• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Neoxon

Here's a sneak peek at How to Play Smash 4 103 (one of Alpharad's videos).

CLCKkzxVEAAf4Fo.png

TWILT

Banned
i can't believe Chrom is actually getting his chance

More seriously, mostly excited for the (potential) balance changes and replay uploads!

SoldnerKei

I really need Hyrule

Ditto... and Chrom mockery

man good thing I am playing video games at late night hours like a responsible adult so I can read more about this news... those beast ain't gonna hunt themselves... great news anyway

hopefully this means a balance patch, samurai pls

Boney

Banned
Ah, forgot to mention that! Replays and Tourney Mode are both coming, too.

To be fair, they didn't explicitly say they wouldn't be making balance changes, so it's anyone's guess!
Just seems so soon after the last one.
But I guess I'll keep being an optimist and hope for some samus buffs

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I wanna get back into online smash but splatoon is hard to put down :(

its crazy how much lag and bad connections I get on Smash and yet I rarely ever lag on Splatoon. Anyone else have similar experiences? On 4 player Smash I would say 25% of the time the matches are playable, and on 1-1 it goes up higher, closer to 75%. But yeah, big difference in the two games. Same for MK8, almost no lag or bad connection experiences.

its crazy how much lag and bad connections I get on Smash and yet I rarely ever lag on Splatoon. Anyone else have similar experiences? On 4 player Smash I would say 25% of the time the matches are playable, and on 1-1 it goes up higher, closer to 75%. But yeah, big difference in the two games. Same for MK8, almost no lag or bad connection experiences.

A fighting game requires more exact data being transferred then a game like splatoon or mario kart.

Are you wired? I only play for glory and I've had some lag on rare occasions. Last few days in splatoon I've been getting comm errors even though I'm wired.

JulianImp

• Fighting games require frame-perfect synchronization, so they can't use lag compensation methods to predict where players will be and what they will be doing
  • Racing and shooting games can use many many methods to predict and roll back character positions/states without huring the overall experience too much, and if a desynch occurs they can warp characters back where they should be (like they often do)

RomanceDawn

I finally figured out how to fight Sonic with my big heavy slow characters. I thank Karsticles for that! A day or so ago Karst mentioned that everyone has their things that they like to do, Sonic will spin dash and watch out for what they like to do next.

It was on For Glory but a few of these guys definitely knew their stuff. First few matches I was speed blitzed into oblivion. DK just seemed absolutely useless so I went with Charizard and thought about what Karst said. Eventually I started winning with Charizard, Bowser and DK! It felt so good! He had to completely change his style of play because he realized I wasn't going to get caught by every move he did any more.

Next up is ROB and Rosalina.

Lol @ that K. Rool costume. Shooting folks down hard. Hurts to see even though I hate K. Rool.

The real pain is all of this being announced via Twitter instead of an ND. :(

I finally figured out how to fight Sonic with my big heavy slow characters. I thank Karsticles for that! A day or so ago Karst mentioned that everyone has their things that they like to do, Sonic will spin dash and watch out for what they like to do next.

It was on For Glory but a few of these guys definitely knew their stuff. First few matches I was speed blitzed into oblivion. DK just seemed absolutely useless so I went with Charizard and thought about what Karst said. Eventually I started winning with Charizard, Bowser and DK! It felt so good! He had to completely change his style of play because he realized I wasn't going to get caught by every move he did any more.

Next up is ROB and Rosalina.
Yay!

I don't know how useful this tourney mode is going to be without a chat function, not to mention it doesn't take into account how we do timeouts.

SoldnerKei

Maybe because it couldn't be broadcasted "directly to us"... :'(

but yeah, I guess it lowers the chances of a new character reveal, but I am pretty sure dataminers will cover that one, after all that's how we knew about Roy and Ryu.

RomanceDawn

Lol @ that K. Rool costume. Shooting folks down hard. Hurts to see even though I hate K. Rool.

Yay!

Yay indeed!

I was at a convention a few weeks ago and I pulled of some really great wins in a tournament. This Sonic guy wanted to play me so badly and I knew he was good and I warned him before hand I just don't know how to fight Sonic. Until yesterday I just couldn't figure out where to punish him. Bowser's and Charizard's armored up smashes are a great asset in this fight I came to find.

I wish that fool would hurry up and accept my friend request! I need a Californian Sonic sparring partner.

I don't know how useful this tourney mode is going to be without a chat function, not to mention it doesn't take into account how we do timeouts.
Timeouts aren't a problem. We all know who is supposed to SD.

Maybe because it couldn't be broadcasted "directly to us"... :'(

but yeah, I guess it lowers the chances of a new character reveal, but I am pretty sure dataminers will cover that one, after all that's how we knew about Roy and Ryu.
No new characters would be so damn disappointing. Though if we get a balance patch that heals some Mewtwo wounds...

I don't think we'll get a balance patch, but it didn't seem like we would get one for the last update either.

Zelda gets damage on 2 of her moves buffed by .5%
Get hype
The only time we didn't get a balance patch was when game-breaking bugs were included with Mewtwo DLC. There will be a balance patch, even if it is just small stuff like removing an infinite somewhere. Why would Sakurai not have balance changes to make after two more months of reflection?

SoldnerKei

with that leaked Great Bay pic I would flip if Young Link gets back and is the better Link, just like Roy is now the better Marth, I wouldn't complain at all lol.

Yeah, we can have 3 Links if he have 3 Marfs :v

Hopefully they fix Ness. Improved bthrow knockback, bring back his brawl dair, improve dtilt trip to 50% chance, have the bat fsmash come out quicker, and triple the speed of pkflash

Hopefully they fix Ness. Improved bthrow knockback, bring back his brawl dair, have the bat fsmash come out quicker, and triple the speeed of pkflash
Don't forget having PK fire activate on shield and PK Magnet coming out on frame 1. I think with those updates he'll finally be on the same level as characters like the already perfect Dedede.

Top Bottom