• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

This is really specific, but I did my best

WXqXVaQ.jpg

Can I use this?

Oberon

Banned
Foods & Doods with Liam & Matt (Christmas Special)

Site
Youtube

Liams hair looks really good.
I wonder what sort of product he uses?

Oh god, that's horrifying.

I meant this lady.

Also, finding any decent art of her is hard, most seems to make her look either chubby or emaciated, not very fit. This is the best I could find.

Oh, yeah, that makes more sense.
From what game is she?

Can I use this?

Of course

I thought it was fixable on PC?

Even then I hear it's still really bad. If you don't have a 360, PS3, or PS2, then go with the PC version

Ask someone to link you the fix on GAF.

That also being said, playing through DMC3 last night felt so good. That game is just timeless. It's actually the first character action game I'm replaying.

Okingjrr

So many hype announcements in the video. Hopefully they're true!

The wing is a world asset?
I thought you were talking about the rock... either way, the wing is definitely an asset/object with a collision box and animations that may be dependent on that box. If said collision box is stuck and is unable to move as it should, it fucks up the whole animation, causing the bug.

Don't take my word on the source of the problem, as I have never developped a full scale video game, but I have workes on game engines and I know that could be one of the triggers.

JoJo94

So many hype announcements in the video. Hopefully they're true!

I thought you were talking about the rock... either way, the wing is definitely an asset/object with a collision box and animations that may be dependent on that box. If said collision box is stuck and is unable to move as it should, it fucks up the whole animation, causing the bug.

Holy crap didn't even realize they had announcements in there. A little sad Matt still feels bad about S2 of walking dead though.

I understand that, I just don't get why they'd make it an object.

Okingjrr

Holy crap didn't even realize they had announcements in there. A little sad Matt still feels bad about S2 of walking dead though.

Well, he does go through the various comments and feedback of the videos they put out. He actually cares about what the fans have to say and not act as if the viewers say counts for shit.
I understand that, I just don't get why they'd make it an object.
Everything you see on-screen is an object, that's the term. You should be asking yourself why does the wing have a collision box attached to it. My answer to that is: I dun know.

Well, he does go through the various comments and feedback of the videos they put out. He actually cares about what the fans have to say and not act as if the viewers say counts for shit.

Too bad most of the viewers comments do count for shit because they're just hate and nothing constructive.

mike0dude

Silent Hill 2 Playthrough
No More Heroes Solo Matt playthrough
Rustlemania next year
Shitstorm 4 with 31 games confirmed
Apology for KennyGate

JoJo94

I know he does, but I just feel bad that he still has to think about it because personally I hope it's not a thing that's on his mind a lot. Like you said though he does care about his fans, but sometimes well we all know how youtube comments can get.

Somewhat wondering how a solo Matt Lp will go now too.

Oh, and I'm really hoping I eat shit over saying Silent Hill 2 wouldn't be a good playthrough. If that's the upcoming Liam/Pat playthrough it'd be really interesting to see if it'll work, and then I can bug them over playing SH1 or 3 or 4.

JoJo94

Oh, and I'm really hoping I eat shit over saying Silent Hill 2 wouldn't be a good playthrough. If that's the upcoming Liam/Pat playthrough it'd be really interesting to see if it'll work.

Just do it Pat,

No Liam I have to think this through

Fuck that shit just beat them with your dick

What the fuck Liam!!!

That's how I imagine it going.

Okingjrr

Wait a minute, is the Pat/Liam LP that was confirmed on the podcast Silent Hill 2?

Too bad most of the viewers comments do count for shit because they're just hate and nothing constructive.
Aside from looking for the diamond in the rough, going through youtube comments really isn't worth the trouble.

I know he does, but I just feel bad that he still has to think about it because personally I hope it's not a thing that's on his mind a lot. Like you said though he does care about his fans, but sometimes well we all know how youtube comments can get.

Somewhat wondering how a solo Matt Lp will go now too.
There are some things in life you just can't keep off your mind. It's terrible really.

Also, solo Matt should be fine at the beginning. It might slow down a bit in the middle of the LP however. I haven't played NMH so I wouldn't know.

Xiraiya

Skull Girls actually feels pretty good to play, I loaded up the Beta version and played with Beo, I'll have to go plug in my PS3 controller or something I guess.

I wonder when he's due to come out.

I'd actually prefer they play another obscure game. Barkley was amazing.
If they're doing SH2, we already know Pat's in there for sure, and if the other person already also knows the whole game, I can't imagine how you'd commentate well over it. Fear of the unknown is half that game.

Oh man what if Liam hasn't played it. That'd be sick.
Just do it Pat,
No Liam I have to think this through
Fuck that shit just beat them with your dick
What the fuck Liam!!!
That's how I imagine it going.
Eh, I hope Liam is on controls if he's never played it, but it's not a terribly hard game in terms of combat or low supplies. Watching Liam get wrecked at certain points will be semi-inevitable though.

Silent Hill 2 Playthrough
No More Heroes Solo Matt playthrough
Rustlemania next year
Shitstorm 4 with 31 games confirmed
Apology for KennyGate

Skippin silent hill 2 till I get back to it

No more heroes 1 is fucking hype (and better than 2) and Matt bringing the hype will definitely deliver on that

RUSTLEMANIA IS BACKKKKKKKK

OG SHITSTORM HYPE.

And telltale should be the one apologizing for making such a bad game.

Has Devil May Cry 3 been a daily sale yet? I require playing it.

3 and 4 are on sale for a total of 8 bucks.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/50979/

I doubt it'll get much cheaper than that.

Trying to get 3 to work using this guide:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/6550/discussions/0/864969320373351964/

If you're not using an X360 controller, go into Control Panel -> Game Controllers and copy/paste the name of the controller exactly to the logical place instead of 360 controller blah blah blah.

JoJo94

There are some things in life you just can't keep off your mind. It's terrible really.

Also, solo Matt should be fine at the beginning. It might slow down a bit in the middle of the LP however. I haven't played NMH so I wouldn't know.

Yeah that's what worries me because I'm afraid that if he sees anything Walking Dead related he thinks about the lp. (an extreme example I know but you get the point) Hopefully though he'll realize that the hate wasn't as much as they think.

Having played NMH you're probably exactly right. But the ending should be hype.

Oh man what if Liam hasn't played it. That'd be sick.
Eh, I hope Liam is on controls if he's never played it, but it's not a terribly hard game in terms of combat or low supplies. Watching Liam get wrecked at certain points will be semi-inevitable though.

You know what because he's so good at games apparently...kind of want to see that too.

The end to the Dark Souls II LP has come. That finale was as amazing as I could've wanted.

Now to wait until Scholar of the First Sin so I can stop putting off playing this fucking game.

Okingjrr

I would like LOVE to see Gun Jumper Liam on the controls.

3 and 4 are on sale for a total of 8 bucks.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/50979/

I doubt it'll get much cheaper than that.

Trying to get 3 to work using this guide:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/6550/discussions/0/864969320373351964/

If you're not using an X360 controller, go into Control Panel -> Game Controller and copy/paste the name of the controller exactly to the logical place instead of 360 controller blah blah blah.

Knowing the nature of the steam sales, wait for one of the games of the series to appear as a daily deal. The whole series usually gets a deeper discount.

The game is very short if you cut out the side missions you have to do to make enough money to pay for each ranked fight. It'll be a short LP unless he leaves the money grinding in, but I doubt that. He'll probably show each one off once and then do that stuff off screen. The game itself is rad though. Boss fights get gradually better and the climax in no more heroes 1 destroys anything no more heroes 2 tries to do.

I would like LOVE to see Gun Jumper Liam of the controls.
With how scared Liam gets, I really hope he's on controls. That will lead to some memorable shit.

Oh yeah, y'all motherfuckers gotta play Silent Hill 2 (and 3) so you can watch the playthrough ;)
The games really hold up and deserve all the praise. Pick them up on PS2, you can even emulate the PS2 discs on PC over getting the rare PC ports.

grimmiq

So after Pat needing to edit one of the conference videos because Liam said Matt's fiance's name..he just puts it in the credits?

So after Pat needing to edit one of the conference videos because Liam said Matt's fiance's name..he just puts it in the credits?
Matt wasn't there, so I assume they didn't have permission and did it, and did it include a last name, in the new video?
What was Kennygate? I only really got into Zaibatsu a few months ago. Is it related to Kenny from Divekick or something?
Walking Dead S2 LP. People got salty over them hating
Kenny.

Edit ah whatever. Spoiler in and of itself.

I'm sure Pat didn't want to step on anyone's toes with the conference vid and Matt discussed it with his waifu-to-be for Foods 'n' Doods. It's weird, but at the same time so very Canadian.

Top Bottom