• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

Yes no one has read the VN or Manga of Tskihime, the obvious superior story compared to fate. (Unless you're waiting for the remake, even the I'd recommend reading both the Manga and the VN)

B47sa.gif

737eaa96c56fc7f0ffcd9b5896d16cd81319272751_full.gif

croten

But what about the sick fight scenes? I want those sick fight scenes you guys.

Mmm those fight scenes are sick. Play the VN and just watch the series after, it's exactly what I'm doing. I mean as soon as I finished the route that the series is based off of the first first episode went up

Yes no one has read the VN or Manga of Tskihime, the obvious superior story compared to fate. (Unless you're waiting for the remake, even the I'd recommend reading both the Manga and the VN)

I'm not a huge VN guy, but I've had it bookmarked since you mentioned it and I'll get to it eventually.

For some reason my vita refuses to connect to the internet, should I still get freedom wars?

I'd say "No" until you figure out the problem. You'll get party commands, but in-mission dialogue gets in the way of that. And you'll have to burn entitlement points to get better party member equips.

360pages

I'd play the VN if not for one petty reason. The menu system sucks. F/SN got it right, Tsukihime's is old and dated

Oh yeah, it's dated as hell.

Though I'd stay say read the Manga, because it's a Great retelling of the first route of the game. NEVER watch the Anime...actually it's so bad it might as well not exist.

Zenfalcia

Oh yeah, it's dated as hell.

Though I'd stay say read the Manga, because it's a Great retelling of the first route of the game. NEVER watch the Anime...actually it's so bad it might as well not exist.

But doesn't the manga only show one route? Wouldn't the VN the superior way of enjoying the story?

Because it was from an episode where they parodied bad sitcoms.

If you haven't watched Supernatural, they do some crazy dumb episodes. This most recent one was a highschool musical about their lives.
The fanbase kind of turns me off from it...superwholock in itself is a beast who's existence i cannot begin to understand.
that along with rise of the dragon tangle brave bullshit.

360pages

But doesn't the manga only show one route? Wouldn't the VN the superior way of enjoying the story?

The Manga uses the first route as its main thread, but also takes info from other routes to give everyone some attention. And unlike the First Fate anime it actually makes sense and fits within the context of the story.

Honestly, I say the Manga version of the first route is actually better than the VN version.

Yeah, it has a far better female cast than Fate/Stay night, though that's not really so hard considering that outside of Saber, the other two are really boring.

Right. Is there any version with improved art? Like Higurashi has the PS2 art that you can rip and put into the original version. Anything like that exist for Tsukihime?

The fanbase kind of turns me off from it...superwholock in itself is a beast who's existence i cannot begin to understand.
that along with rise of the dragon tangle brave bullshit.

Fanbases are the worst, everyone knows this, but Supernatural is a really fun show. Like, they're the closest to anime any show on TV is ever going to get with some of the crazy hype stuff they've done, combined with some of the crazy bullshit they do.

Zenfalcia

The Manga uses the first route as its main thread, but also takes info from other routes to give everyone some attention. And unlike the First Fate anime it actually makes sense and fits within the context of the story.

Honestly, I say the Manga version of the first route is actually better than the VN version.

Ok. I've only read some of the manga, and then realized there was VN and stopped. From what I read it was pretty well done. There might be some details loss during the adaptation, unless you're sure there isn't any.

360pages

Ok. I've only read some of the manga, and then realized there was VN and stopped. From what I read it was pretty well done. There might be some details loss during the adaptation, unless you're sure there isn't any.

The only detail really lossed is how Crazy Shiki can be at times due to his...condition. Outside of that they hit all the main points of the first route and most of the important ones of the other route.

The only ones that get shafted are the twins.

croten

I liked Taiga and Llya...

Rin and Sakura on the other hand, mostly because Rin felt like an inferior version of Ciel, who wasn't that great of a character in the first place.

Ilya was okay I guess. Apparently she was going to have her own route but they scrapped it and merged it with Heavens Feel.

360pages

Ilya was okay I guess. Apparently she was going to have her own route but they scrapped it and merged it with Heavens Feel.

Probably would have been better than Sakura cooking and Sex time. (Sakura is the cutest girl out of the main three, too bad Taiga, Rider and Caster are all still more attractive than her)

I don't get putting the cosplay girlfriend one on there.

Surely that's more of a kinky thing then a weeaboo thing?

It's the wording that's weird for me, like, I would like to cosplay with someone, because that would be fun, but having someone cosplay for me sounds weird.

Yep left side for me too. Its the easiest. How do you have an anime related dream though?

I took that as having had a sleeping dream about anime.

I don't know the rules to bingo.

You sit around in a large room as people call numbers. For every number called that you have, you mark it off. Once you've got a line (or other pattern established before the game begins) you announce "Bingo" in a raspy voice poisoned by years of smoking and second-hand smoke from other bingo players. This is how you win the game get lung cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom