• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

Look into seeing if you could make it a thread separate from Manga GAF

WHATEVER DO YOU MEAN

Funny thing is, as much as my avatar represents my "personality", I love a good story and a sucker for romance and drama.

Zen could always just make the thread in Community, away from mod eyes.

It'd be hard for other people to see it then too, among the other active OT Communities, but yeah.

I'd ask a mod first before i do anything.. Or even make a post of it in the mangaGaf for opinions.

That's what i was thinking. I dont know if it would gain any traction though.

I'll hang there as well, but you'd probably want rules up front on if a doujin is NSFW, like saying you should tag any NSFW talk and never directly embed any images.
I'll leave it up to you as far as seeing where this goes.

Zenfalcia

I would join... I actually like some of the nonlewd ones like kill living beings from P3

I'll bring it up to a mod or something when I have the time.

If you don't focus on the lewd doujins, you should be okay.

Too close to MangaGaf, tho.

That's the idea, it'll still be there. I don't know how well it'll go. Since doujins can also be spin offs of main series and not everyone likes those.

That it is.. but it's also very different, since it'll have to have really strict rules to not over lap with MangaGaf.. It'll also have some of the lewd. How could it not?

Anyways.. It's just an idea of an OT I thought of.. Assuming it doesn't already exist.

I'll hang there as well, but you'd probably want rules up front on if a doujin is NSFW, like saying you should tag any NSFW talk and never directly embed any images.
I'll leave it up to you as far as seeing where this goes.

It's still an idea, i don't even know if it'll even be allowed. I'll think of some ideas to try to make it work..

Zen, you can't leave.

Who else is going to make lewd remarks with me?

Someone out there will. ;_; In all seriousness the bestgaf crack is too strong to stop now.

Um.. so the super best friends are a thing right?

So where the fuck do I find my friend code so I can Smash my fellow frienders?

I want to Smash all of you.

Wii U uses NNID, so it's just a gamertag, not a dumb friend code. The OP has a link to the doc where we all have our IDs, but I'll edit it into my post in a sec
There, quote to reveal

That's the idea, it'll still be there. I don't know how well it'll go. Since doujins can also be spin offs of main series and not everyone likes those.

That it is.. but it's also very different, since it'll have to have really strict rules to not over lap with MangaGaf.. It'll also have some of the lewd. How could it not?

Anyways.. It's just an idea of an OT I thought of.. Assuming it doesn't already exist.

MangaGaf can get away with posting lewd, as long as it's tagged properly, and the picture isn't embedded. That's the first sign of good news.

Honestly, it's not a completely terrible OT idea, compared to the buckloads of shit we got in OT Community. I reckon there are often doujin readers on the site to keep it alive, and there is more than enough SFW doujins to post. I would still ask a mod first.

While you guys were playing the inferior wiiu version Iiiiii was busy playing the superior 3ds version of smash and it had blackjack and hookers and I had a lot of fun with a bunch of strangers
ohohohohohoohoh
im so lonely ;-;

ultimax

While you guys were playing the inferior wiiu version Iiiiii was busy playing the superior 3ds version of smash and it had blackjack and hookers and I had a lot of fun with a bunch of strangers
ohohohohohoohoh
im so lonely ;-;

509.gif

So to get the reward for the first event, beat the fight without taking damage. In a 1v2...while one of the opponents is bowser who keeps spamming fire. I don't think getting the rewards will be worth it...

Zenfalcia

MangaGaf can get away with posting lewd, as long as it's tagged properly, and the picture isn't embedded. That's the first sign of good news.

Honestly, it's not a completely terrible OT idea, compared to the buckloads of shit we got in OT Community. I reckon there are often doujin readers on the site to keep it alive, and there is more than enough SFW doujins to post. I would still ask a mod first.

I've never been on MangaGaf enough to see the non embedded lewd stuff.

I bet there are some MangaGaf readers who also read doujins. Although it'll most likey take some of the MangaGaf people away.

Both?

I wouldn't wanna use all the scripting stuff so I would just use images like the the VN OT.

Oh, I wanted to make it and also use all the scripting stuff. :p

ultimax

So to get the reward for the first event, beat the fight without taking damage. In a 1v2...while one of the opponents is bowser who keeps spamming fire. I don't think getting the rewards will be worth it...

im glad those online matches counted for the character unlocks. i only need that damn duck hunt dog and i'll have everyone

I think so, but only for very specific game modes. In fact, I haven't even found a game mode where it actually works. I think its maybe just for brawls.

Check the upper right of the character select screen. It'll let you know if you can use custom characters. I think they're usable in Classic and Event and some other non-Smash modes but not All Star

Check the upper right of the character select screen. It'll let you know if you can use custom characters. I think they're usable in Classic and Event and some other non-Smash modes but not All Star

Event doesn't really make sense though since you can't even choose a character, but I'll check the other modes.

Edit: special orders it does work for now that I check.

I think so, but only for very specific game modes. In fact, I haven't even found a game mode where it actually works. I think its maybe just for brawls.
Its worth it then
If it ever goes into OT2 you can make the second one and i guess we could alternate? I doubt it will go very fast since it's not a community just people liking the same thing.
Alright PM me what you recommend for Doujins
yay new thread for me to invade
Wait until we make it first!

Xux

Bought a Wii U Pro Controller with Smash. What a good controller. The game's amazing, too. I love how much there is to do besides actually playing especially with no Spot Smash challenges, lol.

Also, loved this week's FNF and The Fall looks pretty cool.

Zenfalcia

REtake isn't safe for work... It's really good as an expansion to the EVA multiverse.

Oh.. Ok..

Mm.. So it looks like other people died in bed.. or peaced out..

Bought a Wii U Pro Controller with Smash. What a good controller. The game's amazing, too. I love how much there is to do besides actually playing especially with no Spot Smash challenges, lol.

Also, loved this week's FNF and The Fall looks pretty cool.

Is it better than the gamecube controller? Assuming you've used it before.

Zenfalcia

I would back the physical copies. I need some actual physical VNs due to most of mine are obtained via bundles. I want to display my collection.

edit: I found a Kamen Riderx Madoka doujin...

Mmmm.. I'm so tempted to, but i want to get other games too.. It's not like i'll gain much from backing it unless it's sold at the retail price of a game.

Nice.

I would buy a smash bros soundtrack. Mostly because the soundtrack is just a best of Nintendo soundtrack.

Which one? Brawl, melee, Wii U or N64.

Are they planning to release it outside of the promo? I really wanna buy it...
I guessing you didnt get the 3DS version? And im guessing, they had a soundtrack for Mario Galaxy didnt they? I would expect them to give smash the same treatment especislly since they have one already made, though apparently even for the promo you wont get the soundtrack till march.

But you can get it for free if you register both 3DS and Wii U versions.

Really? Should think about getting the 3DS version just to register it. It's a steal at that price since its almost like it comes with a free game.

Are they planning to release it outside of the promo? I really wanna buy it...

I hope so.

Which one? Brawl, melee, Wii U or N64.

Wii U. Listening to the sound box and there's so many songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom