• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Bad news. I've decided that I don't like you guys anymore so I'm leaving4ever.

In all seriousness, I'm asking a mod to temp ban me so I can properly focus on my studies. So, somebody else will have to make the new thread 3 days from now.

Don't miss me too much!
No one's going to miss me. ;~;
vader.jpg
ill miss for you like 5 minutes :(

Loco4Coco

Had an awkward moment earlier tonight. Was walking down the street bout to turn the corner when a car rolled up and two guys came running out and told me to turn around and put my hands up. They frisked me and then left. I guess they were undercover cops?

Had an awkward moment earlier tonight. Was walking down the street bout to turn the corner when a car rolled up and two guys came running out and told me to turn around and put my hands up. They frisked me and then left. I guess they were undercover cops?

That sounds mad illegal. Cops shouldn't do that.

They didn't pickpocket you, right?

360pages

Synopsis?

In a world where demons walk around like normal citizens and the bizarre is the normal a Mercenary and his team of highly trained demons complete jobs to make a living...though the actual story is closer to a single Mercenary meeting a much of weirdos that won't stop following him for whatever reason. This is a story of such a mercenary group, a group with no name at all...

I'll PM anyone who's interested, it's only the first chapter and it's more of a hark back to stuff like outlaw star

That sounds mad illegal. Cops shouldn't do that.

They didn't pickpocket you, right?

That's some shady shit, bro. I'd talk to your local police department and say "Hey two dudes frisked me all official like after I walked out of such-and-such. If those are your guys, do something, and if they're not, do something harder."

Xiraiya

Bad news. I've decided that I don't like you guys anymore so I'm leaving4ever.
In all seriousness, I'm asking a mod to temp ban me so I can properly focus on my studies. So, somebody else will have to make the new thread 3 days from now.
Don't miss me too much!
No one's going to miss me. ;~;
j4OD8T.jpg

I'm not sure what's more baffling, that you have to be banned to be made to study, or the fact asking them worked.

ultimax

Just dat basic jab and one, two. I wish I could do cool shit like that.

I could have been knocked out 10 times, but my friend was taking easy on me since he actually fights in mma shit.
That's mad cool tho, I wish i can actually try out boxing.
mainly so I can have cool training montages while having the Ippo OP's playing in the back

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Story time:

An... acquaintance of mine recently went to a pep rally for Mark Dayton, the Democratic governor for Minnesota running for re-election. Maybe it was a rally for youth? I don't know or care. Bottom line, there was a rally.

Now, a political rally is a foreign concept to me, and the vision I have in my head is a bunch of speeches and arguments and endorsements and such, but based on the video she showed me, that is not at all the case, at least not for this guy.

It started out simple enough, he came in, grabbed a microphone and shared his views on issues and resolutions, and why he should be governor again.

Then it got weird. The stage got dark, and hip-hop music started playing. When pulsating, fluctuating, blue and red light flashed on the stage to reveal two people in basically Jojo poses. As the music began to pickup, they began popping and locking to the beat, with a choreographed dace number behind them. So I'm thinking, "okay, I'm glad I didn't go to this. I feel like I would die from the sheer wtf of it all."

But then something even weirder happened. Magic Johnson came onto the stage, and gave his endorsement. I googled it, the dude lives in California. What the hell. Then Martin Sheen showed up and gave his endorsement. Dude also lives in California. What the hell. I don't think two celebrity endorsements are good enough for a member of politics. Maybe another politician? Ex-president? I don't know, just a thought.

Sprinkled in the show were live performances from some pop band I didn't know. So that happened.

And that's how you run for office.

Rizzi

Story time:

An... acquaintance of mine recently went to a pep rally for Mark Dayton, the Democratic governor for Minnesota running for re-election. Maybe it was a rally for youth? I don't know or care. Bottom line, there was a rally.

Now, a political rally is a foreign concept to me, and the vision I have in my head is a bunch of speeches and arguments and endorsements and such, but based on the video she showed me, that is not at all the case, at least not for this guy.

It started out simple enough, he came in, grabbed a microphone and shared his views on issues and resolutions, and why he should be governor again.

Then it got weird. The stage got dark, and hip-hop music started playing. When pulsating, fluctuating, blue and red light flashed on the stage to reveal two people in basically Jojo poses. As the music began to pickup, they began popping and locking to the beat, with a choreographed dace number behind them. So I'm thinking, "okay, I'm glad I didn't go to this. I feel like I would die from the sheer wtf of it all."

But then something even weirder happened. Magic Johnson came onto the stage, and gave his endorsement. I googled it, the dude lives in California. What the hell. Then Martin Sheen showed up and gave his endorsement. Dude also lives in California. What the hell. I don't think two celebrity endorsements are good enough for a member of politics. Maybe another politician? Ex-president? I don't know, just a thought.

Sprinkled in the show were live performances from some pop band I didn't know. So that happened.

I should run for office. My platform would be that I am not absolutely insane.

Story time:

I have spent the past 3 minutes trying really hard to figure out how to respond to that.

Story time:

Politicians have no idea how to appeal to the youth audience, most either don't try at all, which will either be ignoring them or just campaigning a standard moderately progressive platform a la Obama, or do what this guy did.

Unless they're Ron Paul, I don't know why the hell he's so popular.

And since there are people here outside the US, when I say progressive I mean progressive and left for the US. Which is sort of center right nearly anywhere else.

demidar

Politicians have no idea how to appeal to the youth audience, most either don't try at all, which will either be ignoring them or just campaigning a standard moderately progressive platform a la Obama, or do what this guy did.

And since there are people here outside the US, when I say progressive I mean progressive and left for the US. Which is sort of center right nearly anywhere else.

I find that having most politicians be out of touch with the youth mildly disconcerting.

What a weird country.

Story time:

Did Magic Johnson give everyone HIV? Also did Barkley come out on stage and slam jam him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom