• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

Even if LPs become completely outlawed, some Of them want to make games and could reasonably get some crowd sourced support at this point enough to make a game instead, then if that fails they're cOmpltely fucked.
Yeah, they are. They could go back to QA. Idk what pat would do. QA maybe?
I think Woolie and Liam were waiting for a good programmer to come by and help them with a video game that they had ideas about. I believe they said that on a podcast long ago.
They could try learning? If they are looking, the best of luck for them.

Even if LPs become completely outlawed, some Of them want to make games and could reasonably get some crowd sourced support at this point enough to make a game instead, then if that fails they're cOmpltely fucked.

I wonder how the LP community plans to address the copyright issue.

As far as now, the Fair use with respect to parody will only go so far. If companies start to lose substantial money thanks to LPs, they'll start attacking Google and Youtube for removing content.

The Best Friends have the site as a preemptive, but the Machinima content would most likely be gone should that ever happen.

As far as now, the Fair use with respect to parody will only go so far. If companies start to lose substantial money thanks to LPs, they'll start attacking Google and Youtube for removing content.

The Best Friends have the site as a preemptive, but the Machinima content would most likely be gone should that ever happen.

I don't think the site is gonna be enough to keep all 4 of them going. I'd hope so and would continue to watch, but I just don't see it paying all the bills.

croten

The thing is LPs have only ever increased sales. There are a few who don't like it *cough*Nintendo*cough* but for most others it's considered free marketing

The thing is LPs have only ever increased sales. There are a few who don't like it *cough*Nintendo*cough* but for most others it's considered free marketing

Let's Plays feel like they've crossed a bridge to me, getting rid of them at this point would damage YouTube and Twitch, since that's a very large part of their revenue at this point. Couple years back there was worry, but at the point where Atlus got PewDiePie to do a video for them, it feels like it's pretty safe to me.

croten

Let's Plays feel like they've crossed a bridge to me, getting rid of them at this point would damage YouTube and Twitch, since that's a very large part of their revenue at this point. Couple years back there was worry, but at the point where Atlus got PewDiePie to do a video for them, it feels like it's pretty safe to me.

Yeah. There are a couple of companies, like Nintendo or Square Enix, but for the most part gaming channels are here to stay.

Motherfucking Hatsune Miku is one of the most influential fictional characters of the year according to TIME. Goddamn incredible.

Weeb made it!

I don't think the site is gonna be enough to keep all 4 of them going. I'd hope so and would continue to watch, but I just don't see it paying all the bills.

That is their prerogative whether or not to do what Giant Bomb does and enact a paywall.
I'll still find a way to watch what the 4 of them do collectively. They are a great trope. I don't want something like a law to hinder that.

Maybe indies? I'd need to get hard numbers for that to be confirmed true. It's too anecdotal to be a fact.

croten

Weeb made it!

That is their prerogative whether or not to do what Giant Bomb does and enact a paywall.
I'll still find a way to watch what the 4 of them do collectively. They are a great trope. I don't want something like a law to hinder that.

Maybe indies? I'd need to get hard numbers for that to be confirmed true. It's too anecdotal to be a fact.
Well I know for a fact that the game Thomas Was Alone got a massive sales boost when Nerd Cubed and Total Biscuit did their videos. I would say it's mostly Indies but I don't think for a second that a LP has ever dropped sales.

Zenfalcia

Well I know for a fact that the game Thomas Was Alone got a massive sales boost when Nerd Cubed and Total Biscuit did their videos. I would say it's mostly Indies but I don't think for a second that a LP has ever dropped sales.
Well.. don't forget LPs/reviews of terrible games.. like gary's incident or whatever it's called.

croten

Possibly, but also more people might have unknowingly bought it thinking it would be a good game.

Nope. I don't think that at all. Without LPs no one would have known it existed. Let's use Minecraft as an example. Do you honestly think that game would have become the hugest thing ever without LPs?

Zenfalcia

Or the current Sonic Boom game.

I'm sure people are buying it to say " Hey look how bad this game is." or even doing LPs of it just to get some of that Youtube pie.

And then there are the parents who don't know amything nd just buy the game for their kids.

Nope. I don't think that at all. Without LPs no one would have known it existed. Let's use Minecraft as an example. Do you honestly think that game would have become the hugest thing ever without LPs?
probsbly not. Hard to say, but it's unlikely. People like yogscast helped make it what it is today.

I think Notch creating an API was the best thing he did for Minecraft modding and making the game ridiculous successful..

croten

This is the dumbest shit. HEY GUYS! EVENT COMING UP, GET HYPE!
Won't tell you where to watch it tho lololol

Well it's not for another hour and a half

I think Notch creating an API was the best thing he did for Minecraft modding and making the game ridiculous successful..

Yeah modding was a big deal but without marketing no one would know what it is. I mean where did you hear about it? I heard about it because no one in my school would shut up about it or the Yogscast or Seananners

Oberon

Banned
So I finally got the time to play some smash for glory, and wow is this bad!
It's worse than the 3ds! How is this possible?
There's noticeable input lag, and some matches are literal slideshows!

Do you have the lan adapter?

They HIGHLY recommend it. Interesting that it is slideshows for you.

demidar

How long does this Playstation Experience stream last? I want to know if I can watch it all or just turn in for the night if it's too long.

Really? Some of the matches i had felt flawless, how many games have you played?

So what's to be expected from the playstation live event?

Squishy3

Do you have the lan adapter?

They HIGHLY recommend it. Interesting that it is slideshows for you.
The problem is the Wii U has a better network adapter than the 3DS while every online match I've played in Wii U if it starts out well quickly deteriorates while if I found a good match in the 3DS it never deteriorated as quickly as the Wii U version. I shouldn't be getting better connections on something with a worse network adapter.

I'm not who you quoted, but this absolutely should not be happening.

FF7 REMAKE OR BUST!!

IM NOT LETTING YOU GUYS CRUSH MY DREAMS OF HD SEPHIROTH!

It's probably a necessity for those of us living in low density countries.

All I know is if Pat's complaining about bad reception from my connection in NYC, it's not stable or good enough for solid online play outside the 50 states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom