Am I missing out?

Dragon Age is a Decent Western RPG. I love it. Everything I seen of Inquisition so far looks great and might be the best AAA game of this year & it's the only game that doesn't look disappointing . Good Job Bioware :)

Dragon Age is a Decent Western RPG. I love it. Everything I seen of Inquisition so far looks great and might be the best AAA game of this year & it's the only game that doesn't look disappointing . Good Job Bioware :)

Best AAA game of the year?

PSHHHHHHHH

Sonic Boom is the best AAA GOTY :)

Alien:Isolation if I have anything to say about it.

I ordered it online. They sent me an email with tracking information and it lists two packages

Man, that sucks. Hopefully you receive it this weekend.

I need to body some Frienders and Patrick this weekend.

Best AAA game of the year?
PSHHHHHHHH
Sonic Boom is the best AAA GOTY :)
Alien:Isolation if I have anything to say about it.

Man, that sucks. Hopefully you receive it this weekend.
I need to body some Frienders and Patrick this weekend.

Bayonetta 2, Smash, Mario Kart 8 and Tropical Freeze aren't AAA?
One package is on its way, I just hope it's not the adapter.

Man, I can't sign into PSN store or webpage or console, ever since I changed my password over the supposed PSN leak. Ugh.

Everyone's jumping on that Project Diva F 2nd
Did you see my reply about the map pieces?

Dragon Age Origins was a great tactical party based RPG, probably one of my favourites of the last generation, I am hearing good things about Inquisition but people were positive about sit mountain when it first came out as well and as much as I doubt they would pull that bullshit again EA has done nothing but piss me off for years so I'll probably just look up what happens with
The Grey Warden and Morigan
from the DLC from the first game and skip Inquisition all together

that would be ironicly awful, I'm getting the game and the controller but not the adapter today according to the shipping notes

Wait, another PSN hack? fuck

I never said they weren't.

I'm just really surprised at the job Creative Assembly did with the license.

MK, Smash, Bayo, and DKC; I knew they were already quality games. Isolation came out of nowhere with a unknown team.

I WAS JUST JOKING ABOUT BULLET GIRLS DON'T BUY THAT SHIT.

The best thing about that game was the announcement/trailer topic. All them reaction gifs always get me.

How did the Vita get this reputation for weird Japanese niche games?

Senran-something(big boob ninjas 6) doesn't seem like the type of game that would make it past SCEA approval.

The only people that bought a Vita were the otakus, and they're the only ones who buy the pervy games. I'm just glad said games are mostly kept to the vita, so everyone wins.

If there's multiplayer I challenge BestGAF to it

Unfortunately it does have competitive multiplayer...

Senran-something(big boob ninjas 6) doesn't seem like the type of game that would make it past SCEA approval.

Something something
Powerful item yet small and portable
I believe that the PSP also had weird games like that.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

It's a niche platform with a smaller, Japan-centric consumer base that happened to match those tastes. Once a few titles sold, developers started gravitating there.

Also, Senran Kagura is way better than the majority of the games released this year. Also, need I remind you that it started on a Nintendo platform.

Unfortunately it does have competitive multiplayer...

Something something
Powerful item yet small and portable
I believe that the PSP also had weird games like that.

Well the PSP had Lumines and LocoRoco, two games I can't get enough of <3

Plus, if you were lucky to have a PSP-1000, the ability to put homebrew on as well.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Since I've been fighting him all day, let me take a minute to talk about this motherfucker right here. Demon Gaoh.

This motherfucker right here.

There's so much "SNK Boss Syndrome" to this guy I can't even describe it all. So I'll just mention the big shit that kills you the most often.

- His goddamn command grab that does nearly a quarter of your life in damage.
- His standing strong slash that can hit you almost halfway across the screen.
- His "flame sweep" move that hits multiple times, can't be jumped, and has a nearly half screen range.
- And worst of fucking all, his super. I can't put into words how badly I hate his super. It's basically Bison's Super Psycho Crusher from Alpha 3, except Gaoh rides A GODDAMN FLAMING DEMON HORSE across the screen. And if it hits you? About a third of your life is gone, AND your weapon breaks. And without your weapon, you're basically useless. You might as well consider the round a loss if you get hit with this at any time, since it takes a good 10 seconds on the game clock for the ref to throw you a new weapon, and then getting to it and picking it up without getting murdered is a fucking challenge in itself.
- But that's not the worst thing. Oh no. The worst thing is how Gaoh can pull this fucking super off at nearly any time. Get hit by his flame sweep? He can combo out of that into his super. Get blocked? He can super you before you return to neutral stance. Meaning that ANY BLOCKED NON-PROJECTILE ATTACK is an invitation to get run over by that fucking horse. Did you jump for any reason? FUCKING SUPER. THERE'S NO AIR BLOCKING IN THIS GAME.
- So to sum it up, jumping, getting blocked, or getting hit by the flame sweep are basically invitations for Gaoh to murder the shit outta you. So the only time you can do things without worry is when he doesn't have full meter. Sounds reasonable enough, right? KEVINSPACEYWRONG.GIF. Demon Gaoh wouldn't be an SNK boss if his super meter didn't charge at a completely ludicrous rate. And oh boy, does it. At least 3x faster than the player's, if not faster than that. He's so rarely not at full meter that you might as well just assume he always is.

So basically, this motherfucker can kill you at any goddamn time he chooses. Your only hope, like with most SNK bosses, is to find some way to exploit his AI patterns and pray he doesn't decide to hit you with that damn super. I hate this fucker so much.

That said, HOLY FUCK HIS INTRO IS THE COOLEST GODDAMN THING. HNNNNG THAT MUSIC. THAT ANNOUNCER. THAT PICTURE. HE'S STOMPING THE FUCKING DEVIL INTO SUBMISSION. MAKAI DAI-FUCKING-KESSEN, YOU SHITS.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So basically, this motherfucker can kill you at any goddamn time he chooses. Your only hope, like with most SNK bosses, is to find some way to exploit his AI patterns and pray he doesn't decide to hit you with that damn super. I hate this fucker so much.

For some reason, I really like getting destroyed by SNK bosses. It uses you as a stepping stone to establish just how awesome the character is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom