• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
white-kid-dance-club.gif
Can't stop this, make your body rock

There's nothing to understand. It's just a random dance number that plays during the ED.
I'm sure it makes sense in context.
;)
You never watched Haruhi!?
Y-Y-You Bastard! I'll never forgive you!
nah but watch it tho

yes please dont let my pumpkin hill recording go in vain. reach out to the truth would be hilarious tho
I'm busy with slowly, ever so slowly watching Ippo. I'm on like fucking episode 16 or some bullshit. Stupid Miku. Stupid school.

Xiraiya

Guac's ending was nice and cute, but now on to The Evil Within. I don't know whether I should play it before I watch the LP. Also what's this about PG being banned?

He's apparently weak willed enough to blame NeoGAF for being a threat to his studies, so he asked to be banned.

ultimax

I'm sure it makes sense in context.
;)
I'm busy with slowly, ever so slowly watching Ippo. I'm on like fucking episode 16 or some bullshit. Stupid Miku. Stupid school.

oh shit, screw it then, Ippo takes priority over everything, you watch ippo right now! right now i tell you!

He's apparently weak willed enough to blame NeoGAF for being a threat to his studies, so he asked to be banned.
oh shit, screw it then, Ippo takes priority over everything, you watch ippo right now! right now i tell you!
It's so good dude. I fucking love it already even though I apparently know nothing. If I don't finish it by the time exams roll around, I'll marathon the fuck out of it up through Rising after.

Xiraiya

I don't know, It looks kind of simple to me.

Chie - any girl outside of group
Massive lesbian vibes, I like her character better that way.

Rise - Yu
Yu's whole thing is his fear if loneliness and wanting friends, where as Rise is more or less always obsessed with him and never wanting leaving him alone. Yu can understand her in a real/personal way that no one else would be able to, or care to as it would seem.

Naoto - Kanji
Identity crisis's abound.

Yukiko - Yosuke
Who knows, actually now that I think, both of them have similar backgrounds of being kids of parents who own important businesses within the town, or something, I don't care.

That's how I will view the game, and how character dynamics make the most sense to me.

ultimax

It's so good dude. I fucking love it already even though I apparently know nothing. If I don't finish it by the time exams roll around, I'll marathon the fuck out of it up through Rising after.
Im like at episode 52 or something and its my favorite shit. just when you think it cant get hyper, it gets 1000 times more hype.
His Lelouch is the best english VA I've ever heard. Really puts all the Japanese VAs that spend their entire lives practicing voice acting to shame.
ThisManSuperKnows.gif
Yukiko flat out sucks
Marie is the tsundere waifu bait
Chie and Naoto are quite nice
Rise is best girl

Its pure truth.
never fall for the trap that is known as marie

Village

Naoto - Kanji

The top one is a little presumptuous

The bottom isn't that accurate, naoto's issues ended up just being sexism. So yeah

Also Yu naoto all day, sorry kanji

Rise - Yu
Yu's whole thing is his fear if loneliness and wanting friends, where as Rise is more or less always obsessed with him and never wanting leaving him alone. Yu can understand her in a real/personal way that no one else would be able to, or care to as it would seem.

Naoto - Kanji

Yukiko - Yosuke
Who knows, actually now that I think, both of them have similar backgrounds of being kids of parents who own important businesses within the town, or something, I don't care.

That's how I will view the game, and how character dynamics make the most sense to me.

Besides Chie being a lesbian, which I don't think there's much evidence for beyond stereotypes, these pairings make the most sense to me. Although apparently Chie/Yosuke is big in Japan. Because, y'know, they argue a lot.

Lesbian Chie sounds great, but didn't you say you had only watched the anime? Apologies if that wasn't you and I'm misremembering.
But it's true
except for the Rise one and the shame thing.
Those are the main two things. Should've bolded them.
Also I'm pretty convinced I'm gonna like Marie if I played Golden. Even her pandering design I can think of as stupid, and still like. I really like her in Ultimax.

English Lulu is ok. I don't hate him as much as A A Ron.

Besides Chie being a lesbian, which I don't think there's much evidence for beyond stereotypes, these pairings make the most sense to me. Although apparently Chie/Yosuke is big in Japan. Because, y'know, they argue a lot.

I believe that pairing works because Yosuke is a completely different character with the Japanese VA. He's apparently really preppy and tries to hype things up, so naturally him and Chie would fit.

Xiraiya

Lesbian Chie sounds great, but didn't you say you had only watched the anime? Apologies if that wasn't you and I'm misremembering.
Those are the main two things. Should've bolded them.
Also I'm pretty convinced I'm gonna like Marie if I played Golden. Even her pandering design I can think of as stupid, and still like. I really like her in Ultimax.

I saw both the first anime and the Golden Anime, I've seen most of the P4 game though in bit's and pieces, my opinions might change whenever I eventually play it fully, but just from the anime and overall dynamics, those pairings feel the most sensible from everything I've seen, even if Chie is a stereotype, oh well that's the price you pay for giving players freedom.

And Marie, well I don't care at this point even if the anime makes her seem more canon, I don't mind her but the first anime series was WAY better.

I believe that pairing works because Yosuke is a completely different character with the Japanese VA. He's apparently really preppy and tries to hype things up, so naturally him and Chie would fit.
That's really interesting. Stuff like that is really interesting to me. How English game dubs change our perception of them.
lol
I'll stop. This is fun though.
I saw both the first anime and the Golden Anime, I've seen most of the P4 game though in bit's and pieces, my opinions might change whenever I eventually play it fully, but just from the anime and overall dynamics, those pairings feel the most sensible from everything I've seen, even if Chie is a stereotype, oh well that's the price you pay for giving players freedom.

And Marie, well I don't care at this point even if the anime makes her seem more canon, I don't mind her but the first anime series was WAY better.
Golden anime will color your opinion super hard. From what I understand it was poorly shopped together pandering. Having played the game the original anime is a 7/10 in comparison, and it loses a lot of nuances, while also condensing the game as best it could with that episode budget.

I like him fine, but his ridiculously one-track lewdness got to be a bit much, and I feel like that would have made more sense if he were more energetic

I was kinda like that at his age. They are high school kids.

Plus they make him pay for his lewd remarks all the time

Really guys. this topic again? We all know who's the best.
none.

Get a load of this guy. He think's hes better than us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom