• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Oidisco

Anyone up for a few matches?

I can play if you want

By the way, something weird just happened. I was fighting a Sonic and hit him off-stage with the second charge of phantom. He was at mid-percents, and he didn't get knocked away but instead it was like it just killed his momentum and he couldn't recover. I didn't record it because I'm an idiot, but it's something I'm gonna be looking into later

Haha hah. If you guys aren't playing each other, I'd play for a bit. I'm not sure if I've played Wynd before?

We played each other earlier, lol.

I will play, unless you wanted to play Wynd

Yeah we played each other earlier. I don't think I want double helpings of shamrock destroying me. One set a day is enough to remind me I need to get better lol

Well, I don't think we played each other Tipster. So my NNID is Wyndstryker

edit: Ok, dunno who's playing against me now lol.

GG's. 8:00, have to head out.

If there's one thing I keep forgetting is that I can't keep going with the high risk high read style I like when playing on GAF.

In the Zelda dittos, I know whats gonna happen, problem is when. My timings are always off.

Oidisco

GG's. 8:00, have to head out.

If there's one thing I keep forgetting is that I can't keep going with the high risk high read style I like when playing on GAF.

In the Zelda dittos, I know whats gonna happen, problem is when. My timings are always off.

Ah you left, good games dude!

Yea high-risk playstyle with Zelda isn't super effective against people who know the game well, especially in my case since I main Zelda.
If there's one tip I can give you, it's just be careful with how you approach. The 1st few games were close, but once I realised you almost always approached with Dash Attack things became a lot easier for me.

And the issue with Zelda dittos is that she has some of the worse approach options in the game, so the winner is largely determined by who approaches the least. That was something I learned fighting Cosmo. He did a really good job of making me approach and that's how he won all except one of out Zelda dittos.

If you want I can link you to the vod where I played him since it was streamed. He's probably the only active high-level Zelda main and we can both learn a lot from him.

Boney

Banned
So who's gonna play me?

Also, what's up with toon link's grabs? I suppose up throw is the combo throw but jeez

At least back throw kills

Son Of D

Was messing around with customs and equipment to see what's the most damage Shulk could inflict with a counter. I think I might have found the highest.

hw9waoe.gif

• I gave both Roy and Shulk 2 Legendary Swords as well as a Critical-Hitter (I wasn't sure if Roy's attack getting a critical hit would affect the power of Shulk's counter).
  • Hyper Monado Arts on Shulk for the boosted Buster.
  • Power Vision because that shit is insanely good.
  • Take away the 10% Roy inflicted on himself with the Flare Sword and Shulk's counter just dealt 806%.

GG's Not even worthy of Mega Man I see.

What? Is that how people take it? I've been playing Mega Man a ton lately, I was just in a Little Mac mood. I can't read your mind, I'd have been happy to switch if you had asked.

Good games though. Little Mac vs Captain Falcon are intense, fast paced matches.

Fandangox

What? Is that how people take it? I've been playing Mega Man a ton lately, I was just in a Little Mac mood. I can't read your mind, I'd have been happy to switch if you had asked.

Good games though. Little Mac vs Captain Falcon are intense, fast paced matches.

Nah I understand wanting to play other characters for a long while, its not about you not using Mega man, its about me not even being able to beat Mac with my best character lol.

Nah I understand wanting to play other characters for a long while, its not about you not using Mega man, its about me not even being able to beat Mac with my best character lol.

Don't sweat it. You took a bunch of games and most of the ones I won would've gone either way and basically came down to the last hit.

Plus that last game was Halberd being Halberd.

Fandangox

Don't sweat it. You took a bunch of games and most of the ones I won would've gone either way and basically came down to the last hit.

Plus that last game was Halberd being Halberd.

Your mac just on another level, I wasn't able to get any grabs in and you properly spaced the dash attacks so I couldn't grab. Hell i only took one game as Ness and he has a very good MU against Mac.

Oidisco

One of the most frustrating things in this game is to fight against someone who is really good, but also spams roll and spotdodge.

Top Bottom