• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

ffdgh

What do they need?

For the frog, all I ask if to cut down the end lag for his neutral air. Had a few unintended suicides because of it.

For peach, give her back her melee/brawl down B speed and buff her down smash a bit. The latter won't ko until around 190+ % from the center of final destination(3ds)
Edit: And being greedy, Make her up smash like Marcina's or make the dang sweet spot bigger.

JulianImp

@CRQ: A tip card says that Dedede's already perfect. He must secretly be top tier, only nobody has unlocked his full potential yet.

Wit that, here's my Pac-Man changelog wishlist:
  • Grab now has wind hitboxes and active frames throughout the whole beam animation. Also can be used in midair, gives Pac-Man super armor and auto-cancels upon landing
  • Glitch now makes Ness, Sonic, Rosalina, Sheik, ZSS and Diddy clip through the floor during dthrow
  • Hold B while throwing a fruit to throw up to five of them at once

Fuck it, I'll post a wishlist too
Fox:
- Nair overall knockback increased, to where a fresh nair can kill with the strong hit
- increase Nair startup to 6 frames
- increase fsmash knockback a little bit so it's not the shittiest smash move
- keep the jab lock
- utilt stay juggling
- increase shine knockback

Doc:
- LET THE SIDE B STALL AGAIN
- increase knockback on usmash
- increase knockback on fair again, I want my melee fair
- increase damage on tornado what is this 8% bullshit
- increase tornado height when you're mashing it
- you can ignore everything else if you want just buff the recovery options please

Mario:
- idk he's pretty good

Ike:
- give him super armor on the whole aether like Dedede
- I want the stronger ftilt back
- make him run faster or something

Yoshi:
-reverted to Brawl form

Boney

Banned
Wish list

Fuck Shiek fuck her and her family

Uh reduce missiles end lag, especially homing missiles (saw some pre release footage the other day, holy shit they were a decent projectile back then!)
Make bombs hitbox come out a lot sooner, but not immediately.
Give us the old ftilt back
Reduce end lag of dtilt but reduce the damage.

Oh and eliminate Ike's fsmash sour spot

Captain Rage Quit said:
- I want the stronger ftilt back
You're nuts

JulianImp

Wish list

Fuck Shiek fuck her and her family

Uh reduce missiles end lag, especially homing missiles (saw some pre release footage the other day, holy shit they were a decent projectile back then!)
Make bombs hitbox come out a lot sooner, but not immediately.
Give us the old ftilt back
Reduce end lag of dtilt but reduce the damage.

You're nuts

I still remember how awesome it was that her missiles auto-cancelled upon landing in Melee. Then there was that freaky smash taunt trick that let her use an extra-long grapple beam that could home in on targets for some reason.

For the frog, all I ask if to cut down the end lag for his neutral air. Had a few unintended suicides because of it.

For peach, give her back her melee/brawl down B speed and buff her down smash a bit. The latter won't ko until around 190+ % from the center of final destination(3ds)
Edit: And being greedy, Make her up smash like Marcina's or make the dang sweet spot bigger.
Maybe you should stop Nairing off the ledge. Lol

SoldnerKei

Fuck it, I'll post a wishlist too

Link
- faster jab, 5 frames at least
- jab 1 cancelable without suction effect(the thing that made the "infinite" possible)
- faster pull bomb, right now it takes 40 freaking frames
- uncharged arrow is faster and travel a bit further
- dash speed increased
- second hit from fsmash has less ending lag
- upb can now semi spike :v
- has wall jump :v
- Dair is again a ko move but still spikes on first active frames :v

Marth
- give him wavedash & L-cancel
- reverted to Melee form

Insane Zelda wishlist:

Just make her nuke the field or something.

Crazy Zelda wishlist:

Phantom charge can be held.
Din's Fire doesn't put Zelda in freefall.
Farore's Wind autocancel's on ledges if used on the stage instead of just sending Zelda to her doom. (Make it just before the ledge so that it doesn't get ledge cancelled for balance sake. Would be stupidly OP if not.)

Realistic Zelda wishlist:

Farore's Wind endlag reduced
Faster Phantom charge
Increased invincibility frames when using Nayru's Love, or just give Super Armor through the whole thing.
d-throw with less DI
Faster grab

Boney

Banned
I still remember how awesome it was that her missiles auto-cancelled upon landing in Melee. Then there was that freaky smash taunt trick that let her use an extra-long grapple beam that could home in on targets for some reason.
Yeah system wide changes eliminates cancelled b moves and I'm ok with that. But you gotta make up for it with reduced end lag
Anyone wanna play?

Also they should give G&W his melee nair back so he can finally have a killing move.
I can play

Ahhh cannot wait for the new stages!

Also, hate Mii but cool costume:
m6tb0Wo.jpg

The day they reveal the Isaac (Golden Sun) costume for the Miis is the day I eat my console.

It's ok :) anybody else?

Didn't he get buffed last time?
He got 1 buff (Nair endlag -3 frames), and 2 nerfs so far (Usmash range reduced, Confusion no longer lands most characters on Battlefield platforms). I don't expect anything good, but we will see.

If Sakurai fails to make any of the three characters I enjoy good, and he introduces no one else I want to main, I will probably drop Smash when SFV comes out.

Boney

Banned
Ah ok adding right now!
Added, I'm Latin America so the Connection might not be the best.

Oh bummer I only thought he got his nair buffed.

Samus got a nerf on the Mewtwo patch. She went from having one of the best ftilts in the game to one of the worst and from having the undisputed worst up smash to an ok one.

Ah ok adding right now!

Oh bummer I only thought he got his nair buffed.

Samus got a nerf on the Mewtwo patch. She went from having one of the best ftilts in the game to one of the worst and from having the undisputed worst up smash to an ok one.
Sakurai must be really scared of characters with charged projectiles being too good.

Boney

Banned
Seems my controller is having the same issues it had a few months ago, diagonal right is jittery in the CSS.

Yeah it was kinda laggy :(

Sakurai must be really scared of characters with charged projectiles being too good.
Yeah, because he balances with mid level players in mind it seems. Which is super frustrating..
Like how people bitch about Spamus and shit

Boney

Banned
Just as planned!

(My stick is having issues :( )

Too laggy I guess?
No problem, yeah I don't do well with European players sadly. There's a lot of them here so please come by from time to time! Juni is European for example

Juni_

Just as planned!

(My stick is having issues :( )

Too laggy I guess?
No problem, yeah I don't do well with European players sadly. There's a lot of them here so please come by from time to time! Juni is European for example
I am in New york actually.

Metal B

Insane Zelda wishlist:

Just make her nuke the field or something.

Crazy Zelda wishlist:

Phantom charge can be held.
Din's Fire doesn't put Zelda in freefall.
Farore's Wind autocancel's on ledges if used on the stage instead of just sending Zelda to her doom. (Make it just before the ledge so that it doesn't get ledge cancelled for balance sake. Would be stupidly OP if not.)

Realistic Zelda wishlist:

Farore's Wind endlag reduced
Faster Phantom charge
Increased invincibility frames when using Nayru's Love, or just give Super Armor through the whole thing.
d-throw with less DI
Faster grab

I think, Sakurai has to completely rethink the Phantom. He doesn't help Zelda at all and if he actually hits somebody, me and my opponent are actually surprised. The Phantom should actually defending Zelda and give her time or chances to hit somebody with her powerful moves. Similar like Luma is helping Rosalina. Opponents can similar destroy the Phantom, so somebody at Nintendo has to think, it is a little too good (who is that maniac?! Fire him!). Right now, no matter what you do with them (short charge, long charge or edge-guarding), he is completely useless.

Some of the flowing ideas would change him up in a positive way:
1. Swap the short charge and long charge attack-animation of the Phantom. 95% of all Zelda's opponents will simply jump over her and punish her end-lag, if they see you charging a Phantom. If he actually would cover the room above her first, it would give her more room to breath. It also would make more sense, if his stabbing attack is the shield-breaker instead of the swing (like with Marth).
2. The Phantoms stays longer and automatically attacks near by opponents. Again gives her room to breath, control over a big area of the stage and time to plan attacks. This would also explain, why the other players actually should want to destroy the Phantom and give Zelda some downtime from her Phantom.
3. The Phantom blocks all attacks in front of him. Right now, opponents can attack Zelda through the Phantom. A short charge doesn't save her from any attacks of front. If the Phantom actually would block the attacks, then he gave Zelda time to react. Especially against her biggest weakness: fast-characters.

Din's Fire is another attacks, that just doesn't work and only hits the opponent by surprise (the theme of Zelda move-set). Zelda has to charge the attack for a long time, before it's strong or big enough to actually has some use. But since the move is so slow, opponents see the attack coming from miles away. Using it up close, is a free punish, since Din's Fire has too much end-lag for her to react.
I have flowing suggestions to make the attack more useful:
1. Almost no end-lag! Zelda is completely immobilize, while using the attack. This is enough of an downside of it. Simply give her a downtime similar to Ryu, in which see can't use it again, so that players can't spam it. With this change, she can force her enemy into frame-traps and actually punish them.
2. Give the player more control over the movement of Din's Fire. It's impossible to trick an opponent off, since he can predict the flight path very easy.
3. Delay the expansion of the explosion. If a heavily charged Din's Fire would explode much slower, Zelda could actually frame trap her opponents. Again an option to trick her opponents.

Farore's Wind wouldn't be so SD-heavy, if she would have more air-control after using it. There were million time, where i appear right beside the edge, can't move one inch to the side and fall to my doom.

I also agree with giving her Nayru's Love heavy armor or more invincibility frames in the beginning. It frustrating, how many times i have been hit out of the starting animation and see Zelda, getting hit away in her crystal. This thing should give her some protection or at least don't mock me with it.

JulianImp

If anything, a real fix I'd like would be to make all 3-frame nairs work like Dr. Mario's, so characters still have a GTFO move but it no longer has KO potential unless you start it a bit before hitting the enemy.

Wouldn't that fuck up Nair->up smash kills

I mean, if Nair were to kill I imagine it'd have to be until percentages above when you can already kill with Nair->Up smash anyways
I'm just trying to cut out the extra work here, and plus Fox could use a horizontal kill move and something to make off-stage worthwhile. Half the time his only option is to fire a laser and wait for his opponent to come back because trying to do anything off stage will put him in a worse position than his opponent.
If anything, a real fix I'd like would be to make all 3-frame nairs work like Dr. Mario's, so characters still have a GTFO move but it no longer has KO potential unless you start it a bit before hitting the enemy.

To be fair, Doc's nair can KO earlier than Mario's thanks to reverse strength. I think that should stay Doc-exclusive solely because it's hard enough to justify picking him over Mario for the majority of matchups.

JulianImp

To be fair, Doc's nair can KO earlier than Mario's thanks to reverse strength. I think that should stay Doc-exclusive solely because it's hard enough to justify picking him over Mario for the majority of matchups.

Even if it does KO early, it doesn't work nearly as well if you mash A while being comboed, which is one of the problems other 3-frame aerials have. It'd be sad to remove something unique from Doc, but that'd make many characters with absurdly fast neutral aerials a bit more fair.

Top Bottom