• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT2| Lucas comes out of Nowhere!

Good games buddy! Your Ryu is very good! Those up-tilt and down-tilts to Shoryuken kill so damn early, it was getting to me haha.

Is Ryu the new main?

Thanks, I practice the down tilt/up tilt xx srk. I'm getting better at it over time. I switched from Sheik to Ryu.
You have great spacing and patience, you blocked a lot of my impatient tatsus.

God damn that duck hunt side B.....

Man you are using characters I never get to fight. Good stuff. I must be looking like a potato to you though lol.

FSLink

Banned
God damn that duck hunt side B.....

Man you are using characters I never get to fight. Good stuff. I must be looking like a potato to you though lol.

Thanks, I use the entire cast for the most part. Let me know if there's any character in particular you'd want to fight.

FSLink

Banned
Or you might choose to learn your character outside of Super Speed spam. :p

Super Speed and Lightweight.

I am winning without it anyway. I think Dash Slash is bad for the game. I have ALWAYS held this opinion.

Lightweight would be fine if the platform cancelling glitch wasn't in honestly, even then, avoid uair and grabs while she's in it, and take advantage of her lighter weight.

Super Speed isn't braindead and can be intercepted, so I'm fine with it as is. Learn to counter it. I have no issues against customs Palutena but I do use Ness. His nair helps a lot.

Or you might choose to learn your character outside of Super Speed spam. :p

Super Speed and Lightweight.

I am winning without it anyway. I think Dash Slash is bad for the game. I have ALWAYS held this opinion.
Palutena is Zelda tier without those customs... Lightweight actually let's her kill things too, otherwise it's all reads. I've done FG grinding with Palutena and it's not fun at all.

Lightweight would be fine if the platform cancelling glitch wasn't in honestly, even then, avoid uair and grabs while she's in it, and take advantage of her lighter weight.

Super Speed isn't braindead and can be intercepted, so I'm fine with it as is. Learn to counter it.
Why do you always pretend bullshit isn't bullshit? No, you can't counter Super Speed when it is done well. I also just killed DQ with usmash while he did it, so I get it. You can air dodge cancel it at any time, jump cancel it, shield cancel it, etc. What the fuck is the "counter" to a move that makes you move lightning fast, gives you a hitbox, but you can cancel it any way you want? It is a suped up Spindash that combos into a kill move.

No, Lightweight is not fine. KOing off of a grab mid screen at 90% is not okay.

Palutena is Zelda tier without those customs... Lightweight actually let's her kill things too, otherwise it's all reads. I've done FG grinding with Palutena and it's not fun at all.
Okay, so play your weak character like I do. I don't think adding a bunch of stupid OP moves can be justified like that. Bowser is 100% reads and punishment. I have no safe offense.

Just out of curiosity, how do you feel about Shoryuken?
I think it is justifiable because it is extremely high risk and Ryu has low mobility. It isn't that much better than Mega man's. It is kind of like Bowser Bomb, if you follow me. Extremely high risk, gets you killed if you miss, so you have to really think about it.

Finally back, E3 was very fun.

Have any of you switched your mains to any of the new DLC characters? Haven't really played against them or tried them, so would love to play against somebody who's been using them.

I think it is justifiable because it is extremely high risk and Ryu has low mobility. It isn't that much better than Mega man's. It is kind of like Bowser Bomb, if you follow me. Extremely high risk, gets you killed if you miss, so you have to really think about it.
Bowser is above default Palutena by a decent margin. Zero doesn't even place custom palutena in high tier. She isn't that easy to use at all. I feel like you flip flop on her all the time.

Well, I ask because it combos from some super fast, super safe moves, like Up-tilt and Down-tilt. Feels like the same kind of bullshit to me to die because you got hit by what's basically a jab at 90%.

FSLink

Banned
Why do you always pretend bullshit isn't bullshit? No, you can't counter Super Speed when it is done well. I also just killed DQ with usmash while he did it, so I get it. You can air dodge cancel it at any time, jump cancel it, shield cancel it, etc. What the fuck is the "counter" to a move that makes you move lightning fast, gives you a hitbox, but you can cancel it any way you want? It is a suped up Spindash that combos into a kill move.

No, Lightweight is not fine. KOing off of a grab mid screen at 90% is not okay.

"Always". Wow. I just spend a little bit of time in the lab to figure stuff out, it's not unbeatable, therefore I don't think it's bullshit. I'm not pretending. I also have a really busy job in the military so it's not like it's impossible to put a small amount of time in the lab.

At the end of the day, Palutena is a character with mediocre buttons, a decent jab, and good grab follow ups. Super Speed also has cooldown before being used again, and her trajectory is fairly obvious. Respect Super Speed and she's left with her crap buttons still. Super Speed doesn't magically fix all her issues.

I would also agree that Ryu's SRK isn't that high risk to do, and it can be combo'd into.

Masked Man

I said wow
@Everyone on my Wii U Friend List: I just sent you the K.K. Slider costume, so enjoy!
3AQmK.gif

Bowser is above default Palutena by a decent margin. Zero doesn't even place custom palutena in high tier. She isn't that easy to use at all.
ZeRo places Mewtwo in low tier, but I still play him quite a bit.

Look, when I used Dash Slash Bowser, my fundamentals decayed. I didn't have to play footsies because I could zip in and get free hits. My Bowser has degraded because of it. I feel like your Palutena has stagnated, and maybe Super Speed is why.

The general community is against customs. Most of Smashboards wishes they could talk Wizard out of it. Sakurai doesn't take them seriously enough to balance them. They generally lower the skill level of the game. I wouldn't expect them to stick around.

Also, you did fantastic that last match when you focused on footsies instead of spamming Super Speed.

ZeRo places Mewtwo in low tier, but I still play him quite a bit.

Look, when I used Dash Slash Bowser, my fundamentals decayed. I didn't have to play footsies because I could zip in and get free hits. My Bowser has degraded because of it. I feel like your Palutena has stagnated, and maybe Super Speed is why.

The general community is against customs. Most of Smashboards wishes they could talk Wizard out of it. Sakurai doesn't take them seriously enough to balance them. They generally lower the skill level of the game. I wouldn't expect them to stick around.

Also, you did fantastic that last match when you focused on footsies instead of spamming Super Speed.
I've put in like 300 hours in FG with default Palutena she is not fun to struggle with at all. I'd be fine with just Light Weight so I could space people out and actually have a way to kill people without guessing. Hell even Ganon is kind of fun on FG because you can mess with people..

"Always". Wow. I just spend a little bit of time in the lab to figure stuff out, it's not unbeatable, therefore I don't think it's bullshit. I'm not pretending. I also have a really busy job in the military so it's not like it's impossible to put a small amount of time in the lab.

At the end of the day, Palutena is a character with mediocre buttons, a decent jab, and good grab follow ups. Super Speed also has cooldown before being used again, and her trajectory is fairly obvious. Respect Super Speed and she's left with her crap buttons still. Super Speed doesn't magically fix all her issues.

I would also agree that Ryu's SRK isn't that high risk to do, and it can be combo'd into.
Beatable doesn't mean not bullshit. You know that. Hidden Missiles is beatable. It is still bullshit. I lab this game a ton, and I don't complain about things because I lose to them. DQ and I are probably about even right now, and I counter his Super Speed a lot. That doesn't make it balanced.

I haven't played a Ryu that made strong use of it, so maybe I need to experience that. /shrug

I've put in like 300 hours in FG with default Palutena she is not fun to struggle with at all. I'd be fine with just Light Weight so I could space people out and actually have a way to kill people without guessing. Hell even Ganon is kind of fun on FG because you can mess with people..
Trust me, I feel you on that. I think that it would be fine for her dthrow to just always combo into uthrow, don't you?

@Everyone on my Wii U Friend List: I just sent you the K.K. Slider costume, so enjoy!
3AQmK.gif

You mean as a mii? I dont think we will be able to use them unless if we owned the costume in the first place. They would just go to default costume when picked.

Edit: yep, just a bald man with a dog face. :p

Thanks anyways! Good face for when I actually get the costume

FSLink

Banned
Beatable doesn't mean not bullshit. You know that. Hidden Missiles is beatable. It is still bullshit. I lab this game a ton, and I don't complain about things because I lose to them. DQ and I are probably about even right now, and I counter his Super Speed a lot. That doesn't make it balanced.

I haven't played a Ryu that made strong use of it, so maybe I need to experience that. /shrug

Trust me, I feel you on that. I think that it would be fine for her dthrow to just always combo into uthrow, don't you?

Super Speed has great mixups and followups, but I don't feel it's bullshit since it's not consistent. Whatever action Palutena has to pick, she has to commit. If you disagree, that's fine. But don't call me out saying that I always pretend bullshit isn't bullshit, that was uncalled for. I feel I try to make my opinions backed with knowledge, and I'm respectful of people's opinions here.

Super Speed has great mixups and followups, but I don't feel it's bullshit since it's not consistent. Whatever action Palutena has to pick, she has to commit. If you disagree, that's fine. But don't call me out saying that I always pretend bullshit isn't bullshit, that was uncalled for. I feel I try to make my opinions backed with knowledge, and I'm respectful of people's opinions here.
You never say anything needs a nerf, though. :p Prove me wrong and give me your list. ;) Also, I don't feel calling bullshit is disrespectful. You know I love you. My apologies if you were offended.

Top Bottom