• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Translation: In Tourney Mode, players compete to win points over a set period of time. Players can create their own tourneys and adjust the rules as they like. We will also be holding tournaments for players to compete for the top spot. Tourney Mode will be available for free.
Not sure of that is good or bad.

It's just a Mii costume. Why don't I ever get anything good?

I don't have any ideas at all, though.
You main a competitively viable character already. :p

One for each game in the series!
Mother: Flying Man
EarthBound: Ness
Mother 3: Lucas

Sorry, Karst. :/
Just like Metroid. The one character to represent the entire series. :p

That Flying Man costume is pretty cool, though. A great fit. Glad you guys got it.

I am sure Sakurai has a special gift for me in the balance patch...

Masked Man

I said wow
Just like Metroid. The one character to represent the entire series. :p

That Flying Man costume is pretty cool, though. A great fit. Glad you guys got it.

I am sure Sakurai has a special gift for me in the balance patch...

Interesting that the confirmed Flying Man costume and the unconfirmed Dr. Mario stage both reuse content previously revealed to have been cut from the game. (Virus models were discovered through datamining, and Sakurai revealed in Famitsu the Flying Men were originally given full 3D models but were scrapped in favor of 2D ones.)

Hoping this patch is kind to you, Karst!

Get ready for Mewtwo to have faster startup and shorter endlag on his taunts
I would appreciate that, actually. Mewtwo is in that frustrating position where you often have to choose between taunting and charging Shadow Ball after a stylish kill. :p

Interesting that the confirmed Flying Man costume and the unconfirmed Dr. Mario stage both reuse content previously revealed to have been cut from the game. (Virus models were discovered through datamining, and Sakurai revealed in Famitsu the Flying Men were originally given full 3D models but were scrapped in favor of 2D ones.)

Hoping this patch is kind to you, Karst!
I'll be happy if it just nerfs Sheik, lol.

Oidisco

Rewatching some of my matches with Cosmo and I was playing pretty badly in a lot of them. I was in auto-pilot mode most of the time and just kept making very silly mistakes. I still won a few good few though, including a Zelda ditto so I'm pretty happy with how it all went.

He also uses up-tilt really really well, so that's something I need to keep in mind when playing Zelda.

Nami, I know you always want to watch high level Yoshi play. Raykz uploaded matches of him vs. Sky yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttG16jT_EvO9Z2LbBXvp_g/videos

I feel like Sky has amazing offense, but no defense. He is careless and relentlessly attacks without thought to the consequence. He is playing Mewtwo's game, and Raykz still gets wrecked hard in most of these. Raykz thinks this is 45-55 for Mewtwo because so many matches were close in his opinion.

Curious about your thoughts.

Rewatching some of my matches with Cosmo and I was playing pretty badly in a lot of them. I was in auto-pilot mode most of the time and just kept making very silly mistakes. I still won a few good few though, including a Zelda ditto so I'm pretty happy with how it all went.

He also uses up-tilt really really well, so that's something I need to keep in mind when playing Zelda.

The other day was practicing my tilts in FG. I managed to juggle a fox with just u-tilt till 70% damage just cause he wasn't doing any DI lol.

Poo is from Mother?

Supposedly, the YT feature works for any version of the game. Send me anything, but give me a few days to clear out my stash. Assuming the uploads are easy to do.

Yea, I wonder how many people know that when they play my Brawler. He is your last party member in Earthbound.

latest

it's
not
Snake
:(

I guess those customs are top results from the ballot, I wonder who will end up being playable then, I doubt it's only Wolf... or Ridley...
I feel like it's more like the customs are middle or low results on the ballot that Sakurai wants to throw a bone to. I doubt Flying Man is really high in the polls.

That's what I worry about, haha.

If only you finished the game...
I barely played it. Got to the first city, was killed by a ninja, and turned it off.

I own it now, though, so I will play it eventually.

Is the tourney mode going to be real tournaments with brackets or just lobbies like in MK8? Either way, can't wait to try it out. I can't play smash untill sunday evening though so I'll just read some impressions untill then :(. Also hyped to finally be able to upload replays to youtube.

Is the tourney mode going to be real tournaments with brackets or just lobbies like in MK8? Either way, can't wait to try it out. I can't play smash untill sunday evening though so I'll just read some impressions untill then :(. Also hyped to finally be able to upload replays to youtube.
It says you get to make rules for the room, which is pretty vague.

Fill me in?
Well, in Mario Kart 8 communities are basically big lobbies where you establish a ruleset for everyone to race by, and then give the community code to whoever you want to join. The GAF OT has several communities for various rulesets like 150cc and 200cc. Also, there's a leaderboard system that gives you points based on how well you do in each race.

Based on what I've seen of Sm4sh tourneys, brackets aside it all looks pretty similar. Lobby codes, points for leaderboards, established rulesets, all that is there.

Fandangox

I will just because it (should be) easier to do than capturing.

If anyone wants their stuff posted to my YT channel after the patch, send it my way.

Posting stuff others send me is nice.

I will send something every now and then If I find them interesting/funny, although I am hoping the youtube feature is robust enough.

Yea, I wonder how many people know that when they play my Brawler. He is your last party member in Earthbound.

latest

We gotta have that Ultimate Mother party member rematch from that one last time.

Well, in Mario Kart 8 communities are basically big lobbies where you establish a ruleset for everyone to race by, and then give the community code to whoever you want to join. The GAF OT has several communities for various rulesets like 150cc and 200cc. Also, there's a leaderboard system that gives you points based on how well you do in each race.

Based on what I've seen of Sm4sh tourneys, brackets aside it all looks pretty similar. Lobby codes, points for leaderboards, established rulesets, all that is there.
Hmm. Well, one day to find out. I know I am staying up tonight!

I will send something every now and then If I find them interesting/funny, although I am hoping the youtube feature is robust enough.

We gotta have that Ultimate Mother party member rematch from that one last time.

Hah for sure. I should make a Jeff Wii Gunner with the suit. I doubt I'd ever use him though

Hmm. Well, one day to find out. I know I am staying up tonight!

I'll be right there with you buddy, granted it comes out midnight.

Can you chat in the lobbies?

Speaking of, we should start an official "Smash4 tourney and lobby set up" thread to get back in OT... bwahaha

Can you chat in the lobbies?

Speaking of, we should start an official "Smash4 tourney and lobby set up" thread to get back in OT... bwahaha
The chat was limited to preset messages, so there was a lot of "I'm using tilt controls!" and "Go easy on me!"

Even if everyone was experienced and was, in fact, not using tilt controls. >.>;;;

Boney

Banned
I suppose we can set a 1v1 tourney a 2v2 tourney and a ffa tourney.

So I suppose that if we wanna fight we can go to the tourney instead of private rooms, at least I hope pairing would be easy this way. Only advantage is that it'll keep track of wins in a weekly manner.

Either way anybody wanna play?

The chat was limited to preset messages, so there was a lot of "I'm using tilt controls!" and "Go easy on me!"

Even if everyone was experienced and was, in fact, not using tilt controls. >.>;;;
Tilt controls are actually the best because you get max traction regardless of your car. Makes courses like ice and desert completely stupid.
I don't bother with then but damn ffdgh is a damn cheater with that :p

Nami, I know you always want to watch high level Yoshi play. Raykz uploaded matches of him vs. Sky yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttG16jT_EvO9Z2LbBXvp_g/videos

I feel like Sky has amazing offense, but no defense. He is careless and relentlessly attacks without thought to the consequence. He is playing Mewtwo's game, and Raykz still gets wrecked hard in most of these. Raykz thinks this is 45-55 for Mewtwo because so many matches were close in his opinion.

Curious about your thoughts.

I am going to compare these two to us.

First off, Raykz doesn't seem to be a very patient player. He never tries to get away and fully charge SB, and he doesn't hold on to a fully charged SB for a long time. His defense is very bad compared to yours. He recovered from off-stage in a way that made it possible to edgeguard, whereas you recover so deep and low that an edgeguard is really hard. He also seems to recover in the same way most of the time. His combo game is similar to yours, but he hardly uses Mewtwo's nair which is what I have the most trouble with. I know for sure that you have more Yoshi experience than him, but a lot of mistakes he made were general mistakes and not just Yoshi match-up mistakes.

Sky was playing very aggressively. He didn't want to give Mewtwo time to charge a SB, and Mewtwo didn't have time a lot, even if Raykz wasn't trying to give himself space. Sky pretty much used fairs until they hit. He uses utilt a lot more than me, and this is something I noticed when he was playing ZeRo on Twitch. He doesn't really stay back and use eggs, and just uses them to try and extend combos. I noticed he didn't grab a lot, even though it is pretty good against Mewtwo. Overall, it seemed to be a lot fair, uair, dair, and jab combos. Pure aggression, and the Mewtwo was allowing him to do all of this. Maybe I should try this against you. Their matches were 1-2 minutes shorter than ours.

Top Bottom