• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Especially after the dodge nerf in the update.
1 frame.

What? Is that how people take it? I've been playing Mega Man a ton lately, I was just in a Little Mac mood. I can't read your mind, I'd have been happy to switch if you had asked.

Good games though. Little Mac vs Captain Falcon are intense, fast paced matches.
Sometimes I take it that way. Or if you swap away from MM after several wins, you are bored.

Sometimes I take it that way. Or if you swap away from MM after several wins, you are bored.

I tend to use secondaries a lot. I hope people don't think this way when they play me.
One of the things I regret with Brawl is over time I dropped more and more of my secondaries and played Ness non stop. I think it did much to stunt my growth as a player. I am trying to avoid that mindset this time around.

Boney

Banned
Something the matter?

Oh we must've dc'ed
I'll rehost

It's a pretty good connection!

So what songs do the dlc stages have other than the n64 originals

Yo that dog assist

Boney

Banned
And I'm guessing you don't get to listen to them if you don't but it right? That sucks.

Also how come Charizard doesn't get cute hats like Pikachu and jiglypuff

And don't question zard's up b, it's magic

Crayolan

And I'm guessing you don't get to listen to them if you don't but it right? That sucks.

Also how come Charizard doesn't get cute hats like Pikachu and jiglypuff

And don't question zard's up b, it's magic

Is it custom? Cause that's waaaaay more powerful than I remember.

Ricky 7

ZeRo and M2k lost against Ally and Trela in the grand finals. Treal's Ryu was great.

Oh? Isn't the extra frame at the end of the roll? At the beginning would be pretty crappy.

It's at the end of the roll I think. Benefits me because sometimes when I'm flamethrowering a small character's shield they'll roll forward to get under Charizards mouth then they'll roll again behind me before I have a chance to angle the Flamethrower downwards. At least now it's going to be harder for them to roll forward safely.

Crayolan

Wtf, rollout goes through Marth/Lucina's counters, why not Ike's?

Anyway, GGs Boney.

Alright, good games Crayolan, as you can see my toon link is garbage, any idea where I can read up on him?

Maybe rollout wasn't fully charged?

I don't know, I've never actually bothered to look up stuff on Toon Link, I've just been playing him for a long time. He's my main in Brawl and Project M so picking him up in this game was pretty easy for me.

If only Smash 4 Toon Link was as good as Project M Toon Link. ;~;

Boney

Banned
Alright, good games Crayolan, as you can see my toon link is garbage, any idea where I can read up on him?

Maybe rollout wasn't fully charged?

So let's talk DLC stages. How many more do you think we're getting? What do you want to see? Think we'll get any more Smash 64 stages?

Hyrule Castle has always been one of my favorite stages in the whole series and I've wanted to see it come back since Melee, but after playing on it a bunch last night with some friends... man, I didn't realize just how fucking much I missed that stage. It's so fun it's ridiculous. I love when people get caught between the wall and the small tower on the right side and things turn chaotic... XD

I think I'm pretty good to go for Smash 64 stages at this point, though if we can't get Corneria in Smash Wii U due to Smash 3DS staking that territory, I'd love to see Sector Z make a comeback. Fighting on the Great Fox is always a great time!

Saffron City would be neat too, though I don't think it'll happen since the sprites for the hazard Pokémon really haven't aged well and would make the stage look even more dated than the Smash 64 stages already do.

At this point, I do wonder if we're going to actually see any Melee or Brawl stages make comebacks as DLC. It's a little odd that the only DLC revival stages so far have been Smash 64 ones. I'd say the Fountain of Dreams ship has sailed thanks to its music being in Dream Land 64, but I'm still keeping a slight glimmer of hope alive for an HD version of Pirate Ship. I want that stage so much it's not even funny. I can't really think of any Melee stages I'm dying to see come back, though I guess it'd be cool to have Pokémon Stadium 1 or Poké Floats come back.

I also want Frigate Orpheon to return, but I know that's never going to happen. :p If I can just have Pirate Ship again, I'll be 100% satisfied with DLC stages between that and Hyrule Castle!

Was messing around with customs and equipment to see what's the most damage Shulk could inflict with a counter. I think I might have found the highest.

hw9waoe.gif

• I gave both Roy and Shulk 2 Legendary Swords as well as a Critical-Hitter (I wasn't sure if Roy's attack getting a critical hit would affect the power of Shulk's counter).
  • Hyper Monado Arts on Shulk for the boosted Buster.
  • Power Vision because that shit is insanely good.
  • Take away the 10% Roy inflicted on himself with the Flare Sword and Shulk's counter just dealt 806%.

Haha, this is great! Thanks for sharing!

Was messing around with customs and equipment to see what's the most damage Shulk could inflict with a counter. I think I might have found the highest.

hw9waoe.gif

• I gave both Roy and Shulk 2 Legendary Swords as well as a Critical-Hitter (I wasn't sure if Roy's attack getting a critical hit would affect the power of Shulk's counter).
  • Hyper Monado Arts on Shulk for the boosted Buster.
  • Power Vision because that shit is insanely good.
  • Take away the 10% Roy inflicted on himself with the Flare Sword and Shulk's counter just dealt 806%.
Idea to make it bigger:
Counter a counter triggered by a third party's high damage attack.

Top Bottom