• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to git gud in general. He's pretty much beaten the game but barely manages to do anything, not to mention his build is all over the place. It's so hard to hold back those elitist tendencies while watching him.
What's he doing? Is he taking what he learned from other RPGs, and thinking it applies here. Because how you get bad builds.

What? Please elaborate.

He does well on bosses, he beats most on his first or second try, but he struggles with almost every random enemy and every bit of moving through every environment. His build has enough faith to do miracles, enough strength to do heavy weapons, enough intelligence to do magic, enough dex to do dex shit but no health or endurance. He tries using all of these things at the same time, but is spread so thin he's complete shit at all of them. The only reason he's gotten most of the way through the game is that he has a lightning zweihander, which is fucking unstoppable against most enemies and does great damage to most bosses.

What's he doing? Is he taking what he learned from other RPGs, and thinking it applies here. Because how you get bad builds.

He just wants single things from each thing. He spent like 19 levels on Faith so he could use Homeward. That was his whole reason for doing it.

He does well on bosses, he beats most on his first or second try, but he struggles with almost every random enemy and every bit of moving through every environment. His build has enough faith to do miracles, enough strength to do heavy weapons, enough intelligence to do magic, enough dex to do dex shit but no health or endurance. He tries using all of these things at the same time, but is spread so thin he's complete shit at all of them. The only reason he's gotten most of the way through the game is that he has a lightning zweihander, which is fucking unstoppable against most enemies and does great damage to most bosses.

He just wants single things from each thing. He spent like 19 levels on Faith so he could use Homeward. That was his whole reason for doing it.
Has stats good enough to use most weapons in the game.

Uses a non scaling weapon. You have way more patience than I do.

Has stats good enough to use most weapons in the game.

Uses a non scaling weapon. You have way more patience than I do.

That's the problem, though, he's thrown points into so many different things that even though he can use the better weapons, he's so weak that a non-scaled sword manages to be better.

Like, he has a ton of points in strength, but not enough to use any of the actually good strength weapons, so the normal ones aren't as good as Zwei, so those are just wasted points.

That's the problem, though, he's thrown points into so many different things that even though he can use the better weapons, he's so weak that a non-scaled sword manages to be better.

Like, he has a ton of points in strength, but not enough to use any of the actually good strength weapons, so the normal ones aren't as good as Zwei, so those are just wasted points.
That's tragic. This sounds like a clusterfuck.

Nordicus

So how many levels extra did he dump on Faith to use Homeward? Four? Let's say 4.

Tell him that starting from level 48, it would have been cheaper to just buy 99 homeward bones, and that it gets relatively cheaper with every level he gains

That's tragic. This sounds like a clusterfuck.

It's fucking terrible. He was using ring of fog and the one that makes your steps silent, because they're "the coolest" while he was rolling super slow in light armor. There was a good hour of me trying to get him to get better armor on and explaining rolls to him, most of that time was spent with me saying "No, just try rolling, try taking those off and rolling, it's faster than doing the math." then he did the math. Over and over.

So how many levels extra did he dump on Faith to use Homeward? Four? Let's say 4.

Tell him that starting from level 48, it would have been cheaper to just buy 99 homeward bones, and that it gets relatively cheaper with every level he gains

He had next to no faith from start, don't remember what class he chose, but it was upwards of 12 levels and he decided to do it at like level 50.

And that the game gives them out, as if it's the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway.

Aaron, this sounds bad lol.

and here I thought my build was unoptimized.

Are you sure he's not just trying to troll you and piss you off because you like Dark Souls a lot?

Nordicus

He had next to no faith from start, don't remember what class he chose, but it was upwards of 12 levels and he decided to do it at like level 50.
12 lev- *faints*

That's cost inefficient almost from level-fucking-one, not to mention that Dark Souls is a game, where the wasted stat points didn't merely lose you the amount of souls they cost at the time, no, they cost you the most recent X level up you gained.

If you start from level 50, those 12 levels cost you you roughly 220k that you're not getting back when you're at 62. At level 72, 10 levels after this plan, it's ~300k. It keeps going up and up, as if growing interest.

OH can anyone recommend a Flat TV that contains both composite AND HDMI?

I'm trying to move up from my CRT since you meanies shamed me for it ;_;.

All for Homeward? This has to be an elaborate troll, and secretly this guy knows everything the Souls series, because this is raising my blood pressure just by hearing it.

Sympathy for you, dawg.

All for Homeward? This has to be an elaborate troll, and secretly this guy knows everything the Souls series, because this is raising my blood pressure just by hearing it.

Sympathy for you, dawg.

Trust me, he's legit in this. I forced him into souls against his will and he loves the game and wants to experience every aspect of it all at once.

My favorite part about his getting homeward is that his reasoning for doing it was that it makes grinding for souls faster, since you can homeward after you kill all the enemies. It's hysterical and mind-numbing.

Trust me, he's legit in this. I forced him into souls against his will and he loves the game and wants to experience every aspect of it all at once.

My favorite part about his getting homeward is that his reasoning for doing it was that it makes grinding for souls faster, since you can homeward after you kill all the enemies. It's hysterical and mind-numbing.
orig-10126861.jpg

His attacks are pretty quick, but they come out the same way in one of three ways every time, so it's easy to get a handle on.

Or just use magic and kill him instantly.
Lautrec likes to roll through magic though.

Unless you mean Crystal Magic Weapom, and then I agree with you.

Zenfalcia

I... I don't know.
We're you there with him for those 3 hours? Or did you just blank out?
The day that the channel becomes work for the guys is the day we'll see them retire.
Well.. they already made it their full time job, so it's sorta like work?

Prison School has been teaching me more about myself with every chapter. I recommend it.
Suddenly oberon comes in.

Also how far are you?

croten

Well that's news to me... but I really want them to actually be working on video games and using their ideas on them.

They can't be stuck doing the channel all the time right?
Liam and Woolie have been doing the channel full time for a while now. They announced it during Con Bravo I think

Are you saying Nuzlocke was fun to do? All jokes aside, i wonder what their future plans are.

Even if LPs become completely outlawed, some Of them want to make games and could reasonably get some crowd sourced support at this point enough to make a game instead, then if that fails they're cOmpltely fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom