• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 8: "You know, we really are the Super Best Friends Play"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

If any FF games need a remake, it's FF8 and/or 9, since they did most of the earlier FF games already, and 7 has way too many spinoffs revolving around it as it is, and 10 got a HD version, so 8 and 9 are the only ones really right now who have never gotten any attention, 8 especially needs it because of how bad it's localization ended up being, and 9 is generally the underrated FF game, so I'd like to check it out one day.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Here you go, here I am, Dark Souls II, thank you m'am, this'll be a treat, Dark Souls II, while you eat!

1013878_10205727746417620_7926076310781602085_n.jpg

If any FF games need a remake, it's FF8 and/or 9, since they did most of the earlier FF games already, and 7 has way too many spinoffs revolving around it as it is, and 10 got a HD version, so 8 and 9 are the only ones really right now who have never gotten any attention, 8 especially needs it because of how bad it's localization ended up being, and 9 is generally the underrated FF game, so I'd like to check it out one day.

Considering how polarizing 8 is, I'd doubt a remake would be made, and if it was remake, the system wouldn't be broken, which'll take out the fun of FF8.

9 I believe wouldn't take much work except a polish job on character models and higher CGI quality.

Xiraiya

I hate the prospect of any established series becoming an MMO, because it's ALWAYS, ALWAYS given to a team who didn't make the original series but are close enough to have access to all the assets they need etc, so it ends up being a bastardized version of what it's based on set in a far more static world.

My view on a series becoming an MMO is very simple, get the exact same people to do it or don't do it at all.

croten

FF6 deserves a remake the most because it's the only good one.

Considering how polarizing 8 is, I'd doubt a remake would be made, and if it was remake, the system wouldn't be broken, which'll take out the fun of FF8.

9 I believe wouldn't take much work except a polish job on character models and higher CGI quality.
A polish job? These are PSX models. They need a lot more than a polish job to make them work today.

croten

What you just described is on Steam.

gah i cant take it
18 days till i can play the greatest character action game ever
hurry up and get here Christmas
what do you guys do when you get this anxious?

Xiraiya

A polish job? These are PSX models. They need a lot more than a polish job to make them work today.

Personally if I was at Square and could do something with the PSX games, I would propose an experiment with one of the PSX FF games where we would grab, I guess either 8 or 9, go with 9, remake all of the locations in the Cutscene CGI they use today, pre-render them in as high as image quality as possible, then just put a bulk of the PS4's processing power into making absurd character/enemy models and also running the game at constant 60 frames, also include AA, and just make it the most fluid and smooth experience possible while making the games play as closely as possible to the original PSX game, along with whatever necessary fixes for battle systems, get the voice actors they use for Dissidia, and see how people enjoy playing an old style FF game in the best quality possible.

I think something like that could go really well, then after that do the same thing to 8 and 7 in that case, release them as a special trilogy that can be played together.

Throw in an optional DLC feature for fun which would be costume only, like Kingdom Hearts and Dissidia/Advent children outfits for the main party members in the games and you're done.

I was think a straight remake, but this is much better, especially if the only reason why Square doesn't want to do it is because they don't know of they could do it 1:1.

No one said anything about difficulty.

i base how much i enjoy a character action game on how much it pushes my skills to the limit

sjay1994

Yooooo

I fucking IZUNA DROPPED my Ecology final.

And in time for the PS experience.

I am literally hanging on the edge of tomorrow right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom