• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

theluma said:
Didn't see the main theme (one from the trailers) appearing in the OST. Guess it's not used in-game :S Lovehow Galaxy can afford to shun an amazing track like that whilst most games would die for even one song as good as it :lol

Anyway, since it was playing in the website, I ripped it as a pretty HQ mp3 http://smpbros.blogspot.com/2010/05/super-mario-galaxy-2-main-theme-ripped.html

So good :D
If it's the one with the Gusty Garden reprise, that's the music for Sky Station (minus the Gusty Garden portion).

theluma

Aaron Strife said:
If it's the one with the Gusty Garden reprise, that's the music for Sky Station (minus the Gusty Garden portion).

Ye, they miss out the Gusty Garden part for some reason. I keep on expecting it to come and then it starts again :lol

Nintaiyo

A few reviewers so far seem to be forgetting that the Boo suit was in the first Galaxy. Just goes to show how forgettable it really was. :p

What in the hell at the final boss theme? How is it even possible. That's some of the most epic music shit I've ever heard in gaming history. Nintendo is a religion. All should worship.

jrricky

Banned
GOOD FUCKING GRAVY at the OST!!!

This shit made me curse because of how AMAZING it is...

OMG Nintendo, the new Zelda NEEDS to have an out of this world OST like this or Ill be sorely disappointed...

Praetorianer

Neo Member
Came back home, read all the reviews, tried to avoid the spoilers. So far, so awesome. Now I've only got 20 days left until game is shipped...WAIT WHAT? *cries*

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Haven't listened to any of the music and have watched very little in the way of videos, and I'm very happy that I have done that. :D It will make it even more special.

Combine

Banned
Damn, this is the second Mario game in a row for me that I've been completely owned by the Final Boss theme music before getting the damn game :lol

First one was Bowsers Inside Story

RagnarokX

Dascu said:
I watched a bit of the livestream. Luckily didn't spoil much that I hadn't seen in trailers and such yet. The guy playing isn't very good though!
Yeah, he can't even figure out how to kill the helmeted goombas; he just keeps spinning at them.

He also streamed Just Cause 2. It was extremely entertaining because of how bad he was. It took him over and hour to beat a mission where you just have to get in a plane and shoot at an oil rig until it is destroyed; kept crashing into the stationary oil rig. He'd kick people out of the chat for pointing out his lack of skill.

neoism

Kard8p3 said:

explode1.gif

Not sure if posted, Gabe's comments on the game (Penny Arcade):

Gabe said:
I was lucky enough to get this early and Kara and I have a sack full of stars already. It might just be me but this game feels much harder than the first. The Co-Star mode that allows a second player to help out, seems almost necessary to me. There is a feeling you get when you play a Mario game that is hard to describe. It's just very...pure. Like this is what video games are about. It just feels good to play them and Mario Galaxy 2 is no exception

Neiteio

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I hope it doesn't but fear this game will make the first one obsolete and I don't want that to happen as it'd be fun to play that again down the road.
The thread in which we pit the two Mario Galaxy games against each other will be EPIC.

Johnas

Glad to see all the hype. Really looking forward to playing this Sunday.

I'm also really glad to hear they didn't just do some quick and dirty work on the soundtrack. I was (wrongly) initially concerned that for some reason or other it wouldn't be up to par with the first one.

soldat7

I just pre-ordered this at Amazon and will apply the $20 towards Crackdown 2. I consider these two games to be the preeminent 3D platformers.

This much win doesn't happen everyday.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Just got the game (NYC), and even the intro is great. Died twice already on the first two stars. Think I'll be playing for hours.

Combine

Banned
Ok, just pre-ordered on Amazon, sucks that estimated ship date is a week away (especially when people are already playing it now), but the $20 gift certificate made up for it. Will probably use it for Alan Wake, or Alpha Protocol

Lamel

Banned
Aljosa said:
10 on Gamespot? Holy shit.

Well, well, well...look who it is :D

it's me, SMR

The funny thing about the review is, the reviewer was unable to highlight anything for the "bad" section :lol

GCX

So what's up with Mahito Yokota? How can one man create so much incredible music for one game.

EVERY TRACK IS AMAZING.

GCX

DeathbyVolcano said:
If Gusty Garden isn't in this game, I'll fucking rage.

the music, I mean
There's many variations of the Gusty Garden theme throughout the game but the original track probably won't be included.

careksims

Not even listening to the soundtrack. Won't spoil myself at all. I'll just know when the disc is first inserted into the Wii, I'll hear this Heavenly chorus out of nowhere. :lol

GCX said:
There's many variations of the Gusty Garden theme throughout the game but the original track probably won't be included.

That is very disappointing if true. The rest of the music sounds godly, but if they altogether avoid, ya'know, the best musical track in modern gaming, that's just stupid.

Top Bottom